Picking a Lender for a Mortgage

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
liftingbrosef

Picking a Lender for a Mortgage

Post by liftingbrosef »

Just had our offer accepted on a new home today and we are super excited. I was pre-approved for a mortgage with Aimloan, but as I looked closer at the closing costs, I thought I might not be getting a great deal. I decided to get a preapproval with BNC as I saw they offered a competitive rate. I am going to pick a lender and lock the rate tomorrow with one of them. Based off the below, it seems like BNC is superior as they are not making me pay points to get the 2.625% rate. Am I missing anything else here? If anyone else has a lender recommendation, let me know. Lenderfi and Better are not available in the state we are moving to unfortunately.

Aimloan Estimate & Costs
- FYI I won't have to pay Owner's Title insurance or transfer taxes so you can remove at least $4,304 from the below aimloan estimate. but notice the points.

BNC Estimates & Costs - FYI, it's not a refinance. Just a typo from the loan officer.