Has Anyone Seen any Black Friday Quicken Deals?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
djmbob

Has Anyone Seen any Black Friday Quicken Deals?

Post by djmbob »

In looking around, I don't see many good deals for Quicken subscriptions. In the past I bought Amazon 14-month plans, but don't see them either.
Know they have been doing a lot of updates since Intuit sold them a few years ago and went subscription. Perhaps they are now doing fewer deals.
Thanks & Cheers,
Ray
Bill2020

Re: Has Anyone Seen any Black Friday Quicken Deals?

Post by Bill2020 »

Newegg.com has Quicken Deluxe 1-year for $29.99. The "For new subscribers only" version has a code for an additional $11 off. Not sure how it would work if you are an existing subscriber.

BTW, have you ever tried slickdeals.net? I found this deal searching on this website.
eugenem

Post by eugenem »

I looked around a bit earlier this month before my annual renewal. Ended up with Costco -- it was $38.99 for the 1 year Deluxe subscription. There was a cheaper deal on Newegg, but I missed it by several days.

Edit: To what Bill2020 posted above, the current Newegg deal at $29.99 looks really good. Even cheaper with the "New Subscribers Only" promo code.
cowdogman

Post by cowdogman »

I've noticed that Office Depot has consistently low prices on Quicken. I bought a 12 month Home & Business subscription there a couple months ago for $55.

Deluxe is $31.19 for 12 months--as of a few minutes ago.
Last edited by cowdogman on Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thinker

Post by thinker »

If you purchase a subscription for a lower-level product than what you currently have, does your version automatically 'downgrade' when you apply the subscription code?
Last edited by thinker on Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
obafgkm

Post by obafgkm »

I have a current Quicken Deluxe subscription that expires in 2021 (purchased and activated a half-off two-year subscription last December 2019). If I purchase another year of Quicken, will it be good until I activate it at my leisure? I may wait until next year to purchase another year of Quicken; just trying to plan ahead.
"I'm investing in stocks... chicken, beef, and vegetable. It's risky, but I know one day it'll pay off & I'll be a bouillonaire. Who knows, I might even open up a Broth IRA."
gtd98765

Post by gtd98765 »

thinker wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:31 pm If you purchase a subscription for a lower-level product that what you currently have, does your version automatically 'downgrade' when you apply the subscription code?
Yes, it will downgrade automatically. I had the 2017 Premier version of Quicken. When it expired I applied the 14-month subscription code I purchased from Amazon, and now I have the Deluxe version.
BogleZogle___Mogul

Post by BogleZogle___Mogul »

cowdogman wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:26 pm I've noticed that Office Depot has consistently low prices on Quicken. I bought a 12 month Home & Business subscription there a couple months ago for $55.
Home and Business is currently $62.39 a year (why the odd pricing I wonder?) from quicken.com, so that Office Depot price is indeed about 10% lower.
Topic Author
djmbob

Post by djmbob »

For extending an existing subscription, check your current expiration date... from Quicken Support:
Can I use a retail copy of the Subscription Release of Quicken to extend my membership?

Yes, but you can only redeem the activation code in the retail copy to extend your subscription in the last six months of your current subscription term. Note: Activation codes expire 24 months after being generated.
Ray
thinker

Post by thinker »

djmbob wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:17 am For extending an existing subscription, check your current expiration date... from Quicken Support:
Can I use a retail copy of the Subscription Release of Quicken to extend my membership?

Yes, but you can only redeem the activation code in the retail copy to extend your subscription in the last six months of your current subscription term. Note: Activation codes expire 24 months after being generated.
Ray
To make sure all are aware - it would seem the current pricing (40% off) on quicken.com is only good for "new memberships", and not for extending one's subscription. When I login to my quicken account and go to the pricing page I am offered full price options.
Eagle33

Post by Eagle33 »

thinker wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:02 am
djmbob wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:17 am For extending an existing subscription, check your current expiration date... from Quicken Support:

Ray
To make sure all are aware - it would seem the current pricing (40% off) on quicken.com is only good for "new memberships", and not for extending one's subscription. When I login to my quicken account and go to the pricing page I am offered full price options.
We let our subscription expire. Then about 1 year later Quicken offered us the 40% discount. Sure we lost online accounts access during that year off subscription, but we don't use it. We hate giving others are access codes.
Rocket science is not “rocket science” to a rocket scientist, just as personal finance is not “rocket science” to a Boglehead.
Topic Author
djmbob

Post by djmbob »

Well, it looks like Newegg is still the only place with a Cyber Monday deal at $29.99 for Deluxe... a great price. :sharebeer

ETA https://www.newegg.com/quicken-deluxe-2 ... klink=true

Price corrected.
Last edited by djmbob on Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
exarkun

Post by exarkun »

djmbob wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:05 am Well, it looks like Newegg is still the only place with a Cyber Monday deal at $22.99 for Deluxe... a great price. :sharebeer

ETA https://www.newegg.com/quicken-deluxe-2 ... klink=true
Looks like $29.99 to me?

Anyone know if you can get the "new subscribers only" download (for $18.99) and apply the activation code in "help/enter activation code" or if it would work to create a new account with a different email address and import your quicken data file?

It's really silly that it is cheaper for "new subscribers."
Topic Author
djmbob

Post by djmbob »

Looks like $29.99 to me?
Opps yes, corrected.
Topic Author
djmbob

Post by djmbob »

For 2021 NEW SUBSCRIBERS, I received an email from Quicken this week for 50% off good thru 11/29.

Deluxe $25.99; Premier $38.99; Home & Business $51.99

https://www.quicken.com/em/pulse-nfl?ut ... 02RE211120

Cheers,
Ray
G-Force

Post by G-Force »

I just bought a renewal for deluxe for $29 with the coupon code shown next to the price on newegg.

https://www.newegg.com/quicken-deluxe-2 ... 6832624004
Osprey

Post by Osprey »

I just bought quicken premier 1 year subscription from BestBuy for $47.
Newby61

Post by Newby61 »

I received an email from Quicken today advertising a 50% off Black Friday sale.
MGBMartin

Post by MGBMartin »

Bill2020 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:02 pm Newegg.com has Quicken Deluxe 1-year for $29.99. The "For new subscribers only" version has a code for an additional $11 off. Not sure how it would work if you are an existing subscriber.

BTW, have you ever tried slickdeals.net? I found this deal searching on this website.
Just purchased this myself yesterday.
Chose the $29.99 option with $11 off coupon.
Version does say for New Subscribers Only but Quicken considers an existing subscriber to be new if expired more than 6 months or so I thought.
I just created a new User ID on Quicken then used my existing data file.
Quicken support did some song and dance about who is considered new or not and in the end they said they would accept my Activation Key if I called them with details.

Here's a link to the discussion I had with Quicken.
https://community.quicken.com/discussio ... t_20217361
manatee2005

Post by manatee2005 »

Not much this year and I’ve been looking for a laptop.