Vanguard UK SIPP

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Post Reply
Topic Author
Brannonpm
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:11 am

Vanguard UK SIPP

Post by Brannonpm » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:28 pm

Do you know anything about the SIPP that’s being developed for the UK market.

TedSwippet
Posts: 2509
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:19 pm
Location: UK

Re: Vanguard UK SIPP

Post by TedSwippet » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm

Welcome.
Brannonpm wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:28 pm
Do you know anything about the SIPP that’s being developed for the UK market.
No inside knowledge here, unfortunately. Vanguard UK's SIPP seems to have been "coming soon" for an awful long time now. No idea what the hold-up is, or when the SIPP might finally appear. Your guess would be as good as mine.

NearlyRetired
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:56 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Vanguard UK SIPP

Post by NearlyRetired » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:18 pm

There was this update from Vanguard earlier this year
To err is to be human, to really mess up, use a computer

glorat
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:17 am

Re: Vanguard UK SIPP

Post by glorat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:48 am

Two years late, it has arrived!

https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/arti ... al-pension

EDIT: Gah... too soon

It is launching "Early 2020". All they've done this month is to announce its details. (annual administration charge of 0.15 per cent, capped at £375 - access to usual Vanguard funds)

NearlyRetired
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:56 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Vanguard UK SIPP

Post by NearlyRetired » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:13 am

glorat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:48 am
Two years late, it has arrived!

https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/arti ... al-pension

EDIT: Gah... too soon

It is launching "Early 2020". All they've done this month is to announce its details. (annual administration charge of 0.15 per cent, capped at £375 - access to usual Vanguard funds)
Yes, I think it is a 2 stage launch as well. Early 2020 for people who wish to accumulate and next tax year for those who wish to draw down (of course that could be April!)
To err is to be human, to really mess up, use a computer

minimalistmarc
Posts: 507
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:38 pm

Re: Vanguard UK SIPP

Post by minimalistmarc » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:54 pm

glorat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:48 am
Two years late, it has arrived!

https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/arti ... al-pension

EDIT: Gah... too soon

It is launching "Early 2020". All they've done this month is to announce its details. (annual administration charge of 0.15 per cent, capped at £375 - access to usual Vanguard funds)
That’s a much higher cap than I pay for my HL. SIPP which is £200 for non fund holdings. Does it include ER of the ETFs/funds held in the SIPP?

TedSwippet
Posts: 2509
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:19 pm
Location: UK

Re: Vanguard UK SIPP

Post by TedSwippet » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:53 pm

minimalistmarc wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:54 pm
That’s a much higher cap than I pay for my HL. SIPP which is £200 for non fund holdings. Does it include ER of the ETFs/funds held in the SIPP?
No, those are on top. The 0.15% is just the platform fee. £375/year is also more than the £240 that I pay for my Interactive Investor SIPP, and I'm able to hold both funds and ETFs in that for this fee.

minimalistmarc
Posts: 507
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:38 pm

Re: Vanguard UK SIPP

Post by minimalistmarc » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:22 pm

TedSwippet wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:53 pm
minimalistmarc wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:54 pm
That’s a much higher cap than I pay for my HL. SIPP which is £200 for non fund holdings. Does it include ER of the ETFs/funds held in the SIPP?
No, those are on top. The 0.15% is just the platform fee. £375/year is also more than the £240 that I pay for my Interactive Investor SIPP, and I'm able to hold both funds and ETFs in that for this fee.
Ok. My Sipp is pretty small at 70k because my DB pension eats my allowance so I would be cheaper with vanguard up to £133333

It’s not really inspiring me to move my assets, which are all with HL.

xxd091
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:41 am
Location: UK

Re: Vanguard UK SIPP

Post by xxd091 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Some talk that they only accept cash-no specie transfers even if they are Vanguard funds
No drawdown charges shown yet
A work in progress!
Monevator.com has good thread/comments running at the moment
xxd091

Post Reply