Integra Driver Heads Anyone?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
pkcrafter

Integra Driver Heads Anyone?

Post by pkcrafter » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:23 am

I'm interested in buying an Integra driver head and I 'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the newest ones? I-Drive, Quad, SuperSoooLong?

Any thoughts on performance or quality?

How about Acer irons?

Thanks,

Paul
When times are good, investors tend to forget about risk and focus on opportunity. When times are bad, investors tend to forget about opportunity and focus on risk.

gunn_show

Post by gunn_show » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:12 pm

I have Acer irons, have served me well. The "pro" that pieced my set together said they are knock offs of a major brand and almost as good. For the price they were worth it to me (cheap). I am not altogether very good at golf, so I cannot provide much more feedback than that. Have never played with any other irons before.
"The best life hack of all is to just put the work in and never give up." Bas Rutten

pkcrafter

golf components

Post by pkcrafter » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:51 am

Thanks, Tommy.

I've done some internet research on the Integra Quadratic and I think I'll give it a try—if I can get used to that big square head.

I'll also spec out some Acer iron heads and maybe assemble a few for testing.

Paul
When times are good, investors tend to forget about risk and focus on opportunity. When times are bad, investors tend to forget about opportunity and focus on risk.

biasion

Post by biasion » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:38 pm

[removed]
1. Do not confuse strategy with outcome | 2. Those who fail to plan plan to fail | 3. Do not assume the unlikely is impossible, and | 4. Be ready to deal with the consequences if you do.

pkcrafter

Integra

Post by pkcrafter » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:23 pm

bettega,

yeah, I'm also familiar with the Acura integra, but I didn't realize the confusion it would cause until I started Googling Integra.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I did buy the Integra Quadratic head, 10.5. This thing is going to take some getting used to. Compared to by old 320cc head, this big square head looks like a mail box stuck on a stick. The stick is a Graman G Series 440. Just put the shaft in today. Tomorrow I'll cut to length and pop on the grip. I'll report back on performance.

Paul

pkcrafter

Integra

Post by pkcrafter » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:24 pm

bettega,

yeah, I'm also familiar with the Acura integra, but I didn't realize the confusion it would cause until I started Googling Integra.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I did buy the Integra Quadratic head, 10.5. This thing is going to take some getting used to. Compared to by old 320cc head, this big square head looks like a mail box stuck on a stick. The stick is a Graman G Series 440. Just put the shaft in today. Tomorrow I'll cut to length and pop on the grip. I'll report back on performance.

Paul

Petrocelli

pk

Post by Petrocelli » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:14 am

My thoughts:

1. I like the square head drivers. My pro told me that they straighten out a lot of bad shots. I have hit them a couple times, and they do hit very straight.

2. The biggest drawback of the square head rivers I have hit is the darn noise. They sound like an aluminum baseballl bat. I can always tell when someone at the range is hitting a square head driver.

3. Be careful of knock off clubs. I had an R7 driver. My dad bough a clone. I hit his club and the two were nothing alike. He stopped using the club after a month and bought a Cleveland.

4. If you want to save money, I'd wait until some FT-is and Sasquatches become available on ebay. You should be able to get some at a good price in a year.
Petrocelli (not the real Rico, but just a fan)