Email notifications not working?

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
occambogle

Email notifications not working?

Post by occambogle »

Hi,
It could well be something at my end... but I haven't received any email notifications from my subscribed threads in the last day or two. I get the Notifications indicator on the website, but no email notifications. It was working fine until the last day or two, and have double checked that "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" is checked. Anyone else having this issue or it's just me?
Thanks.
Stinky

Re: Email notifications not working?

Post by Stinky »

No problem on my end. Email flowing in as expected.
It's a GREAT day to be alive - Travis Tritt
Topic Author
occambogle

Post by occambogle »

Stinky wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:44 am No problem on my end. Email flowing in as expected.
Strange... I just tried turning my email notifications off and then on again (they were definitely on) and now everything is flowing again... Thanks for the help.
FIby45

Post by FIby45 »

Same issue.

I am also not getting notifications in the site to subscribed topics.
Peculiar_Investor

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

FIby45 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:25 am Same issue.

I am also not getting notifications in the site to subscribed topics.
There was a change in the behaviour of email notifications in the most recent board software update,
Only one email notification per topic - Reduced emails sent as notifications when not having visited topic
Are you getting any notification emails, or perhaps just a reduction in the number?
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
FIby45

Post by FIby45 »

Hmmm. Well I received an email notification for your message.

I think I may have found my confusion. It has to do with the way "subscribe" appears at the top of posts. If you are not subscribed it appears as an already checked box (which says "subscribed") and if you are subscribed it appears as "subsribed"

I can't figure out an easy way to upload a screenshot.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Sorry, you can't upload files. Instead, you'll need to upload the screenshot to a file hosting site and share the link.

See the wiki: Posting images in the Bogleheads forum
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.