Past, present, and future

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
Frugalbear

Past, present, and future

Post by Frugalbear »

First and foremost, I am extremely grateful to have found this forum, I really value all of your thoughts. I would not be where I am without you all, so thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Secondly, I truly love to pick every ones brain and soak up their sage like advice like a sponge.

Here are my questions:

1. Past - What would you have done different from an investing/behavioral/life perspective?

2. Present- What have you implemented due to those past experiences?

3. Future- What are you going to do different to get where you want to go in those facets of life?
Thegame14

Re: Past, present, and future

Post by Thegame14 »

past
maxed out 401K while living at home, I always got the match and usually more, but didn't max out until I was 3-4 years into working life.
started a side hustle earlier

present
I max out my 401K when I am have a job and I have a side hustle, that I wish I started years ago

future
keep maxing out 401K, grow side hustle to match income, and then start second side hustle, and when second side hustle also matches job income, stop working job1 and just have two six figure side hustles
runner3081

Post by runner3081 »

Past, saved more and bought less.

Buying stuff never did and never will make me happy.
Topic Author
Frugalbear

Post by Frugalbear »

runner3081 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:08 pm Past, saved more and bought less.

Buying stuff never did and never will make me happy.
Yes, that is something I learned last year and am very grateful!
Flyer24

Post by Flyer24 »

Topic needs to be specific about your personal finance situation.
Welcome to the Personal Finance forum. This subforum is for personal financial issues that don't involve investments. Examples of acceptable topics are:

- insurance
- employment issues
- credit card and credit rating issues
- mortgage and loan issues
- legal issues that have a financial component like wills and pre-nuptial agreements

Note that topics must be directly connected to your (or your friend's or family's) financial life. General comments or complaints about these topics will be removed. If you aren't sure if a topic is OK, ask yourself these questions.

1) Does it relate to finance issues (but it's not an investing question)?

2) Is it personal? In other words, is it about you (or on behalf of someone specific).

3) Is it actionable? Can you do something with the replies that will make a difference in your financial life or the products or services you buy.