Free Basic TurboTax through SFB again

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Ken Reckers

Free Basic TurboTax through SFB again

Post by Ken Reckers » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:07 pm

I just downloaded my annual free TurboTax basic. We're not Flagship, so I had to go through State Farm Bank.

Like the Flagship stories, you have to do detective work. The ads don't seem to be up yet. Log in to your SFB online account.

Look around for the TurboTax logo. It will look like you only can do the online version. Select "Get Started" anyway. This takes you to an Intuit web page.

Again it looks like online options only. Select "Buy Download." Now you see the "pricing," including an option of free for basic, which is all I get. Deluxe is 20. Didn't pay attention to the state options or Premier, etc.

This was the navigation route I took the second time. I forgot what I did the first time, but at some step it involved selecting "Compare Products," then selecting a "Download/CD version" tab.

As usual, you have to navigate to the Intuit page via SFB, to get the deal. It's basically a treasure hunt to try to find the links.