How is the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Aelron

Re: How is the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card

Post by Aelron »

I was trying to get my spouse and I set up each with our own Amazon Prime Visa and Amazon account sharing Prime benefits through Amazon Household, but I was not able to get that to work. In fact I'm now worse off and in a state where my card no longer says "Prime" in the name when looking at it online, and I can no longer select it to get 5% back. I've called both Amazon and Chase, and neither has been able to fix the card. Highly annoying. I'm posting here in the faint hope that someone else here has run into this and has a solution.
JS-Elcano

Post by JS-Elcano »

MrBeaver wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:59 am
tibbitts wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:57 am
pasadena wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:32 am
MrBeaver wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:24 pm It's been a good card for me.

Also note they run periodic 'targeted' promotions for additional cash back above the base amounts. See here for a promotion last year:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/amazon-prime-visa-offer/

This summer they bumped travel and gas station rebates up to 5% back (again, it appears this is a subset of cardholders).
I never got one of those in 7 years :(
Me either. Well, I hope I didn't get an offer and miss it.
FYI, this latest offer appears public. I saw it on Facebook in addition to email, and there is a public splash page link. Bonus is retroactive to the beginning of the period, but of course you can’t go back in time and change your spending habits:

https://www.chase.com/mybonus/tamazon1
But it doesn't work, at least not for everyone's card. This is the message I got: "The offer you are attempting to access is not available for the card account you entered. If you have another account, please try signing in using that card's information."
pindevil

Post by pindevil »

Had this card from day 1 when it became available. It's good for Amazon purchases but it's not something I carry with me for everyday purchases. There are far better options for non-amazon purchases.
tibbitts

Post by tibbitts »

JS-Elcano wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:11 pm
MrBeaver wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:59 am
tibbitts wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:57 am
pasadena wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:32 am
MrBeaver wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:24 pm It's been a good card for me.

Also note they run periodic 'targeted' promotions for additional cash back above the base amounts. See here for a promotion last year:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/amazon-prime-visa-offer/

This summer they bumped travel and gas station rebates up to 5% back (again, it appears this is a subset of cardholders).
I never got one of those in 7 years :(
Me either. Well, I hope I didn't get an offer and miss it.
FYI, this latest offer appears public. I saw it on Facebook in addition to email, and there is a public splash page link. Bonus is retroactive to the beginning of the period, but of course you can’t go back in time and change your spending habits:

https://www.chase.com/mybonus/tamazon1
But it doesn't work, at least not for everyone's card. This is the message I got: "The offer you are attempting to access is not available for the card account you entered. If you have another account, please try signing in using that card's information."
Interesting; it did work for mine, although I don't recall having received the offer (as I do with some others for various Chase cards.) But I have gotten that message before on other reported offers so it's not surprising.
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

pindevil wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:50 am Had this card from day 1 when it became available. It's good for Amazon purchases but it's not something I carry with me for everyday purchases. There are far better options for non-amazon purchases.
This. We use it for Amazon and it’s great for that…and the occasional Whole Foods trip
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

pindevil wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:50 am Had this card from day 1 when it became available. It's good for Amazon purchases but it's not something I carry with me for everyday purchases. There are far better options for non-amazon purchases.
+1.
beyou

Post by beyou »

RickBoglehead wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:14 pm
beyou wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:12 pm
RickBoglehead wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:32 am
Costco had an Amex card, and then switched to Visa. Brand new card issued.

Fidelity (not a store card) had an Amex card (issued by Bank of America, not Amex) and a MasterCard, then they switched to a Visa card issued by US Bank.
But did they just mail you a new card or you had to apply to their new issuer ?
In both cases new cards were issued, no application was necessary.
Was there a credit pull on your credit report after the switch ?

I assume the issue date on new card was current, so you lose aging impact on fico, from the old cards.
RickBoglehead

Post by RickBoglehead »

beyou wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:09 pm
RickBoglehead wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:14 pm
beyou wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:12 pm
RickBoglehead wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:32 am
Costco had an Amex card, and then switched to Visa. Brand new card issued.

Fidelity (not a store card) had an Amex card (issued by Bank of America, not Amex) and a MasterCard, then they switched to a Visa card issued by US Bank.
But did they just mail you a new card or you had to apply to their new issuer ?
In both cases new cards were issued, no application was necessary.
Was there a credit pull on your credit report after the switch ?

I assume the issue date on new card was current, so you lose aging impact on fico, from the old cards.
I didn't look, but got no alerts.

Yes, dates change. Nothing you can do when the card is discontinued.
Avid user of forums on variety of interests-financial, home brewing, F-150, EV, home repair, etc. Enjoy learning & passing on knowledge. It's PRINCIPAL, not PRINCIPLE. I ADVISE you to seek ADVICE.