Tradestation Global - anyone here use this platform?

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
sublimelaconic

Tradestation Global - anyone here use this platform?

Post by sublimelaconic » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:49 am

I was on the lookout for a broker who had the cheapest fees for my needs:

1. Buy and hold up to 3 ETFs
2. Low capital (initially around USD 4000)
3. 2-3 trades per year
4. No inactivity fees
5. No custody fees
6. No deposit and withdrawal fees
7. Low to high commissions (around USD 20 maximum per trade is fine)
8. Can open an account for Philippine residents

Tradestation Global seems to check all the boxes. They're a broker based in the UK (I think) and they're also affiliated with Interactive Brokers.
However, this review seems to indicate that there's a USD 10 inactivity fee, but the customer service agent I talked to (I immediately got a call from them after sending an inquiry, which is very encouraging) said otherwise; there's no inactivity fee if I register for a Tradestation Global account.

I'm more inclined to believe the agent I talked to, but I just wanted to confirm with anyone here who has an account with them? Also, are there any things I should know about? I'm more interested in the cons/downsides.

Another option is Saxo Bank, but I'm currently encountering issues with opening an account with them and they also have custody fees. So right now, I'm favoring Tradestation Global if I could manage to confirm the above.

Thanks so much!

Laurizas

Re: Tradestation Global - anyone here use this platform?

Post by Laurizas » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:20 pm

There is no inactivity fee, I use it. Read the terms and conditions, they are an introducing broker to IB. What does it mean exactly, I do not know.

Topic Author
sublimelaconic

Post by sublimelaconic » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:17 am

Laurizas wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:20 pm
There is no inactivity fee, I use it. Read the terms and conditions, they are an introducing broker to IB. What does it mean exactly, I do not know.
Thanks for that confirmation.

Another clarification: do the fees indicated here also apply to "Tradestation Global"? Particularly the "Account Service Fee".

Thanka again!

Laurizas

Post by Laurizas » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:39 am

I have not used any of these additional services, so I do not know, but what concerns account service fee, there is none.