Estimated Tax payments showing up on IRS.gov?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
imperfikt

Estimated Tax payments showing up on IRS.gov?

Post by imperfikt »

Is the Payment Activity or Transcript section of the personal account information on irs.gov supposed to show estimated tax payments for 2022? I made an estimated tax payment 3 weeks ago via credit card for 2022 taxes which is not reflected.
jebmke

Re: Estimated Tax payments showing up on IRS.gov?

Post by jebmke »

There have been multiple threads/posts on this. It typically takes a while (don't ask me how long, I don't know) for these to show up.

I've never even looked for mine. I have the proof of debit and I have never, in many years of filing, had my returns not reconcile to their account. I just don't worry about it.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
gavinsiu

Re: Estimated Tax payments showing up on IRS.gov?

Post by gavinsiu »

Irs isn’t that great about timely updates. I filed a poa and it never shows up as pending. The estimated payment was submitted back in dec and they took out the money but it’s now showing as pending. The amended return filed in June isn’t processed until nov. when ask just show your bank statement showing withdraw by the irs.