Mango prepaid card - 4.8% (effective) APY

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
slbnoob

Re: Mango prepaid card - 4.8% (effective) APY

Post by slbnoob » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:11 pm

le_sacre wrote:
slbnoob wrote:Same here. 2% for August.
I just called them. I was rapidly told it was a known issue and they are working on it, but that since I called they would escalate it and I should expect it to be corrected and receive a call back about it within 48 hours. BTW, once I entered my info and got through the menu I had zero wait time to speak to a person.

So it's worth checking your August statement and calling, to hold their feet to the fire. But to save time you might wait until mid-September in case they do resolve the issue before then for all the account-holders.
A sincere thanks from me and others who were too lazy to call them up :)

Matt48Ritchie

Post by Matt48Ritchie » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:51 pm

slbnoob wrote:
le_sacre wrote:
slbnoob wrote:Same here. 2% for August.
I just called them. I was rapidly told it was a known issue and they are working on it, but that since I called they would escalate it and I should expect it to be corrected and receive a call back about it within 48 hours. BTW, once I entered my info and got through the menu I had zero wait time to speak to a person.

So it's worth checking your August statement and calling, to hold their feet to the fire. But to save time you might wait until mid-September in case they do resolve the issue before then for all the account-holders.
A sincere thanks from me and others who were too lazy to call them up :)
Here here! Hadn't gotten around to it yet. And locked myself out of my account when trying to log in...

millionear

Post by millionear » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:56 pm

I have a single account and I'm going to slowly withdraw and close my account because I'm not going to stick around to see what's next and/or when. Wait long enough and there's a chance Mango will change the terms to make the deposit higher or worse, even harder to withdraw the funds out.

patrick

Post by patrick » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:09 pm

achen9291 wrote:What are the new terms?
They will require $800 net ACH deposits per month starting this month to get the full interest. If you deposit and then withdraw by ACH the net is zero so you do not qualify.

patrick

Post by patrick » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:22 pm

patrick wrote:Although Mango hasn't caused me any problems before, it seems they only paid me 2% interest for this month (August) even though the changes supposedly don't go into effect until September. Unlike many of the those who had previously reported problems, I had not been evading the monthly fee.
I complained about this on the phone yesterday and the missing money is in my account today.

slbnoob

Post by slbnoob » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:04 am

Missing money in my account today. Thanks to those who called!

batpot

Post by batpot » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:50 pm

I ran into transfer limits w/ my credit union/pop money, and had $1600 & change left in the mango account. Mango said it would take 4-6 WEEKS to get a check.
I called the credit union and got them to temporarily up the limit, and transferred all but $3, thinking Mango might finally collect their fee for Sep. They didn't.
Called Mango back to close the account, and they said they couldn't mail a check for a balance less than $10. :? So I guess they're finally getting their fee defacto.

In all I made almost $100 off of them over 4 months, less only 2 paid fees (one "defacto").
Company is a joke, and I'm glad not to be dealing with them any more.
At least I never got shorted interest payments like some.