Looking for a top notch CPA in the Central PA area

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
Aged Maduro

Looking for a top notch CPA in the Central PA area

Post by Aged Maduro »

Hi all,

I am at a point in my life where i have significant assets, mostly in stocks and real estate and want a top notch CPA to advise me. Specifically, i would like someone in central Pennsylvania.

If you have any suggestions please feel free to post or private message me.

Thank You
Lionel Hutz

Re: Looking for a top notch CPA in the Central PA area

Post by Lionel Hutz »

No personal knowledge, but if you live close enough to State College it may be worth researching ones in and around there online, vetting them, then making the drive.

I’m basing this off my assumption that the caliber of CPA, lawyer, etc, is generally a little higher in a college town than in the surrounding area.
casun

Post by casun »

i can’t provide a referral but this might be a good place to start looking: https://www.picpa.org/consumers/cpa-locator
BernardShakey

Post by BernardShakey »

Aged Maduro wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:48 pm Hi all,

I am at a point in my life where i have significant assets, mostly in stocks and real estate and want a top notch CPA to advise me. Specifically, i would like someone in central Pennsylvania.

If you have any suggestions please feel free to post or private message me.

Thank You
Here is a CFP that runs what I think is a small-to-medium size outfit in Lancaster, PA. Not sure if that is central enough. I don't know if he is a CPA but I bet he has some on his staff. I've read some of his stuff on tax efficiency and at one time considered using his firm. His name is Rick Rodgers. Contact info below.

Rodgers & Associates
2025 Lititz Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601
An important key to investing is having a well-calibrated sense of your future regret.
Kagord

Post by Kagord »

A CPA is licensed to offer an independent and objective qualified or unqualified opinion on public financial statements in a particular state, and additionally can represent you for an IRS audit, is that what you are looking for?

Granted CPAs branch out to tax work, accounting, financial planning, compilations, audits, reviews, and a plethora of other things, but the CPA certification doesn't really speak to competence in those areas.
bsteiner

Post by bsteiner »

Would an enrolled agent be suitable? If so, I can give you one in that area.