Trading VWRD

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Post Reply
Topic Author
mooudn
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:28 am

Trading VWRD

Post by mooudn » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi guys,
I tried buying VWRD stocks but I'm getting denied permission to do so. What kind of trading permision do I need to be able to trade this etf? I'm assuming United Kingdom Stocks?

Thanks

JimBeam
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:06 am

Re: Trading VWRD

Post by JimBeam » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:01 pm

European markets are already closed for today, maybe that's why?

User avatar
galeno
Posts: 1623
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:06 pm

Re: Trading VWRD

Post by galeno » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:50 pm

When I rebalance our port on the LSE I do it at 3 a.m. because we live in the Americas.

Topic Author
mooudn
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:28 am

Re: Trading VWRD

Post by mooudn » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:02 pm

galeno wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:50 pm
When I rebalance our port on the LSE I do it at 3 a.m. because we live in the Americas.
wait but why would it give a permission error?

Topic Author
mooudn
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:28 am

Re: Trading VWRD

Post by mooudn » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:10 pm

galeno wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:50 pm
When I rebalance our port on the LSE I do it at 3 a.m. because we live in the Americas.
why so early? im eastern time so ill give it another go tmrw morning. markets are opn till 4:30 pm

glorat
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:17 am

Re: Trading VWRD

Post by glorat » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:47 am

mooudn wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:49 pm
Hi guys,
I tried buying VWRD stocks but I'm getting denied permission to do so. What kind of trading permision do I need to be able to trade this etf? I'm assuming United Kingdom Stocks?

Thanks
Yes, Stocks -> United Kingdom

I helped someone set up an IB account and that's the only thing I helped them request access for, to get access to those Vanguard ETFs

Topic Author
mooudn
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:28 am

Re: Trading VWRD

Post by mooudn » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:32 pm

right silly me. I was able to trade it today. I bought 1 share of VWRD today as a test and I got charged $5 CAD in commisions. I thought trading commissions were $0.005*no. share. What gives?

michoco911
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:13 am

Re: Trading VWRD

Post by michoco911 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:28 pm

mooudn wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:32 pm
right silly me. I was able to trade it today. I bought 1 share of VWRD today as a test and I got charged $5 CAD in commisions. I thought trading commissions were $0.005*no. share. What gives?
Depending on the platform, there might be a minimum fees for the transaction.
30% VWRD 30% VUSD 40% AGGG until further notice

glorat
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:17 am

Re: Trading VWRD

Post by glorat » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:29 am

mooudn wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:32 pm
right silly me. I was able to trade it today. I bought 1 share of VWRD today as a test and I got charged $5 CAD in commisions. I thought trading commissions were $0.005*no. share. What gives?
That's pretty high for IB. It looks like you may have signed up for the "Fixed" pricing tier which charges 5 USD per order of VWRD. If you were on the "Tiered" pricing then the minimum would be 1 GBP + the 0.05% of the transaction

Topic Author
mooudn
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:28 am

Re: Trading VWRD

Post by mooudn » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:19 am

glorat wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:29 am
mooudn wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:32 pm
right silly me. I was able to trade it today. I bought 1 share of VWRD today as a test and I got charged $5 CAD in commisions. I thought trading commissions were $0.005*no. share. What gives?
That's pretty high for IB. It looks like you may have signed up for the "Fixed" pricing tier which charges 5 USD per order of VWRD. If you were on the "Tiered" pricing then the minimum would be 1 GBP + the 0.05% of the transaction
I don't recall signing up for anything. How do I change to tiered pricing?

imperia
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:31 am

Re: Trading VWRD

Post by imperia » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:05 am

Go to Client Portal- Account Settings-Commissions Pricing-Switch to “Tiered"
Next day tiered structure will be active.

For other things just tipe in google "how to to...on ibkr" and you will find answer.
IBKR also has youtube with video clips...

Wad
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Re: Trading VWRD

Post by Wad » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:56 pm

Is there a tiered pricing trading minimum at IBKR. If you were investing say $10,000 twice a year in VWRD would tiered be a smarter choice than fixed? I always thought that tiered pricing benefited day traders more.

silverex
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:05 pm
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Trading VWRD

Post by silverex » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:25 am

Wad wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:56 pm
Is there a tiered pricing trading minimum at IBKR. If you were investing say $10,000 twice a year in VWRD would tiered be a smarter choice than fixed? I always thought that tiered pricing benefited day traders more.
https://merelycurious.me/post/interacti ... ommissions
Looks like tiered is cheaper in your case.

Wad
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Re: Trading VWRD

Post by Wad » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:31 pm

Thanks Silverex!

Post Reply