Planning to travel to New York.

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Ed 2

Planning to travel to New York.

Post by Ed 2 »

I am going to New York in June this year for a week. Any restrictions for travelers in that aria?Planning to make a reservation in Hotel. I was fully vaccinated . Anyone knows if we need extra time for this trip?
"The fund industry doesn't have a lot of heroes, but he (Bogle) is one of them," Russ Kinnel
Topic Author
Ed 2

Re: Planning to travel to New York.

Post by Ed 2 »

Bump :|
"The fund industry doesn't have a lot of heroes, but he (Bogle) is one of them," Russ Kinnel
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Ed 2 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:09 am I am going to New York in June this year for a week. Any restrictions for travelers in that aria?Planning to make a reservation in Hotel. I was fully vaccinated . Anyone knows if we need extra time for this trip?
This is what the NY State website says:
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/govern ... ting-april
Topic Author
Ed 2

Post by Ed 2 »

anon_investor wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:41 am
Ed 2 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:09 am I am going to New York in June this year for a week. Any restrictions for travelers in that aria?Planning to make a reservation in Hotel. I was fully vaccinated . Anyone knows if we need extra time for this trip?
This is what the NY State website says:
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/govern ... ting-april
Thank you
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the Personal Consumer Issues forum (travel).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
mikemagz11

Post by mikemagz11 »

There should be no restrictions. As of right now, I believe restaurants are open 50% and have an 11 pm curfew. I'm assuming by June things will change but you shouldn't have any issues traveling to NYC.
Topic Author
Ed 2

Post by Ed 2 »

mikemagz11 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:24 am There should be no restrictions. As of right now, I believe restaurants are open 50% and have an 11 pm curfew. I'm assuming by June things will change but you shouldn't have any issues traveling to NYC.
My concern that we may not be able to see some site’s as tourists. Prices of good Hotels in the Manhattan are so low right now, tempting to book before the rest of crowd realized
tennisplyr

Post by tennisplyr »

Just fly into NY from FL the other day. Everyone still in masks, some outdoor dining, far less crowded. Follows the protocols and enjoy your trip. Check ahead for planning activities so to be sure things are open.
“Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.” -Retired 13 years 😀
hicabob

Post by hicabob »

They make you fill in a "covid form" that the national guard collects when you deplane but other than that if you are vaccinated it's pretty much the same as most places that don't scorn masks.
WS1

Post by WS1 »

Ed 2 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:26 am
mikemagz11 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:24 am There should be no restrictions. As of right now, I believe restaurants are open 50% and have an 11 pm curfew. I'm assuming by June things will change but you shouldn't have any issues traveling to NYC.
My concern that we may not be able to see some site’s as tourists. Prices of good Hotels in the Manhattan are so low right now, tempting to book before the rest of crowd realized
All the big name museums were by reservation only, but not sure if that’s still true.
lthenderson

Post by lthenderson »

Don't know about New York but just returned from a 10 state two week tour a couple weeks back and almost every indoor tourist attraction had some sort of limits on either the number of people in and first come first serve or you had to reserve tickets ahead of time. Outdoor attractions were more likely to be fully open but some still required masks and social distancing.
MishkaWorries

Post by MishkaWorries »

I'd make sure I have refundable plane and hotel expenses. NYC's COVID rates aren't falling like most places. The rates are stable at a high rate. If the rates increase again, I wouldn't be surprised to see the city impose new restrictions.

Maybe better to just plan to go to Texas or Florida.
We plan. G-d laughs.
inverter

Post by inverter »

Great place to travel to right now. Not that crowded and more true NYers around! Would reserve museums before hand... they have restrictions on # of people inside.
mikemagz11

Post by mikemagz11 »

Ed 2 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:26 am
If it's really low you should book it and can always cancel. I believe most of the attractions are open and some may need reservations but if you book everything enough time out you should have no issues seeing anything you want (besides maybe Broadway shows).
McGowan

Post by McGowan »

Museums require a reservation but they are not crowded (have been to Met a few times, MOMA, Natural History and Central Park Zoo in the last month or two). I'd expect by June, NYC will be much more open. Deals on hotel rooms will be around for some time.

NY got hit hard so people are still taking it very seriously. Masks on the streets and definitely inside. Based on where the city is now, I'd expect that virtually every adult who wants a vaccine will have had at least one shot by June. Broadway is planning for September opening. There will be some creative ways that entertainment moves outdoors this summer. There are FAR fewer people in the city but I'd expect there will be many more by September.
GG1273

Post by GG1273 »

McGowan wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:07 pm Museums require a reservation but they are not crowded (have been to Met a few times, MOMA, Natural History and Central Park Zoo in the last month or two). I'd expect by June, NYC will be much more open. Deals on hotel rooms will be around for some time.

NY got hit hard so people are still taking it very seriously. Masks on the streets and definitely inside. Based on where the city is now, I'd expect that virtually every adult who wants a vaccine will have had at least one shot by June. Broadway is planning for September opening. There will be some creative ways that entertainment moves outdoors this summer. There are FAR fewer people in the city but I'd expect there will be many more by September.
We're 30 miles west of NYC and have gone in 2x last few weeks. One of our nieces moved back to Yorkville a few months ago but the other (not a sister) did not renew her apartment.
West 4th and Bleeker were very quiet with traffic (foot and vehicle). We stopped at Market Table at Carmine and Bedford for my Birthday lunch and had the place to ourselves inside. We did the Zoo for my wife's Birthday last Friday and Sarabeth's Central Park South, a bit busier in both locations than just 2 weeks prior.

Does not seem as desolate as it was during the 2008 financial crisis but, quite a few questionable blokes around. Keep your wits about you (as always in NYC) but it seemed a bit amplified with some of the questionables. The train stations here, normally completely full with several hundred commuter's cars, were basically empty.
GG1273

Post by GG1273 »

GG1273 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:26 pm
McGowan wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:07 pm Museums require a reservation but they are not crowded (have been to Met a few times, MOMA, Natural History and Central Park Zoo in the last month or two). I'd expect by June, NYC will be much more open. Deals on hotel rooms will be around for some time.

We're 30 miles west of NYC and have gone in 2x last few weeks. One of our nieces moved back to Yorkville a few months ago but the other (not a sister) did not renew her apartment.
West 4th and Bleeker were very quiet with traffic (foot and vehicle). We stopped at Market Table at Carmine and Bedford for my Birthday lunch and had the place to ourselves inside. We did the Zoo for my wife's Birthday last Friday and Sarabeth's Central Park South, a bit busier in both locations than just 2 weeks prior. Did reservations at both restaurants and had a timed entry ticket for the zoo. Attraction's websites will be best source for what you want to check out.

Does not seem as desolate as it was during the 2008 financial crisis but, quite a few questionable blokes around. Keep your wits about you (as always in NYC) but it seemed a bit amplified with some of the questionables. The train stations here, normally completely full with several hundred commuter's cars, were basically empty.
GG1273

Post by GG1273 »

GG1273 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:28 pm
GG1273 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:26 pm

West 4th and Bleeker were very quiet with traffic (foot and vehicle). We stopped at Market Table at Carmine and Bedford for my Birthday lunch and had the place to ourselves inside. We did the Zoo for my wife's Birthday last Friday and Sarabeth's Central Park South, a bit busier in both locations than just 2 weeks prior. Did reservations at both restaurants and had a timed entry ticket for the zoo. Attraction's websites will be best source for what you want to check out.

GG1273

Post by GG1273 »

duplicate