Business events for engineer

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
mooudn

Business events for engineer

Post by mooudn »

I've posted about wanting to pivot from engineering to business here:

viewtopic.php?p=6345013#p6345013

Can anyone recommend conferences with business themes - preferably with an overlap with civil - I could attend to network and talk to people? Is there a list of such conferences available I could look up?

Thanks
Olemiss540

Re: Business events for engineer

Post by Olemiss540 »

Are you on linked in? I see regional and national conferences posted all of the time specific to the civil engineering industry
I hold index funds because I do not overestimate my ability to pick stocks OR stock pickers.
onourway

Post by onourway »

Whatever industry niche you are in will have professional associations that sponsor meetings, training, and will be involved in if not directly sponsoring conferences. The majority of people attending there will be in management and higher level positions, and they are specifically designed around networking. I'd start there and see if you can give your employer reason to pay for you to attend these. At the very least, start with joining your local branch's association, and attending those meetings.
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

Join your local Chamber of Commerce and get to networking among the business folks.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
Capricorn51

Post by Capricorn51 »

mooudn wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:09 pm I've posted about wanting to pivot from engineering to business here:

viewtopic.php?p=6345013#p6345013

Can anyone recommend conferences with business themes - preferably with an overlap with civil - I could attend to network and talk to people? Is there a list of such conferences available I could look up?

Thanks
Look up your local section of the American Society of Civil Engineers (https://www.asce.org) or simply start nosing around their web page (if you are a member you can join one of their forums).