Anyone using Flowbank?

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
AllomancerJack

Anyone using Flowbank?

Post by AllomancerJack »

Would like to hear your experience!
David Jay

Re: Anyone using Flowbank?

Post by David Jay »

You will probably get limited responses here on BH, as most contributors are US based.

From their app: “FlowBank does not provide services for citizens of certain regions, such as The United States of America.
It's not an engineering problem - Hersh Shefrin | To get the "risk premium", you really do have to take the risk - nisiprius
galeno

Post by galeno »

Following.
KISS & STC.
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

I'm a US-based investor. What is Flowbank?
TedSwippet

Post by TedSwippet »

UpperNwGuy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:11 am I'm a US-based investor. What is Flowbank?
FlowBank
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

TedSwippet wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:30 am
UpperNwGuy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:11 am I'm a US-based investor. What is Flowbank?
FlowBank
Thanks, Ted!
Valuethinker

Post by Valuethinker »

David Jay wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:18 pm You will probably get limited responses here on BH, as most contributors are US based.

From their app: “FlowBank does not provide services for citizens of certain regions, such as The United States of America.
But this board title is

Board index < Non-US investors < Non-US Investing

So it's a logical place to post such a question?

Or did you not realise what Board you were on?
David Jay

Post by David Jay »

Valuethinker wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:57 pm
David Jay wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:18 pm You will probably get limited responses here on BH, as most contributors are US based.

But this board title is

Board index < Non-US investors < Non-US Investing

So it's a logical place to post such a question?

Or did you not realise what Board you were on?
Right place to ask the question. I think zero replies by anyone with FlowBank experience in the first 24 hours kind of confirms my expectation.
It's not an engineering problem - Hersh Shefrin | To get the "risk premium", you really do have to take the risk - nisiprius
thegreatPY

Post by thegreatPY »

I was thinking to open an account with them but just stayed with T212 for the moment.
Swiss regulated it’s something appealing but at a cost.
galeno

Post by galeno »

I'm confused. Can non-US investors use Flow Bank?

We're always looking for GOOD brokerage houses that will accept Central Americans AND offer access to Irish Vanguard and Ishares UCITS ETFs on the LSE.

So far we know 3. IBKR, Saxo Bank, and Digiro.
Last edited by galeno on Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
KISS & STC.
thegreatPY

Post by thegreatPY »

galeno wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:17 pm I'm confused. Can non-US investors use Flow Bank?

We're always looking for GOOD brokerage houses that will accept Central Americans AND offer access to Irish Vanguard and Ishares UCITS ETFs on the LSE.

So far we know 3. IBKR, Saxo Bank, and (can't remember it).
I think flowbank will accept. You could give it a try but first read their prices and fees.
galeno

Post by galeno »

Tried to open an account at Flow Bank. Could not get beyond the SMS text code verification.
KISS & STC.
Hustlinghustling

Post by Hustlinghustling »

Bit tight, but they’re offering a free stock up to 500 CHF value for opening account and funding it with 1k by end of the month

https://www.flowbank.com/jointhebignames
galeno

Post by galeno »

Still can't get beyond where they're supposed to send me a SMS text.
KISS & STC.
Keropok

Post by Keropok »

galeno wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:17 pm I'm confused. Can non-US investors use Flow Bank?

Hello everybody,

My first post here, finally happy to contribute something after learning so much.
You might want to have a look at CCtrader, based in Malta. I managed to open without difficulty as a resident of Singapore, but EU citizen.
I know Malta is not good jurisdiction for protection but CCtrader does not play gimmicks with CFDs and other dangerous products to attract customers.
Trading fees are reasonable (not Interactive Brokers level of course), and more importantly no custody fee so it might be a good option for broker diversification for buy and hold. Apparently you can open directly in USD.
For disclosure I use them only for a tiny play account (access to Malta stock exchange), the vast majority of my investments are with Interactive Brokers.
Reading through their FAQ they do not have specific restrictions for international customers as such but as stated "The platform is accessible to all jurisdictions that are not deemed as being country risks in terms of money laundering/terrorism financing. The standard compliance due diligence process would apply for account opening. ".
Last edited by Keropok on Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
1squirrel

Post by 1squirrel »

galeno wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Hello galeno
have a look at Swissquote.
They have a banking licence regulated by Finma and
their custody fee is CHF 200,- max a year.
Trades are more expensive than IBKR but compared to
traditional Swiss banks still cheap. (Guess how I know)

Access to UCITS ETFs is no problem.

Opening an account was painless through a Video call.
All this might not apply if you are a US person.
galeno

Post by galeno »

OK. So far we have 5 GOOD* stock brokers for non-US investors w/o US tax treaties.

1. IBKR
2. Saxo Bank
3. Digiro
4. Swissquote
5. Flow Bank

* access to UCITS ETFs.
KISS & STC.
Swiss Bee

Post by Swiss Bee »

I have looked at Flowbank today. They are based in Geneva, Switzerland, and regulated by FINMA.

They have been founded in 2020, which might be the reason not many people know them. Doing a quick cost comparison on moneyland.ch they seem to be (one of the) cheapest Swiss brokers. I might look into it as their prices are very attractive. That said, they seem to have only 90 employees, which is quite small…

Please let me know if you have experience with them, as they look to be the cheapest broker here in Switzerland 🇨🇭 En guete
Dabach

Post by Dabach »

I prefer well-established institutions for my investments (new start-ups tend to change their pricing, as long as they survive).
So I'll wait a little longer.
Cartago

Post by Cartago »

I see posts are old from 2021. Any updates or news on Flow Bank?