Is Del Mar, CA worth the cost?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
JustGotScammed

Is Del Mar, CA worth the cost?

Post by JustGotScammed »

I'm seeing small rental places (under 1,000 square feet) for around $5,000 per month near the beach. It appears people are paying these prices. If it can be afforded, is it worth it? I am unsure of what causes the extreme premium pricing currently in effect for the area, and whether it is justified.
stan1

Re: Is Del Mar, CA worth the cost?

Post by stan1 »

Have you been there before? It sounds like you are not familiar with rents in VHCOL areas. Answer is yes, people do pay those prices.

Del Mar is a very nice place to live: good weather, close to beach, close to high wage employers in tech, biotech, medicine, and academia. Lots of shopping and dining nearby. Good schools. This is true if you are in the City of Del Mar or in adjacent areas within the City of San Diego. Of course there are places within 10 miles inland or south that would cost half as much for a 2 bedroom apartment.

I would live elsewhere if you won't enjoy and take advantage of the lifestyle.
safari

Post by safari »

The prices are controlled by supply and demand. If someone is paying those prices, it must be justified to them. Whether it will be worth it to you, it's up to you to decide.
PeninsulaPerson

Post by PeninsulaPerson »

JustGotScammed wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:04 pm
I am unsure of what causes the extreme premium pricing currently in effect for the area, and whether it is justified.

You answered your own question!
JustGotScammed wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:04 pm
... near the beach.
THY4373

Post by THY4373 »

I mean the market appears to be saying it is worth it. The question isn't whether it is generally worth it, the question is whether it is worth it to you. I love San Diego but I wouldn't move there because the trade-offs aren't worth it to me but I am not you (or any of the folks that live there). YMMV.
TheRoundHeadedKid

Post by TheRoundHeadedKid »

As Holy Schimdt, the retirement expert, said on YouTube there is as difference between worth and value. Is a rental there worth it? Probably. Is it of value to me? Absolutely not. I can easily visit there on public transportation and a bicycle. Don't need a car. Solona Beach, the next town over, is also very nice but has an Amtrak and Coaster station there and even easier to get to.
All 86 Vanguard ETFs equally invested.
Chv396

Post by Chv396 »

Yes, prices are driven by high demand and scarce supply. We live in Santa Clara County (heart of Silicon Valley, Bay Area) and despite the elevated mortgage interest rates, job layoffs and inflation, the local housing market is insane. We started looking for a house to downsize to, in early March and currently in escrow on a property after 8 weeks of searching.

Most properties, in desirable neighborhoods are selling for 5-20% over asking prices with multiple bids over asking. Saw an average house (3 bd, 2 bath, 1150 sq ft) in an average neighborhood sell for 41% over asking. I assume the listing agent deliberately listed this house under market value to attract aggressive bids.
Last edited by Chv396 on Sat May 18, 2024 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Stay the Course” - My Portfolio (BND, VOO, VT, VXUS) Spouse’s Portfolio (VEA, VGSH, VOO)
HueyLD

Post by HueyLD »

JustGotScammed wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:04 pm I'm seeing small rental places (under 1,000 square feet) for around $5,000 per month near the beach. It appears people are paying these prices. If it can be afforded, is it worth it? I am unsure of what causes the extreme premium pricing currently in effect for the area, and whether it is justified.
The current high premium you see may have something to do with hot weather experienced by residents of neighboring states such as Arizona and Nevada. During the hot summer months, lots of people from AZ and NV like to go to SoCal beaches to cool off and they don’t mind paying the high price to be close to the ocean.

If you only plan to visit, you can stay a few miles away from the ocean for much lower prices. Obviously, summer is expensive in SoCal, including the inland area.
DelMar

Post by DelMar »

I live in Del Mar and, yes, it offers a very high quality of life. The actual City Of Del Mar is a very small footprint and I'm not shocked to hear about the high cost of small rentals. Consider the areas just outside that small footprint which also offer the same great features. Specifically, check out Carmel Valley which is East of I-5 between Carmel Valley Road to the South and Via De La Valle to the North. As mentioned previously also look at Solana Beach & Cardiff.

You really can't go wrong with anything North of State Route 56 all the way up to La Costa/Carlsbad. Also, if you want to expand your options I'd also seriously consider another great area that offers everything BUT being minutes from the coast and that would be Santaluz, Rancho Bernardo, 4S Ranch, Carmel Mountain Ranch.

Sure, you can find fault with some of the State's issues but everything in life involves trade-offs. My wife & I are fortunate to be able to live anywhere in the world but we honestly can't think of anywhere better to go as a home base than North County Coastal San Diego.

Hope this helps.
sailaway

Post by sailaway »

DelMar wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:16 pm I live in
Sure, you can find fault with some of the State's issues but everything in life involves trade-offs. My wife & I are fortunate to be able to live anywhere in the world but we honestly can't think of anywhere better to go as a home base than North County Coastal San Diego.

Hope this helps.

We thought the same thing when we lived in Sorrento Valley, but the 805 (area code that basically stretches from just outside the LA suburbs to Santa Barbara) has been even better for us.
Last edited by sailaway on Sat May 18, 2024 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wannaretireearly

Post by Wannaretireearly »

I think that’s a good price.
We’re paying close to double for 3 weeks near UCLA air bnb (2 bed 2 bath). Apples and oranges but to give you an idea…
“At some point you are trading time you will never get back for money you will never spend.“ | “How do you want to spend the best remaining year of your life?“
bombcar

Post by bombcar »

California is already expensive and near the beach even more so. And those places would go for much more during the good months on AirBNB. Is it worth it? To some people, obviously.
valleyrock

Post by valleyrock »

Nowhere to pitch a tent near the beach there?

We came out of the sea, evolutionarily speaking. So it's natural to want to be near it.
fmhealth

Post by fmhealth »

Keep in mind that the world class Del Mar racetrack opens in a few weeks. My DW & I used to spend10-14 days at the Hilton across from the track. If I remember correctly we paid $500/night. To us it was definitely worth it.

Be Well,
fmhealth
rayne

Post by rayne »

I live nearby the area. Having lived and traveled to many places in the USA, Del Mar area is by far my favorite.
SpaghettiLegs

Post by SpaghettiLegs »

Del Mar is my favorite of the San Diego County coastal towns. The PCH of course pass through all of these and although not freeway/highway through the county it still is a little noisy and a lot congested. Del Mar is a little more isolated from this and quieter. The park in Del Mar might be one of the nicest places on the planet to sit and look at the ocean. My other favorite place there is Moonstone Beach in Encinitas.
HueyLD

Post by HueyLD »

SpaghettiLegs wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:20 am Del Mar is my favorite of the San Diego County coastal towns. The PCH of course pass through all of these and although not freeway/highway through the county it still is a little noisy and a lot congested. Del Mar is a little more isolated from this and quieter. The park in Del Mar might be one of the nicest places on the planet to sit and look at the ocean. My other favorite place there is Moonstone Beach in Encinitas.
You meant “Moonlight State Beach,” right?
muffins14

Post by muffins14 »

JustGotScammed wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:04 pm I'm seeing small rental places (under 1,000 square feet) for around $5,000 per month near the beach. It appears people are paying these prices. If it can be afforded, is it worth it? I am unsure of what causes the extreme premium pricing currently in effect for the area, and whether it is justified.
You have to answer that for yourself. It’s like asking someone is going out to eat is “worth it” when you could just make a turkey sandwich at home.
Crom laughs at your Four Winds
lifebeckonss

Post by lifebeckonss »

sailaway wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:21 pm We thought the same thing when we lived in Sorrento Valley, but the 805 (area code that basically stretches from just outside the LA suburbs to Santa Barbara) has been even better for us.
We love 805! We currently live in the Bay Area but bought a second home in 805 which will become our forever retirement home in a few years when we retire.

Just a minor correction though. 805 area extends north to San Luis Obispo/Paso Robles, which is about a hundred miles north of Santa Barbara. In fact 805 is also a popular beer manufactured by Firestone Walker Brewing Company located in Paso Robles :)
sailaway

Post by sailaway »

lifebeckonss wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:44 pm
sailaway wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:21 pm We thought the same thing when we lived in Sorrento Valley, but the 805 (area code that basically stretches from just outside the LA suburbs to Santa Barbara) has been even better for us.
We love 805! We currently live in the Bay Area but bought a second home in 805 which will become our forever retirement home in a few years when we retire.

Just a minor correction though. 805 area extends north to San Luis Obispo/Paso Robles, which is about a hundred miles north of Santa Barbara. In fact 805 is also a popular beer manufactured by Firestone Walker Brewing Company located in Paso Robles :)
Ok, but as we live on our boat, we won't be going that far north. Whole different weather systems outside of Morro Bay and not many liveaboard opportunities.

And I did not notice that our entire road trip was within the 805 last Fall. Crazy, after living in big cities for so long!!

So the 805 is Gold Coast to SLOcal? That ought to clear things up for the out of towners :)
Last edited by sailaway on Sun May 19, 2024 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpaghettiLegs

Post by SpaghettiLegs »

HueyLD wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:18 am
SpaghettiLegs wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:20 am Del Mar is my favorite of the San Diego County coastal towns. The PCH of course pass through all of these and although not freeway/highway through the county it still is a little noisy and a lot congested. Del Mar is a little more isolated from this and quieter. The park in Del Mar might be one of the nicest places on the planet to sit and look at the ocean. My other favorite place there is Moonstone Beach in Encinitas.
You meant “Moonlight State Beach,” right?
Yes thanks! I aways mis-remember the name. Moonstone Beach is in Cambria, also nice.

Post by 123 »

DelMar wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:16 pm I live in Del Mar...
Great username!
The closest helping hand is at the end of your own arm.
DelMar

Post by DelMar »

Thanks! I'm surprised it was available :happy
Weathering

Post by Weathering »

Sales price on one of those condos would be $1.3M to 2.2M, so the rent you quoted is actually very affordable compared to a mortgage payment (plus HOA fee) when buying one with 20% down.
WhiteMaxima

Post by WhiteMaxima »

Not worth it. Go to Spain's Costa de Sol. Similar weather and more interesting culture. Rent for a sea view apt for $2000. Save the $3000 for airfare and food and other expense.
mbouck

Post by mbouck »

I live in North County, San Diego. Us locals here refer to this phenomena as "The Sunshine Tax". Apart from the living expenses there are far worse places to be in the country...
bikesandbeers

Post by bikesandbeers »

Weekly rentals in the area can be over $5000 a week. Worth it if you want to walk to the beach, or you have a horse at the racetrack. You can sometimes fine 9 month non-summer leases for more like $3500 a month. Basic supply and demand. They certainly aren’t making more costal real estate

Now what I don’t understand is why unremarkable suburban homes inland in Poway and Rancho Bernardo are going for $1.5-2m, but I guess it’s the same supply and demand
Carefreeap

Post by Carefreeap »

bikesandbeers wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:23 pm Weekly rentals in the area can be over $5000 a week. Worth it if you want to walk to the beach, or you have a horse at the racetrack. You can sometimes fine 9 month non-summer leases for more like $3500 a month. Basic supply and demand. They certainly aren’t making more costal real estate

Now what I don’t understand is why unremarkable suburban homes inland in Poway and Rancho Bernardo are going for $1.5-2m, but I guess it’s the same supply and demand
Top rated school district.
Every day I can hike is a good day.
Topic Author
JustGotScammed

Post by JustGotScammed »

Put another way, is there somewhere in the USA to get "substantial Del Mar equivalent" overall product for half the cost?
steve roy

Post by steve roy »

Chv396 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:53 pm Yes, prices are driven by high demand and scarce supply. We live in Santa Clara County (heart of Silicon Valley, Bay Area) and despite the elevated mortgage interest rates, job layoffs and inflation, the local housing market is insane. We started looking for a house to downsize to, in early March and currently in escrow on a property after 8 weeks of searching.

Most properties, in desirable neighborhoods are selling for 5-20% over asking prices with multiple bids over asking. Saw an average house (3 bd, 2 bath, 1150 sq ft) in an average neighborhood sell for 41% over asking. I assume the listing agent deliberately listed this house under market value to attract aggressive bids.
Sold mother’s small tear-down quality house in Newport Beach for an insane amount. She lived three miles from beach and Balboa island. Why to he insane amount? So Cal coastal property.

You want less expensive, rent or buy in Barstow, CA.
bikesandbeers

Post by bikesandbeers »

JustGotScammed wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:46 pm Put another way, is there somewhere in the USA to get "substantial Del Mar equivalent" overall product for half the cost?

It depends on the exact equivalency you are looking for.

Del Mar is a few miles from tons of good paying jobs, a world class university, great medical care, and all the big city arts/entertainment amenities you could want. Probably a hard combo to find.

Oxnard or Ventura is cheaper than LA/OC or Santa Barbara. Pismo Beach or Moro Bay are cute beach towns but don’t have the urban amenities of southern CA.
toomanysidehustles

Post by toomanysidehustles »

WhiteMaxima wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:22 pm Not worth it. Go to Spain's Costa de Sol. Similar weather and more interesting culture. Rent for a sea view apt for $2000. Save the $3000 for airfare and food and other expense.
I'll second Spain, we really like Mallorca. We got a spot for a month - 3 bedroom 2500 sq.ft house with multiple outdoor living areas, a pool, 5 minute walk to the beach (down a dirt road no less....$6000.00 usd for the entire month of July. Probably 30K/month in Del Mar.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

JustGotScammed wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:46 pm Put another way, is there somewhere in the USA to get "substantial Del Mar equivalent" overall product for half the cost?
Oceanside is about half the cost, but you can decide what "substantial equivalent" means to you.
momopi

Post by momopi »

You can rent 1 bed condos in Oxnard CA for $2500 by the beach/marina.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxnard,_California
https://visitoxnard.com/

Santa Barbara beach front will cost as much as Del Mar, but a little inland and you can find condos for $2500.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Barbara,_California
https://santabarbaraca.com/

If you’re retired and can move anywhere, consider Europe or Thailand. You can rent condo by the beach in Thailand for as little as $500/mo. Portugal D7 Visa has comparably low financial requirements.
tj

Post by tj »

momopi wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:04 am
You can rent 1 bed condos in Oxnard CA for $2500 by the beach/marina.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxnard,_California
https://visitoxnard.com/

Santa Barbara beach front will cost as much as Del Mar, but a little inland and you can find condos for $2500.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Barbara,_California
https://santabarbaraca.com/

If you’re retired and can move anywhere, consider Europe or Thailand. You can rent condo by the beach in Thailand for as little as $500/mo. Portugal D7 Visa has comparably low financial requirements.
Didn't they stop doing the D7?
protagonist

Post by protagonist »

When I looked at real estate in the SD area many years ago, I really liked Encinitas...more than Del Mar. It seemed funkier, more artsy, more to do, and more interesting.
That said, at today's real estate prices, it's hard to say if you would find any bargains, or if the character of the town has been lost:

"Median home prices in Del Mar in May 2023 were $3,510,358 compared to $3,602,823 in May 2022. In Encinitas, the May price was $1,692,370 compared to $1,766,207 in 2022 ".

Wow. Well, still only a bit over half the price of Del Mar.
bikesandbeers

Post by bikesandbeers »

OP didn’t say if they were looking at vacation rentals, a place to retire to, somewhere to live and work remotely for a while.

If you are looking at Del Mar vs Encinitas and Carlsbad, Del Mar is entire west of the 5, a within 2 miles of the ocean. Other city’s have some cheaper inland areas bring down the average.

If you just like looking at interesting real estate prices, look at Coronado
tj

Post by tj »

bikesandbeers wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:13 am OP didn’t say if they were looking at vacation rentals, a place to retire to, somewhere to live and work remotely for a while.

If you are looking at Del Mar vs Encinitas and Carlsbad, Del Mar is entire west of the 5, a within 2 miles of the ocean. Other city’s have some cheaper inland areas bring down the average.

What makes the Coronado prices interesting?
meowcat

Post by meowcat »

This is my opinion, of course but if money were no object, Del Mar would be where I choose to live. Unfortunately, money is an object. :mrgreen:
What the bold print givith, the fine print taketh away. | -meowcat
Chv396

Post by Chv396 »

Good for you! :sharebeer
steve roy wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:04 pm
Chv396 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:53 pm Yes, prices are driven by high demand and scarce supply. We live in Santa Clara County (heart of Silicon Valley, Bay Area) and despite the elevated mortgage interest rates, job layoffs and inflation, the local housing market is insane. We started looking for a house to downsize to, in early March and currently in escrow on a property after 8 weeks of searching.

Sold mother’s small tear-down quality house in Newport Beach for an insane amount. She lived three miles from beach and Balboa island. Why the insane amount? So Cal coastal property.

You want less expensive, rent or buy in Barstow, CA.
“Stay the Course” - My Portfolio (BND, VOO, VT, VXUS) Spouse’s Portfolio (VEA, VGSH, VOO)
MorgansRun

Post by MorgansRun »

Hidden gem = Leucadia. I lived there about 20 years ago and loved it.
momopi

Post by momopi »

tj wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:37 am Didn't they stop doing the D7?
Apologies - it seems that I'm not up to date on recent changes to the D7 Visa program.
mariezzz

Post by mariezzz »

Which "Del Mar equivalent" factors are important to you? I've found better places to live outside of CA.

I lived just south of Del Mar, on the north end of La Jolla for a number of years. Had an ocean view. Less than 10 minute walk to the beach. After I finished graduate school, I left CA. I had no desire to stay. Good weather and beaches do not make for good quality of life, in the face of all the other negatives. I-5 traffic was insane (worse during the summer and especially when Del Mar race track was open). During the summer, you're effectively on an island - to the east is the desert; to the west, the ocean, to the south the border, and to the north, nightmare traffic. Absolutely crazy housing prices (and this was more than a decade ago) and completely poor construction quality even for million+ houses. Termite concerns. The southern CA coastal areas are an irrigated desert. For me, there was no compelling reason to stay.

If you're right on the coast, summers don't get too hot, but go less than 1 mile inland and it's already 10 degrees warmer in the summer than it is right on the coast. Serious fire risks begin less than 1 mile inland (and increase as you go further inland). Fire risks make home insurance expensive, and lots of insurance companies are pulling out of the CA market altogether. Most people cannot afford a house right near the coast, so they live further inland, and deal with the fire risk (and costs) - the fire risk alone was a no-go for me. If you're not right near the beach, you fight traffic to get to the beach, and then you have to find parking, so many who live inland don't go to the beach all that often. Areas quite close the coast have burned in past wild fires - areas in Rancho Bernardo did for sure. The fires move up through the canyons. It's only in the last 20 years that area building codes have started taking the risk from fires more seriously.

If you're a surfer, Black's Beach is supposed to be a great place to surf. I wasn't a surfer.
Topic Author
JustGotScammed

Post by JustGotScammed »

tj wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:55 am
bikesandbeers wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:13 am OP didn’t say if they were looking at vacation rentals, a place to retire to, somewhere to live and work remotely for a while.

What makes the Coronado prices interesting?
The properties are small and the prices are high.
bikesandbeers

Post by bikesandbeers »

Yes, Coronado is interesting to see tiny bungalows in poor shape going for millions-lots of guys who retired from the Navy in like 1970 bought when it was more affordable. now they all get sold and turned into 3 story homes that absolutely max out the allow square footage. It's probably not that different than parts of Newport Beach or Santa Monica. Unlike "Del Mar Adjacent" properties. You are either on the Island, in the cays, or on base. Otherwise you aren't really in Coronado

Traffic can be bad anywhere near the beach, but in Coronado it is flat and easier to bike, plus a high number of full time residents just use golf carts. It seems like everyone in Encinitas over the age of 12 has an eBike these days. Note that Luecadia is part of the City of Encinitas. and La Jolla is city of San Diego. The whole point is living close to the beach is that you don't have to drive much.
steve roy

Post by steve roy »

mariezzz wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:40 pm
Which "Del Mar equivalent" factors are important to you? I've found better places to live outside of CA.

I lived just south of Del Mar, on the north end of La Jolla for a number of years. Had an ocean view. Less than 10 minute walk to the beach. After I finished graduate school, I left CA. I had no desire to stay. Good weather and beaches do not make for good quality of life, in the face of all the other negatives. I-5 traffic was insane (worse during the summer and especially when Del Mar race track was open). During the summer, you're effectively on an island - to the east is the desert; to the west, the ocean, to the south the border, and to the north, nightmare traffic. Absolutely crazy housing prices (and this was more than a decade ago) and completely poor construction quality even for million+ houses. Termite concerns. The southern CA coastal areas are an irrigated desert. For me, there was no compelling reason to stay.

If you're right on the coast, summers don't get too hot, but go less than 1 mile inland and it's already 10 degrees warmer in the summer than it is right on the coast. Serious fire risks begin less than 1 mile inland (and increase as you go further inland). Fire risks make home insurance expensive, and lots of insurance companies are pulling out of the CA market altogether. Most people cannot afford a house right near the coast, so they live further inland, and deal with the fire risk (and costs) - the fire risk alone was a no-go for me. If you're not right near the beach, you fight traffic to get to the beach, and then you have to find parking, so many who live inland don't go to the beach all that often. Areas quite close the coast have burned in past wild fires - areas in Rancho Bernardo did for sure. The fires move up through the canyons. It's only in the last 20 years that area building codes have started taking the risk from fires more seriously.

If you're a surfer, Black's Beach is supposed to be a great place to surf. I wasn't a surfer.
I spent two years living in National City south of San Diego, smack dab on the coast ... in a Navy barracks.

One summer the coast was a wall of fog every day until two or three in the afternoon. I'm a native Californian, and what non-natives don't get is that the "sunny beaches" aren't sunny 4-5 months a year (depending on the year). That particular summer, the coast was socked in most of the day. If you walked or drove three or four blocks inland, it was blue skies and sunshine. But four blocks inland you were looking at buildings and asphalt. You could have been in Manhattan, Kansas in early Fall. Not what anybody pays the high rents for.
mariezzz

Post by mariezzz »

steve roy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:52 pm I spent two years living in National City south of San Diego, smack dab on the coast ... in a Navy barracks.

One summer the coast was a wall of fog every day until two or three in the afternoon. I'm a native Californian, and what non-natives don't get is that the "sunny beaches" aren't sunny 4-5 months a year (depending on the year). That particular summer, the coast was socked in most of the day. If you walked or drove three or four blocks inland, it was blue skies and sunshine. But four blocks inland you were looking at buildings and asphalt. You could have been in Manhattan, Kansas in early Fall. Not what anybody pays the high rents for.
When I was in San Diego, I loved the fog, mainly because it was about the only difference in weather you experienced!! But I understand your point. The sunshine became boring to me. Anything over 80 is too hot for me - summer temps in San Diego could get warmer, especially if you weren't right on the coast.
newbh933

Post by newbh933 »

mariezzz wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:48 pm
steve roy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:52 pm I spent two years living in National City south of San Diego, smack dab on the coast ... in a Navy barracks.

When I was in San Diego, I loved the fog, mainly because it was about the only difference in weather you experienced!! But I understand your point. The sunshine became boring to me. Anything over 80 is too hot for me - summer temps in San Diego could get warmer, especially if you weren't right on the coast.
Lived in Hermosa Beach for a few years. It was the same way in the summer. The only time we got decent sunsets was roughly December to January.
Nobody knows nothing... and I know even less!
CA Bound

Post by CA Bound »

Worth depends on what you value in life. Del Mar is VERY nice. We moved to the North County of San Diego last year and we are loving it. We could not afford Del Mar, but we are still happy. Despite higher COL and higher taxes.
tj

Post by tj »

CA Bound wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:28 pm Worth depends on what you value in life. Del Mar is VERY nice. We moved to the North County of San Diego last year and we are loving it. We could not afford Del Mar, but we are still happy. Despite higher COL and higher taxes.
Did you move to Oceanside?