Anybody here use QB Online for submitting 1099s for their small business

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
newbie003

Anybody here use QB Online for submitting 1099s for their small business

Post by newbie003 »

The company I work for acts as somewhat of a management/accounting/etc... firm that owns a bunch of smaller companies that we do most of the bookkeeping for.

Every entity uses QB Online. Historically we've always generated 1099s manually (mail merge with a Word template), but last year we started doing many of the using QB Online. I recall the process being pretty easy/smooth.

This year however, for some reason, I'm having a very hard time. Not sure if it's because of the new 1099 NEC, or something else, but as I start the 1099 process at any given company of ours, half the time it shows entities I don't want/half the time it doesn't show entities I do want/half the time it shows them but then has various different amounts in different columns and sometimes ends with the correct amount, other times ends with $0, etc... (yes, I know that's too many halves...).

In any case, just wondering if anyone else is having issues this year vs. last, or if it's just us.

Thanks.