Do all-in-one funds exist outside the US?

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
bitmouse

Do all-in-one funds exist outside the US?

Post by bitmouse » Mon May 04, 2020 5:05 pm

Are there any ETFs suitable for a one fund portfolio outside the US? In the EU?

Similar to Vanguard's LifeStrategy funds, TargetRetirement, or iShares Core Allocation series?

assyadh

Re: Do all-in-one funds exist outside the US?

Post by assyadh » Mon May 04, 2020 7:37 pm

Canada has some, the UK as well.

Peculiar_Investor

Post by Peculiar_Investor » Mon May 04, 2020 8:30 pm

bitmouse wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:05 pm
Are there any ETFs suitable for a one fund portfolio outside the US? In the EU?

Similar to Vanguard's LifeStrategy funds, TargetRetirement, or iShares Core Allocation series?
assyadh wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 7:37 pm
Canada has some
The Canadian ones are Vanguard asset allocation ETFs. I suspect the challenge might be the fact that The role of home bias in global asset allocation decisions will likely show up in the country specific formulations that target the specific 'home market' of the ETFs.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

MaxDOL

Post by MaxDOL » Mon May 04, 2020 10:56 pm

Vanguard Canada and Vanguard Australia both provide their own ETF version of Life Strategy fund.
Both have home bias allocation.

As an investor from small developing country who prefer invest in only one asset allocation fund for simplicity, I choose to invest in USA's Ishares Core Allocation ETF.
It also have USA home bias allocation but it still very close to global market cap weight for both stocks and bonds.

oogZoo

Post by oogZoo » Tue May 05, 2020 11:57 am

There are many such funds in Finland. Not as ETFs though. The costs of those funds tend to be significantly higher than using separate bond and equity funds.

pin

Post by pin » Wed May 06, 2020 12:43 am

While not part of the EU anymore I understand the UK has several options including Lifestatergy for Vanguard and a few other options by HSBC and Legal and General. I however suspect you will need to be a UK resident to invest with them and they will be in GBP.

I think the only exception is you can invest via SwissQuote with UK LifeStatergy Funds but the minimum amount is GBP100k.

BeBH65

Post by BeBH65 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:33 am

Do a search for "VanEck Vectors Multi-Asset"
BeBH65. (only an investment enthusiast, not a financial adviser, perform your due diligence). | Have a look at https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Outline_of_Non-US_domiciles