Anyone have CIGNA and HSA BANK and use with Mint.com?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
doss

Anyone have CIGNA and HSA BANK and use with Mint.com?

Post by doss »

My employer recently switched medical insurance companies . We are now CIGNA and that means our HSA is with HSA BANK. CIGNA has access to HSA BANK and that's how I can view my HSA account details. I use MINT.COM to view my finances and wondering if it's possible to add HSA BANK via CIGNA to that? Doesn't look like it....so I tried to create a new account over at HSA BANK and it does they have no record of my account. I did email them a few days ago, haven't heard back....so I will call them at some point. Just wondering if anyone is using the CIGNA/HSA BANK combo for MINT and if so how did you hook it up with Mint.com? Thanks!
“ The long-term 9%-10% nominal return of the stock market INCLUDES the crashes.” — calvin+hobbs
runninginvestor

Re: Anyone have CIGNA and HSA BANK and use with Mint.com?

Post by runninginvestor »

You should be able to connect HSA Bank with Mint (and TD Ameritrade's self directed brokerage account if you use that investment option through HSA Bank). You have to have an HSA Bank account set-up though. If you had just started, have you had any funds withheld for the HSA yet? If you just started, it may take a couple weeks for you to get the information in the mail and HR to send over the information to set up an account.
hotscot

Post by hotscot »

FWIW

I previously used Mint for account aggregation. Too many issues connecting accounts.

I now use PersonalCapital. More streamlined and user friendly in my opinion.
mistap

Post by mistap »

I had the same issue, I figured out the solution to connect Cigna HSAbank to Mint, here how:
1. Go to HSA Bank's office website
2. Go to login page
3. Click Forgot username link
4. Type in the email address, first and last name as it is in the Cigna account and click Submit
5. Go to the email where you will receive your username, it is a long string of letters and numbers like 'u2022e2... ', mine is 16 characters long
6. Now go back to the login screen and use this username and then do Forgot Password
7. Use your username and email address to receive the password reset link
8. Reset the password from the link in your email, you might have to do MFA or Two Factor Authentication if you have it set on your cigna account
9. Now you have the username and password, go to HSA Bank and login using this credentials
10. Finish the Security Questionnaire
11. You are now logged in to HSA Bank
12. Now go to Mint, add HSAbank account and use the username and password as your obtain above
13. DONE!