See Finance (Mac) and Schwab OFX downloads

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
Domadosolo

See Finance (Mac) and Schwab OFX downloads

Post by Domadosolo »

I've been using See Finance v2 by Scimonoce software, on a Mac, primarily as an aggregator across brokerages. I've been very happy with the simplicity of the product, (some small errors I've learned to deal with).
Recently ( about 3 weeks back), the Schwab interface stopped working (error code 403).
I tried deleting the download credentials, but it gives me another error when I try to set it up again.
Scimonoce support replied with an auto message that they were unable to support at this time, so :confused ? I presume they are short staffed or out of business?

Re the Schwab interface, Does anyone know what has changed, and how to overcome it?
Anyone using a good aggregator product on a Mac that they recommend?
Topic Author
Domadosolo

Re: See Finance (Mac) and Schwab OFX downloads

Post by Domadosolo »

Bump for a Monday Morning :)
howard687

Post by howard687 »

I discovered the problem last night, still a problem this AM - called Schwab. Schwab confirmed that they have changed the technology underlying the downloading of transactions in order to eliminate some security vulnerabilities. They tried to claim that they have contacted 3rd party app developers but so far they have only confirmed to me that they did this for, of course, Quicken. This is a real problem for SEE users since the product seems to no longer be supported. Even worse, Schwab does not even support a QIF file download - the only option I could find is export to a CSV file and then import that file into SEE. Very tedious and error prone. We are SOL
n00b

Post by n00b »

I have the same problem with Banktivity OFX connection to Schwab. It was all working on the morning of 10/16 and it has not worked since for me. I did find this discouraging KB article on the Banktivity site: https://www.iggsoftware.com/support/art ... t-connect/
Topic Author
Domadosolo

Post by Domadosolo »

howard687 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:50 pm I discovered the problem last night, still a problem this AM - called Schwab. Schwab confirmed that they have changed the technology underlying the downloading of transactions in order to eliminate some security vulnerabilities. They tried to claim that they have contacted 3rd party app developers but so far they have only confirmed to me that they did this for, of course, Quicken. This is a real problem for SEE users since the product seems to no longer be supported. Even worse, Schwab does not even support a QIF file download - the only option I could find is export to a CSV file and then import that file into SEE. Very tedious and error prone. We are SOL
Thanks, I will try the CSV import, but I'm not sure I know all the fields.
I use SEE primarily as an aggregator, and for an easy search of transactions.
I liked SEE Finance because of the fact that a 3rd party does not hold my credentials or transactions.
.... Are you evaluating other platforms to migrate to?