Proving source of wealth to a broker

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
Bishop69

Proving source of wealth to a broker

Post by Bishop69 »

Hello. I've opened my account in Interactive Brokers a couple of months ago. In my initial application and EDD questionnaire sent to me after account opening I truthfully wrote about sources of my wealth. I was sure that I was all set if they asked me to present them with the proving documents. But after scrupulous looking it turned out that most of them are missing. I managed to find some but it will only be enough for a quarter of the deposited sum. But my husband has more than enough legal sources like capital gains, employment income and real estate sale to cover the whole deposited sum. However, I did not mention him in any of the forms. I want to contact IB and ask them if I could present my husband's sources instead of some of the initially stated ones. I should mention that I'm a resident of a country with a high AML risk. How could they react?
oldcomputerguy

Re: Proving source of wealth to a broker

Post by oldcomputerguy »

This topic is now in the Non-US Investing forum.
There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. (Christopher Morley)

Re: Proving source of wealth to a broker

Post by 900 »

Did they contact you? If not then just simply ignore it until your next EDD submission.