Seeking fast refinance in Northern Virginia

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
revheck

Seeking fast refinance in Northern Virginia

Post by revheck »

I posted this in the Refinance thread, but got no response. So posting this here.

I have been putting off refinancing my 3.5% mortgage until we finish a remodel end of this month, but now I see rates going up and think I need to jump.

Can anyone recommend a broker in Northern Virginia who can help me lock a good rate fast? PM me if necessary.

Or advise me how to lock something in fast myself. We are in this house long term, so I don't mind paying some fees or even points to lock in a low rate for the long term. Here are the numbers:

Current Mortgage: $585K @ 3.5%
HELOC $55K at prime - 1%, but with a 4% floor.
Purchase price: $755K
Current Value: $830 according to Zillow, $815 according to Redfin

I would like to cashout and roll the HELOC and Mortgage into a single loan, but if that ruins my rate or slows things down I will likely have enough cash from an inheritance later this month sufficient to just pay off the HELOC.

Thanks.
runner3081

Re: Seeking fast refinance in Northern Virginia

Post by runner3081 »

Maybe join your local NextDoor site and ask there?
anon_investor

Re: Seeking fast refinance in Northern Virginia

Post by anon_investor »

revheck wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:04 am I posted this in the Refinance thread, but got no response. So posting this here.

I have been putting off refinancing my 3.5% mortgage until we finish a remodel end of this month, but now I see rates going up and think I need to jump.

Can anyone recommend a broker in Northern Virginia who can help me lock a good rate fast? PM me if necessary.

Or advise me how to lock something in fast myself. We are in this house long term, so I don't mind paying some fees or even points to lock in a low rate for the long term. Here are the numbers:

Current Mortgage: $585K @ 3.5%
HELOC $55K at prime - 1%, but with a 4% floor.
Purchase price: $755K
Current Value: $830 according to Zillow, $815 according to Redfin

I would like to cashout and roll the HELOC and Mortgage into a single loan, but if that ruins my rate or slows things down I will likely have enough cash from an inheritance later this month sufficient to just pay off the HELOC.

Thanks.
Try LenderFi. Their website lists them being licensed in Virginia (https://www.lenderfi.com/licensing/).

There is an entire thread about LenderFi:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=300733&start=1550