Amica insurance -- Anybody members here??

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Winthorpe

Amica insurance -- Anybody members here??

Post by Winthorpe » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:13 am

Anybody use Amica insurance for auto, home, or anything else?

They seem to have a good reputation, but premiums do seem to be quite a bit higher than my current rates. Any feedback would be appreciated.

linuxuser

Re: Amica insurance -- Anybody members here??

Post by linuxuser » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:25 am

You might want to do a search. They've been discussed frequently whenever the subject of insurance pops up.

TT

Post by TT » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:30 am

I compared them to Allstate last year for Home , Auto and umbrella liability and found them cost wise to be about 10 % higher. I have been with Allstate for a long time and it is important to advise your agent to update you on discounts to ensure you are getting the best price for your coverage. For example my agent told me I would same about $120 annually on my policies just to have bills emailed instead of using USPS - That was an easy decision. Every time someone tells me how cheap their insurance company is and I do a rate comparison they are always higher. I have never had a claim issue with them.
Last edited by TT on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Call_Me_Op

Post by Call_Me_Op » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:36 am

I don't believe in skimping on insurance. They are a great company. They also send a dividend check (typically) at the end of the year, so this needs to be factored-in to net cost.
Best regards, -Op | | "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." Einstein

czeckers

Post by czeckers » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:55 am

We have all our policies with Amica. Thankfully I can't comment on how they do with a major claim, but we have been very pleased with their service so far. They were cheaper than our State Farm that we had before and were as cheap or cheaper than everything we priced at the time (a few years ago). I'm sure prices vary between different markets. One nice perk is that they also offer roadside assistance which allowed us to drop AAA. Their ratings in consumer magazines are usually quite good.

-K
The Espresso portfolio: | | 16% LCV, 16% SCV, 16% EM, 8% Int'l Value, 8% Int'l Sm, 8% US REIT, 8% Int'l REIT, 20% Inter-term US Treas | | "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

aubpri

Post by aubpri » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:02 am

Call_Me_Op wrote:I don't believe in skimping on insurance. They are a great company. They also send a dividend check (typically) at the end of the year, so this needs to be factored-in to net cost.
By annual dividend check do you mean a return of overpayment? That is what most dividend checks actually are from an insurance company. Unless it is a mutual insurance company

tludwig23

Post by tludwig23 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:13 am

aubpri wrote:
Call_Me_Op wrote:I don't believe in skimping on insurance. They are a great company. They also send a dividend check (typically) at the end of the year, so this needs to be factored-in to net cost.
By annual dividend check do you mean a return of overpayment? That is what most dividend checks actually are from an insurance company. Unless it is a mutual insurance company
From Amica's website:

"Amica is a mutual company. That means that our policyholders – people like you – are the ones who really own the company."
That's what I do: I drink, and I know things. --Tyrion Lannister

Blues

Post by Blues » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:39 am

I switched to Amica last year for home, auto and umbrella after about 30 years with Geico and several with their partner, Travelers.

I literally saved many hundreds of dollars. The service and support was excellent in getting set up with them and the website is very convenient in terms of seeing everything (including policy info) in one place and making one payment for multiple policies (if applicable). I, for one, am very happy to have made the switch.

The closest (highly rated) company when I did my research was Auto Owners but I didn't feel like having to deal with an "agent" when I had insurance needs. I prefer to call an 800 number whenever the need arises.
“Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” - Sun Tzu | "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

apk

Post by apk » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:41 am

I had Amica for almost a decade for homeowners and auto. The only claim I ever made was after hail damage. Everyone on my street was getting a new roof because of the hail damage.

Amica denied my claim. I guess my roof was the only one on the block not severely damaged.

This happened in the ninth year of my being a policy holder. I stayed with Amica for one more year and then went to another company.

Amica does have a great reputation. But the one time I needed its help, it said "No."

JDCPAEsq

Post by JDCPAEsq » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:41 am

Amica doesn't pay dividends in all states. Florida is one where there are no dividends. Have been a policyholder for 45 years and always pleased except when they refused to cover my new house in Florida. Last I knew they weren't accepting new homeowner's policies in Florida.
John

Call_Me_Op

Post by Call_Me_Op » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:14 am

aubpri wrote:
No, not a return of overpayment. A share of the profits, I believe.
Best regards, -Op | | "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." Einstein

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:32 am

I use Amica and I am pleased with them. I don't care if some other company is a little cheaper, because car insurance is a very small part of my budget. When I move to another state I will do a new research and may change the insurance company at that time.

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)

Jake46

Post by Jake46 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:27 am

I have had my home, auto, umbrella policies with AMICA since 1974. Great customer service.

FinanceGeek

Post by FinanceGeek » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:36 am

I've been with Amica for ~10 years and have had 2 or 3 claims with them - which they handled very promptly and professionally. I was involved in a pretty major car accident last year in which the other driver was at fault and they handled the entire subrogation aspect of it for me.

They're not cheap, but I think its worth it.

WatchinU

Post by WatchinU » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:35 pm

I have had Amica insurance for my house for over 10 years. They have been great. There is no middle man involved. This means I get answers from the folks that know what they are talking about. I had one claim for hail damage a few years ago and they were great. They hired a 3rd party independent adjuster who examined the damage and provided a detailed write and estimate. This estimate was way more generous than what it actually cost to repair my roof. I liked the independence in this effort because they are not influenced one way or another -- no conflict of interest and no worries about getting ripped off.

Amica sent a check made out to the mortgage company and myself. I researched and followed all the rules to have the mortgage company endorse the check. The mortgage company hung on to the check and did nothing with it. They may have lost it but they never came clean. Amica offered to cancel that check and issue another. I instead asked if I could have the roof fixed and pay for it up front then be reimbursed by Amica without having to go through obtaining mortgage company approvals for an insurance check. Amica was fine with this approach.

All the roofers wanted to insert themselves in the middle of my claim but I didn't allow that to happen. They wanted to tweak their own estimate based on what the insurance would pay and that would have been much higher $. I obtained estimates from roofers and selected one. Some wanted their $ paid up front and that was a red flag for me. I had the selected roofing company complete the work and I paid for it. I submitted a copy of the paid invoice along with a city inspection doc. Amica promptly issued a check to me only.

My car insurance is with another company where there is a middle man and I find that I do not always get my questions answered thoroughly and they do not provide advice on how to save $ on my policies. Years ago I was planning on moving my car insurance over to Amica. I had been in an accident and Amica advised me that if I did switch over then it might cause some issues with the open claim. I had not even considered that. That was good advice for me at the time.

mlebuf

Post by mlebuf » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:02 pm

Here's another recent thread on Amica: http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=97554
Best wishes, | Michael | | Invest your time actively and your money passively.

dandan14

Post by dandan14 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:11 pm

I've heard such great things about Amica over the years. I called a few months ago and got a quote. I couldn't believe how expensive they were! Comparing apples to apples, they were over 50% more than my Geico policy (2 adult drivers + umbrella).

I'm glad they give awesome service, but for me it wasn't worth it.

zaplunken

Post by zaplunken » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:59 pm

tludwig23 wrote:
aubpri wrote:
From Amica's website:

"Amica is a mutual company. That means that our policyholders – people like you – are the ones who really own the company."
That's correct they are a mutual company. They have 2 different types of policies in my state, maybe not true everywhere I don't know. One policy is a non dividend and the premiums are lower. The other policy is a dividend policy and the rates are a little higher but at the end of the year you get a dividend check typically 10 % and 15% (or 15% and 20%) based upon auto and homeowners premiums paid (I forget the % now) and the end cost is less than the non dividend policy.

They are an outstanding company, very customer focused.

Mrs.Feeley

Post by Mrs.Feeley » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:27 pm

apk wrote:I had Amica for almost a decade for homeowners and auto. The only claim I ever made was after hail damage. Everyone on my street was getting a new roof because of the hail damage.

Amica denied my claim. I guess my roof was the only one on the block not severely damaged.

This happened in the ninth year of my being a policy holder. I stayed with Amica for one more year and then went to another company.

Amica does have a great reputation. But the one time I needed its help, it said "No."
We had a similar experience. We had a hailstorm with the most incredible golfball-sized hail I've ever seen raining down for about 30 minutes. Everyone in our neighborhood got new roofs and many got new siding. Amica's independent adjuster claimed our roof was just fine. Except for the vents and other metalwork which was turned into Swiss cheese. I didn't press it because our roof was only a few months old and I thought oh gosh, I really don't want to go through that reroofing saga all over again. But I certainly had doubts. I knew of a few neighbors that had months-old roofs that had to be completely replaced after that storm.

We remained with Amica because when I shopped around the quotes from other insurers were so much higher for so much less coverage. But we've been with Amica for decades.

stlutz

Post by stlutz » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:47 pm

I had a very large claim with them last year. They were a piece of cake to deal with.

mike143

Post by mike143 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Just switch over about 4 months ago after my wife and I got married. They were a pleasure to do business with. We had a auto glass claim a few days after we started the policy and it was quick and simple. We have auto and umbrella. They would not insure my home here in Florida, near the coast. I pay them via auto pay with a Visa gift card that yields me 5% cash back. Visa gift cards purchased against Amex Blue Cash Preferred at grocery at 6% cash back minus card fee yields 5% cash back.
Nothing is free, someone pays...You can't spend your way to financial freedom.

NORDO

Post by NORDO » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:01 am

Haven't logged in here in a while, so slight thread resurrection...

I switched all my policies (Auto/Home/Umbrella) to Amica back in 2010. Here in Ohio their rates were as good as or better than everyone else and I knew their reputation for stability/service far exceeded just about every other insurer. Compared with State Farm, Allstate, Erie, American Family, probably some others as well.

Prior to that, I'd been with State Farm for nearly a decade. Didn't have any issues (or claims) with them but I was looking shopping around for the best company (and price, to an extent) knowing we'd be getting married in the near future - wedding was this past fall.

Anyway, two years later I'm still extremely happy with them. Had an auto accident last December and their claims center / follow-up was excellent. Website is simple but great for keeping track of all policies, agents (at least the one I've been dealing with) are incredibly helpful and good at explaining things, and the rates are still very good as well. On top of that, I've got dividend policies (they offer both dividend and non-dividend policies, in OH at least) and just received a check in the mail for 25% (I think) back on the value of last year's premiums. All in all, I'd recommend them over anyone else out there based on my experience!

FRANK2009

Post by FRANK2009 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:26 pm

I bought home insurance from Amica about 2 years ago based on their great reputation. I've never filed a claim. Their reps have been helpful, the few times I've had to call. Unfortunately, their quote for car insurance isn't even close to competitive with my current carrier.

Zagor

Post by Zagor » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:51 pm

I am in Texas and just last year switched my home insurance to Amica. They were actually the cheapest so I figured I would also switch my car (I had Progressive for both home and auto). Well, they quoted me twice as much as Geico and that was with 5% discount for bundling. They were even higher than Progressive which is what caused me to start shopping around. So now I have Amica for home and Geico for auto. Kicked progressive to the curb after they reaised my rates two years in a row with no claims what's so ever.

Valdeselad

Post by Valdeselad » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:47 pm

One note that current Amica policyholders may be interested in -- I had always been frustrated as a customer that I could not use their automatic payment system (APP) with a credit card; they always required having this tied directly to a bank account (I can't recall, but they may have allowed a credit card but would charge some sort of a fee).

In any event, that has changed and they now allow credit cards to be used via the APP with no restrictions. This is a welcome change for those who try to tie as many of their monthly expenses to a credit card as possible.

gouldnm

Post by gouldnm » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:13 am

Last fall I had a bad experience with Safeco after damage from a hurricane. I decided to shop around. I found an article from Consumer Reports that rated all the insurance companies. AMICA was one of the top for both Homeowner's and Auto. Not only that, but I'm now paying about $1,000 a year less for AMICA.

BTW, for those of you who are comparing prices, here's something else to consider. Years ago I had State Farm. When I filed a claim for some roof damage, they wanted to low-ball me for the claim. I had multiple repair companies out to give estimates, including one recommended by SF. The one recommended by SF gave me an estimate for $2,000, yet even after that, they still only refused to pay about $600. Because of that the repair company did a shoddy repair, and the house never did look the same.

froman118

Post by froman118 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:34 am

dandan14 wrote:I've heard such great things about Amica over the years. I called a few months ago and got a quote. I couldn't believe how expensive they were! Comparing apples to apples, they were over 50% more than my Geico policy (2 adult drivers + umbrella).

Ran into a similar situation. I shopped auto insurance earlier this year, was paying $1575 a year for 2 cars with State Farm (condo and life with them too with every possible discount). Amica quoted $2100 a year. Just switched to Wawanesa with better coverage for $1200 a year. Also switched our condo insurance with $100k more dwelling coverage for $100 less.

G-Force

Post by G-Force » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:39 pm

JDCPAEsq wrote:Amica doesn't pay dividends in all states. Florida is one where there are no dividends. Have been a policyholder for 45 years and always pleased except when they refused to cover my new house in Florida. Last I knew they weren't accepting new homeowner's policies in Florida.
John
It depends on which county you live in. They are not in my county which is my my homeonwers is the only insurance I don't have with them. It's worth checking if they insure homes in your county in Florida.

Aptenodytes

Post by Aptenodytes » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Switched to Amica a couple years ago to save money. Made a claim since then for some storm damage and they paid reasonable amount with little fuss .. I just emailed photos of the damage and they mailed a check.

NORDO

Post by NORDO » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:56 am

Valdeselad wrote:One note that current Amica policyholders may be interested in -- I had always been frustrated as a customer that I could not use their automatic payment system (APP) with a credit card; they always required having this tied directly to a bank account (I can't recall, but they may have allowed a credit card but would charge some sort of a fee).

In any event, that has changed and they now allow credit cards to be used via the APP with no restrictions. This is a welcome change for those who try to tie as many of their monthly expenses to a credit card as possible.
I've been paying with a CC since I joined Amica back in 2010.

Perhaps it's state-dependent, but I know it's been possible for me to pay via CC for over two years now.

linuxuser

Post by linuxuser » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:13 am

Yes, but is it set up to automatically charge your credit card?
That is what Valdeselad was referring to.

BornInCA

Amica's non-guaranteed options for level term (25 or 30 year

Post by BornInCA » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:56 am

Does anyone have any experience with the 30-year level term or 25-year level term life insurance with Amica? There is a fully guaranteed option and non-guaranteed option (Guaranteed for 1st 10 years only). Has anyone had any experience with the non-guaranteed option?

serbeer

Post by serbeer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:58 pm

NORDO wrote: I've been paying with a CC since I joined Amica back in 2010.

Perhaps it's state-dependent, but I know it's been possible for me to pay via CC for over two years now.
Thank you Nordo!!! I joined 4 years ago and at the time they would only allow ACH payments. I have not realized it has changed. I just switched all my policies to Fidelity Amex and stand get back nearly $50 over next year in CC rebates as a result. Took less than 10 minutes. Too bad I did not realize that last year...

And yes linuxuser, automatic payment plan now allows either bank accounts or CC payments.

linuxuser

Post by linuxuser » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:12 pm

serbeer wrote:Thank you Nordo!!!
You should be thanking Valdeselad; he/she was the person who posted about it first.
Nordo has not been with Amica long enough to know otherwise. And I am still not sure whether he/she is talking about automatic payments.
All Nordo wrote was that he/she has been paying with credit card since 2010.

serbeer

Post by serbeer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:32 pm

linuxuser wrote:
You should be thanking Valdeselad; he/she was the person who posted about it first.
Nordo has not been with Amica long enough to know otherwise. And I am still not sure whether he/she is talking about automatic payments.
Yes, me bad, thank you Valdeselad! I skimmed over Valdeselads' post without noticing the 2nd paragraph about the change. I actually read about the change in Nordo's post. So, I appreciate both of their posts as Nordo would not write about it if it were not for Valdeselad. That said, I appreciate you helping me to set the record straight linuxuser! I love this forum guys.

:)

letsgobobby

Post by letsgobobby » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:03 pm

I don't understand how they can/could be more expensive if they are a mutual company. I have Amica. I get a 20-25% dividend return off my premiums each summer - taking that into account, I am paying $1200 per year to insure 2 cars, $1000 to insure a $500k home with earthquake insurance, and $150 per million of umbrella. It seems very reasonable to me.

No claims experience, but the service otherwise has been excellent.

Sunny Sarkar

Post by Sunny Sarkar » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:43 pm

dandan14 wrote:I've heard such great things about Amica over the years. I called a few months ago and got a quote. I couldn't believe how expensive they were! Comparing apples to apples, they were over 50% more than my Geico policy (2 adult drivers + umbrella).
I changed my home, auto, and umbrella policies to Amica yesterday after my last insurer, AAA, surprised me with a middle of the term premium increase on my home policy. Amica's quotes were not only lower, I was also surprised by how much better their coverages were. Dwelling, for example, was 30% higher. I shopped around, and the only other comparable quote I got was from Safeco.

That said, I also evaluated my Life insurance policy (currently annual renewable term life policy from Tiaa-Cref) and considered changing it to a 20 year level term policy. Amica's quote was almost double that of Tiaa-Cref. It was so much high I asked them if they have added 10 years to my age or something. The Amica rep actually took the issue to their underwriting dept because the difference was so high - no feedback received though.

Question: Is Amica a good company for life insurance?

How underwriting and premiums differ so much for the same person/home with different insurers is still a mystery to me.
"Cost matters". "Stay the course". "Press on, regardless". ― John C. Bogle

serbeer

Post by serbeer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:23 pm

"annual renewable term life policy from Tiaa-Cref" should be cheaper, naturally, since the price is set anew every year I would guess. 20y term would be more expensive since insurance company commits to not raising the price for the next 20 years no matter how your circumstances may change, while you still have an option of stopping paying premiums and walking away at any time. So why it is such a surprise for you? I am missing something? I am not too familiar with life insurance, as we self-insure.

lwfitzge

Post by lwfitzge » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:18 pm

+1... with the great buzz about them I also priced them but found them significantly higher than Allstate...

mrpotatoheadsays

Post by mrpotatoheadsays » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:28 pm

This months Consumer Reports rates the insurance agencies. Amica was ranked #1; USAA #2. State Farm was middle of the pack and Allstate brought-up the rear. Reading the article, they seemed to stress consumer satisfaction with the claims process. My second-hand experience with claims has been you have to argue and waste time with State Farm to get a proper claim and with Allstate you just get screwed. The name Amica is new to me, so I plan on investigating it more; personally I would like to dump State Farm; I'm still pissed when some disco-dressed claims agent tried to low-ball me by claiming they could glue my bumper back together... idiot.

Sunny Sarkar

Post by Sunny Sarkar » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:52 pm

serbeer wrote:"annual renewable term life policy from Tiaa-Cref" should be cheaper, naturally, since the price is set anew every year I would guess. 20y term would be more expensive ...
I'm thinking about replacing my tiaa-cref annual renewable term policy with a 20yr level term policy with either tiaa-cref or another company.
"Cost matters". "Stay the course". "Press on, regardless". ― John C. Bogle

BornInCA

Re: Amica life insurance

Post by BornInCA » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:51 am

Sunny Sarkar wrote:

Question: Is Amica a good company for life insurance?

How underwriting and premiums differ so much for the same person/home with different insurers is still a mystery to me.
Amica insurance for home and auto is highly recommended by Mr. LeBeouf. I have their auto, home, and umbrella. I took the dividend option instead of the non-dividend option even though it is more expensive in the 1st year initially. At the end of the year, they give the policyholders a dividend. The net cost premium would be lower than the non-dividend option. I requested them to apply it to my future premium payments instead of sending me the check. I only switched back in October 2011 so I haven't been with them long enough to say how good/bad :( it is but the latest issue of Consumer Reports (Aug or Sep 2012) rated Amica and USAA #1-#2 for homeowner's insurance. 8-)

For life insurance, I'm asking the same question. They have 25-year and 30-year level term policies in addition to the standard 10, 15, and 20. Each of those has 2 options: Fully guaranteed and 10-year guaranteed. Fully guaranteed has level premiums guaranteed for the entire initial term (25 or 30 years depending on which you choose).

The 10-year guaranteed has a level premium for the entire initial term BUT the premiums are guaranteed ONLY for the first 10 years. If Amica never raises the premiums, the premiums will remain the same for the entire initial term. According to the people in Amica, Amica has NEVER raised life insurance premiums in their history as a business since 1968. If they raise premiums on my 30-yr level term 10-yr guaranteed policy, they have to raise it on everyone's in my class. So I'm wondering if there is anyone who has purchased level term policies of 25 years or 30 years with the 10-year guaranteed option. :?:

By the way, Amica is a "mutual insurance" company. GEICO is NOT a "mutual" company but State Farm suprisingly is (at least the "main" portion of it) :shock:

NORDO

Post by NORDO » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Sorry, haven't had time to log on in about a week...
linuxuser wrote:Yes, but is it set up to automatically charge your credit card?
That is what Valdeselad was referring to.
Yes, auto-pay. Since I first switched to Amica in 2010.
linuxuser wrote:
Indeed... send your thanks to Valdeselad!

jj

Post by jj » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:52 pm

lwfitzge wrote: with the great buzz about them I also priced them but found them significantly higher than Allstate...
My experience was the exact opposite. We had been with Allstate since 1998 and had shopped around once or twice in the following ten years, not finding the savings worth the bother of changing insurance carrier. Then in 2010 our home insurance renewal was at a 32% increase which prompted another round of cost comparisons. We were recommended by a neighbor to try Amica, got a quote, moved to them and our annual insurance bill dropped from $14,000 to $8,500 (2 houses, 4 cars, 3 young drivers, umbrella). Since then there was a small increase last year, but we also benefited from the dividend.

On the claims side I was unfortunate enough last year to have my car run into in a parking lot by a lady with Allstate insurance. My car was parked, I was walking across to it at the time and witnessed the incident, she admitted liability. Allstate were obstructive and uncooperative, my six month old car was damaged and all they wanted to do was cut me a (small) check with no concern as to whether the repair was carried out well. The claim was finally settled on December 23rd, over 4 months after the incident. I spent hours of my time being messed about by Allstate employees, it has left me with a very negative opinion of them.

I have yet to make a claim with Amica, but I take heart from the Consumer Reports survey which puts Amica in joint first place, along with USAA, and Allstate in last place. This jibes well with my personal, albeit limited, experience.
...it is madness to risk losing what you need in pursuing what you simply desire. Warren E. Buffett

Jerilynn

Post by Jerilynn » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:56 pm

jj wrote: On the claims side I was unfortunate enough last year to have my car run into in a parking lot by a lady with Allstate insurance. My car was parked, I was walking across to it at the time and witnessed the incident, she admitted liability. Allstate were obstructive and uncooperative, my six month old car was damaged and all they wanted to do was cut me a (small) check with no concern as to whether the repair was carried out well. The claim was finally settled on December 23rd, over 4 months after the incident. I spent hours of my time being messed about by Allstate employees, it has left me with a very negative opinion of them.
I had a similar type of accident, I just reported it to my insurance company and they took over. I never had to deal with the other person's ins company.
Cordially, Jeri . . . 100% all natural asset allocation. (no supernatural methods used)

Winthorpe

Post by Winthorpe » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:24 pm

I haven't had much time to be on Bogleheads lately, but I have read through all the replies.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all those who have shared their experiences with Amica.

You've all been very helpful as I go forward making insurance decisions!