"Money in Excel" add-in

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
Contador314

"Money in Excel" add-in

Post by Contador314 »

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone on this website that uses it, but I will throw in a good word for "Money in Excel". It uses Plaid to pull in all of your bank and credit card transactions into a standardized table, which makes it easy to utilize the data and update as frequently as you want.

You need to have a Microsoft Office 365 subscription, which is $80 a year. I'm not sure but I think that is significantly cheaper than all the other budgeting/allocator apps out there, plus you get all the Microsoft Office apps and other benefits like cloud storage.

Money in excel comes with templates for net worth, budgeting, income statement etc., but I never used those so will not comment on them. The main benefit is having the transaction table, which is what I used to create custom spreadsheets for balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow. I also use the "stockhistory" formula to automatically update all my investment account balances. I spent a lot of time putting this workbook together, but it was worth it. Now it takes a couple seconds to update and view my whole financial picture as frequently as I want.

If you don't know much about excel, and have no desire to learn, then you would probably be better off with another app.

Does anyone else use this? I would like to hear about other ways people utilize it.