Can "Mark Topics Read" link be moved away from page links?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
lakpr

Can "Mark Topics Read" link be moved away from page links?

Post by lakpr »

Admin team,

Is it possible to keep the "Mark Topics Read" link away from the individual page links that read "1, 2, 3," etc.?

Accidentally clicked that link and it marked all topics as read, and I no longer have track of what topics I read and what I did not. There is also no way to undo that option.

Given that this option cannot be undone, I suggest that this link be placed far away from pages navigation, and that one must make s conscious choice to seek out the link and mark all posts in a forum as read.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Can "Mark Topics Read" link be moved away from page links?

Post by LadyGeek »

The "Mark topics read" link appears when viewing a particular forum. The page links are for forum threads.

Sorry, but we're not going to change the forum's layout ("style" as it's called here). There are far too many configurations - mobile, desktop, resolution, etc. to determine a new layout.

The developers of the phpBB software have the resources to determine what works in most cases. We don't, so we keep the "stock" configuration.

The only consolation is that new posts to those threads will refresh the unread topics icons.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.