Fidelity Rewards Visa signature card

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
m@ver1ck

Fidelity Rewards Visa signature card

Post by m@ver1ck » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:53 am

On the fidelity web page for application, it says that elan is the bank. Question - what website do I use to pay the bills? Elan's? or Fidelity's? Don't want to deal with another website to save .5% over what I'm already getting.

pindevil

Re: Fidelity Rewards Visa signature card

Post by pindevil » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:58 am

I wasn't sure so I logged into the site. It has fidelity branding all over the web site but there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the page "This website is owned and operated by Elan Financial Services".

Here is the site you login to manage your account
https://login.fidelityrewards.com/

Vanguard Fan 1367

Post by Vanguard Fan 1367 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:34 am

m@ver1ck wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:53 am
On the fidelity web page for application, it says that elan is the bank. Question - what website do I use to pay the bills? Elan's? or Fidelity's? Don't want to deal with another website to save .5% over what I'm already getting.
When I log into my Fidelity website it lists my Fidelity accounts including my 2 Fidelity credit card accounts. I click onto the credit card account and can pay the bill using a linked bank account.
Upton Sinclair: "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it."

Yinks

Post by Yinks » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:40 am

To answer more clearly, you use ther fidelity website. It shows up as an account just like any other (brokerage, IRA, etc.).

You use your same fidelity login and password.

seawolf21

Post by seawolf21 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:11 am

m@ver1ck wrote:
You are using Elan’s site for all account transactions related to the Fido rewards VISA.

However there are two ways to get to and log onto Elan’s site.

One is to go thru Fidelity. If you go thru fidelity, you will be logged into Elan’s site seamless without having to input any username/password (implemented most likely using cookies/single sign-on).

Second is you can login to Elan directly by setting up a distinctive login/password for Elan at https://www.myaccountaccess.com/onlineCard/login.do

Both methods will get you to the same place for account management.

mrb09

Post by mrb09 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:24 am

seawolf21 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:11 am
m@ver1ck wrote:

One is to go thru Fidelity. If you go thru fidelity, you will be logged into Elan’s site seamless without having to input any username/password (implemented most likely using cookies/single sign-on).

Second is you can login to Elan directly by setting up a distinctive login/password for Elan at https://www.myaccountaccess.com/onlineCard/login.do

You can mix 'n match, I use the fidelity login for my official statement, but I use the elan login for daily YNAB transaction download. I'm ok with YNAB having my CC info, but I'm uncomfortable with it having my full Fidelity info, this lets me separate them.

catchinup

Post by catchinup » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:42 am

m@ver1ck wrote:
I login through fidelityrewards.com

I have my account set up to convert my rewards to cash and auto deposit them to my fidelity account.

PatrickA5

Post by PatrickA5 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:02 am

Does the balance show up as an account with the rest of the accounts on the Fidelity home page? Or, do you have to click on the credit card and go over to Elan to see balances and activity?

MarkBarb

Post by MarkBarb » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:03 am

Once you set up auto-pay, why would you need to log into their site again?

HomeStretch

Post by HomeStretch » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:04 am

PatrickA5 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:02 am
Does the balance show up as an account with the rest of the accounts on the Fidelity home page?
Yes, I see the VISA balance at the bottom of my Fidelity accounts list.

You have to click a couple times to see the activity from the Elan website.

seawolf21

Post by seawolf21 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:42 am

MarkBarb wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:03 am
Huh?

I suppose one would never have to go onto the site again if they never review their card transactions or they are on paper statements and only review transactions once a month when it arrives

I would imagine many/most people would login in order to review transactions against the card and/or to access PDF statements.

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:44 am

I pay my Fidelity credit card through my bank's free online bill pay.

I can login to the Fidelity credit card via the Fidelity.com web site without entering any more login credentials which is what I think the OP was asking if that could be done.

Also I have my Fidelity credit card mail me statements, so I actually don't have to look at the PDF statements online if I don't want to. Indeed, I don't have to use the credit card web site at all if I don't want to because I get a paper statement and I pay through my bank's web site.

Also, the cash rewards get automatically sent to my Fidelity CMA which then e-mails me that I got a deposit, so I don't have deal with the cash rewards from the credit card either.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

snailderby

Post by snailderby » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:06 am

Does the Fidelity credit card also show up on the mobile app? Thanks!

Vanguard Fan 1367

Post by Vanguard Fan 1367 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:22 am

snailderby wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:06 am
Does the Fidelity credit card also show up on the mobile app? Thanks!
Yes, it does show up on my Fidelity Mobile App. Is very helpful that it does that.
Upton Sinclair: "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it."

MarkBarb

Post by MarkBarb » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:09 pm

seawolf21 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:42 am
MarkBarb wrote:
Huh?

I suppose one would never have to go onto the site again if they never review their card transactions or they are on paper statements and only review transactions once a month when it arrives

I would imagine many/most people would login in order to review transactions against the card and/or to access PDF statements.
While I guess you could technically say that I'm logging in, I download all of my charges to my financial management software (Quicken, in my case) and look at them there. I've got credit cards with Fidelity, Chase, Citi, and Discover and rarely log into those sites for credit card purposes. Usually the only time I do that is when I have a mystery charge and I don't get enough info in Quicken to figure out what it is about.

mptfan

Post by mptfan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:16 pm

seawolf21 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:11 am

This is the right answer. I have the Fidelity Rewards Visa signature card and I manage the card and pay the bills through the Fidelity website, I have never signed up with a separate username and password to access through the Elan website.

N.Y.Cab

Post by N.Y.Cab » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:45 pm

And another thing: in order to get the 2% cash back, click “Manage Reward Points” to enroll in automatic redemption to your account at Fidelity.

CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Are you happy with how well it works with Quicken? I have been considering a mailing from Fidelity for a $150 bonus, and it sounds like a good card, but Quicken functionality is pretty important to me.
MarkBarb wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:09 pm

While I guess you could technically say that I'm logging in, I download all of my charges to my financial management software (Quicken, in my case) and look at them there. I've got credit cards with Fidelity, Chase, Citi, and Discover and rarely log into those sites for credit card purposes. Usually the only time I do that is when I have a mystery charge and I don't get enough info in Quicken to figure out what it is about.

MarkBarb

Post by MarkBarb » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:22 pm

CardinalRule wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:58 pm
Are you happy with how well it works with Quicken? I have been considering a mailing from Fidelity for a $150 bonus, and it sounds like a good card, but Quicken functionality is pretty important to me.
MarkBarb wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:09 pm

I just ordered my Fidelity Card a couple of days ago, so I can't comment on that. So far, all of my cards have worked well with Quicken except my Amazon Store Card. It works well most of the time and then it stops connecting. I have to disable and re-enable online access. Then it downloads a couple of months of duplicate charges that I have to delete. At least Quicken made deleting a group of incoming charges easy, so it is no longer a huge hassle.

ej0160

Post by ej0160 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:50 am

CardinalRule wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:58 pm
I’ve been using Quicken to download transactions for Fidelity Visa for awhile and no issues so far. When I set up the Quicken credit card account, I used financial institution “Elan Financial Services” and username/password from https://fidelityrewards.com site (not normal Fidelity username/password).

wanderer

Post by wanderer » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:17 am

We access via the Fidelity website as described. Rewards are directly deposited into a Fidelity account. No issues. We do not use a 3rd party aggregator, so no comment.
We are set up to get a text message for evert transaction to monitor for unusual activity.

Elan was fully owned by USBank Corp, but the sold off some servicing aspects in 2018.
https://www.usbank.com/newsroom/news/u ... ness.html

JoMoney

Post by JoMoney » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:51 am

I access my Fidelity rewards visa from the same Fidelity website that I use to access my other Fidelity accounts.
The credit card shows up under my CMA , IRA, and HSA accounts... and If I click on it I can access all the statements and link bank accounts to pay the bill.
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham

dallasjava

Post by dallasjava » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:56 am

MarkBarb wrote:
To reconcile your statement and to redeem rewards.

MotoTrojan

Post by MotoTrojan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:58 am

Easy to use. Only time you aren't dealing directly with Fidelity is customer service goes through Elan, but it is still through a Fidelity portal.

Rewards automatically go to an account of my choosing (can split too) every month, very nice.

CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:01 am

Does anyone happen to know which credit report Elan would likely pull? I have all of my reports frozen and would prefer not to unfreeze all of them. :wink:

jeffyscott

Post by jeffyscott » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:18 am

CardinalRule wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:01 am
Does anyone happen to know which credit report Elan would likely pull? I have all of my reports frozen and would prefer not to unfreeze all of them. :wink:
According to Credit Karma, had Elan inquiry on TransUnion but not Equifax. This was for Fidelity card that was applied for a little over a year ago.
Time is your friend; impulse is your enemy. - John C. Bogle

as9

Post by as9 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:54 am

Got a text and a call last night about a questionable charge. It was indeed fraudulent and taken care of in minutes. Will have a new card on Saturday. Complete pain to have to update auto-pays, but glad to see they handle this well (similar to Chase, which I've experienced a few times).

CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:49 pm

When I logged on to Fidelity this evening, I saw an ‘ad’ for Rewards + at up to 3% back for wealth management clients.

https://rewards.fidelity.com/offers/rew ... h?ofr=1311

UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:44 pm

CardinalRule wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:49 pm
When I logged on to Fidelity this evening, I saw an ‘ad’ for Rewards + at up to 3% back for wealth management clients.

https://rewards.fidelity.com/offers/rew ... h?ofr=1311
Doesn't look like such a good deal to me. I think the Bank of America/Merrill Edge credit card rewards program is better because it doesn't require that you use advisory services.

CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:28 pm

I tend to agree - I'm certainly not interested in being a Wealth Management client.