Capital One Bank bonus $450

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
sixty40

Capital One Bank bonus $450

Post by sixty40 »

FYI.
If you have $50k lying around for existing customers, Capital One Bank is offering a $450 bonus if you deposit $50k by 5/31/20 and hold it until 8/29/20. Or $150 bonus for a $20k deposit. Seems to only apply to existing accounts, but may also apply to new accounts, don't see why not. I don't know if there is a catch?
JoMoney

Re: Capital One Bank bonus $450

Post by JoMoney »

Do you have a link to this offer, or was it only an individual email offer?
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham
Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 »

Not for HYSA existing customers if this is the offer:

https://www.capitalone.com/score500/?ex ... lsrc=aw.ds
Open a 360 Performance Savings account between 12:00 a.m. ET on April 16, 2020, and 11:59 p.m. ET on May 31, 2020. When you open your account, enter your promotional code—SCORE500. If you have or had an open savings and/or money market account (excluding CDs, IRA savings accounts and Kids Savings accounts) as a primary or secondary account holder with Capital One on or after January 1, 2016, you're ineligible for the bonus. This account is subject to approval.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid
jminer1

Post by jminer1 »

This is a new offer for existing customers only. I got the email today too.

Here's a snippet from the body of the email:
In this time of uncertainty, one thing is for sure—your money is in a safe place in your 360 Performance Savings account with FDIC insurance. And right now, we want to help you save even more with a special bonus offer.
Here’s how it works:

* Earn a $450 bonus when you deposit $50,000 or more, or earn $150 when you deposit $20,000–$49,999.99, of new money into your 360 Performance Savings account ending in XXXX by May 31, 2020.
* Keep your deposit in your account until August 29, 2020.
* Bring on the bonus—and use this extra cash for whatever you decide.
And here is a snippet from the fine print at the bottom:
This bonus offer is meant only for the original recipient. Those who are not the original recipient will not receive a bonus offer. Please don’t share it.

Here’s the scoop on how to earn your bonus:

1. Increase your current balance by depositing $20,000 or more of new money from an external bank (Balance Build Deposit) account into your 360 Performance Savings account (account must be opened prior to 3/15/2020) ending in XXXX between 12:00 a.m. ET on April 27, 2020, and 11:59 p.m. ET on May 31, 2020. Transfers between Capital One accounts will not qualify. Any portion of your 360 Performance Savings account balance, including new deposits, that has been withdrawn and redeposited back into that account will also not qualify. The amount of your bonus will be determined as follows:
* $150 bonus—the money you deposited from an external bank was between $20,000 and $49,999.99 (Lower Tier), and you maintained the Balance Build Deposit daily in the account until 11:59 p.m. ET, August 29, 2020.
* $450 bonus—the money you deposited from an external bank was $50,000 or more (Higher Tier), and you maintained the Balance Build Deposit daily in the account until 11:59 p.m. ET, August 29, 2020.
3. If your Balance Build Deposit balance drops to the Lower Tier at any point between 12:00 a.m. ET on June 1, 2020, and 11:59 p.m. on August 29, 2020, you’ll earn the Lower Tier bonus. If your deposited balance drops below the Lower Tier, you will not qualify for a cash bonus. If you make additional deposits after May 31, 2020, to reach the Higher Tier, you’ll only be eligible for the Lower Tier bonus.
4. This offer cannot be combined with any other Capital One offers. The bonus is only valid for one account.

When will I get my bonus?
Capital One will deposit the bonus into your 360 Performance Savings account ending in XXXX within 60 days following August 29, 2020. If your account is in default, closed, suspended, or otherwise not in good standing, you will not receive the bonus.
So it appears that this offer is only valid on existing accounts opened before 03/15/2020 (so not valid on new accounts), and it also may be limited only to people who received the offer via email.
cashmoney

Post by cashmoney »

jminer1 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:29 pm This is a new offer for existing customers only. I got the email today too.

In this time of uncertainty, one thing is for sure—your money is in a safe place in your 360 Performance Savings account with FDIC insurance. And right now, we want to help you save even more with a special bonus offer.
Here’s how it works:

* Earn a $450 bonus when you deposit $50,000 or more, or earn $150 when you deposit $20,000–$49,999.99, of new money into your 360 Performance Savings account ending in XXXX by May 31, 2020.
This bonus offer is meant only for the original recipient. Those who are not the original recipient will not receive a bonus offer. Please don’t share it.

Here’s the scoop on how to earn your bonus:

1. Increase your current balance by depositing $20,000 or more of new money from an external bank (Balance Build Deposit) account into your 360 Performance Savings account (account must be opened prior to 3/15/2020) ending in XXXX between 12:00 a.m. ET on April 27, 2020, and 11:59 p.m. ET on May 31, 2020. Transfers between Capital One accounts will not qualify. Any portion of your 360 Performance Savings account balance, including new deposits, that has been withdrawn and redeposited back into that account will also not qualify. The amount of your bonus will be determined as follows:
* $150 bonus—the money you deposited from an external bank was between $20,000 and $49,999.99 (Lower Tier), and you maintained the Balance Build Deposit daily in the account until 11:59 p.m. ET, August 29, 2020.
* $450 bonus—the money you deposited from an external bank was $50,000 or more (Higher Tier), and you maintained the Balance Build Deposit daily in the account until 11:59 p.m. ET, August 29, 2020.
3. If your Balance Build Deposit balance drops to the Lower Tier at any point between 12:00 a.m. ET on June 1, 2020, and 11:59 p.m. on August 29, 2020, you’ll earn the Lower Tier bonus. If your deposited balance drops below the Lower Tier, you will not qualify for a cash bonus. If you make additional deposits after May 31, 2020, to reach the Higher Tier, you’ll only be eligible for the Lower Tier bonus.
4. This offer cannot be combined with any other Capital One offers. The bonus is only valid for one account.

When will I get my bonus?
Capital One will deposit the bonus into your 360 Performance Savings account ending in XXXX within 60 days following August 29, 2020. If your account is in default, closed, suspended, or otherwise not in good standing, you will not receive the bonus.
So it appears that this offer is only valid on existing accounts opened before 03/15/2020 (so not valid on new accounts), and it also may be limited only to people who received the offer via email.

I have have an account with Capital opened before 3/15/20 and did not get email offer.I wonder if it is because I did a 500.00 promo with them previously and then moved the funds to greener pastures immediately after I got by bonus?
Ice-9

Post by Ice-9 »

Are we sure this is for existing customers only? This page appears geared towards at least including new customers (if not aimed at them altogether):
https://www.capitalone.com/score500/
When you open a 360 Performance Savings account, you’ll earn 1.50% APY (Annual Percentage Yield) on any balance—and feel confident your money is secure with FDIC insurance up to the allowable limits.

Plus, now you could earn a $100 cash bonus for every $10,000 you deposit and maintain (up to $500) by May 31, 2020. Here’s what this could look like for you and your money:
jminer1

Post by jminer1 »

Ice-9 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:47 pm Are we sure this is for existing customers only? This page appears geared towards at least including new customers (if not aimed at them altogether):
When you open a 360 Performance Savings account, you’ll earn 1.50% APY (Annual Percentage Yield) on any balance—and feel confident your money is secure with FDIC insurance up to the allowable limits.

Plus, now you could earn a $100 cash bonus for every $10,000 you deposit and maintain (up to $500) by May 31, 2020. Here’s what this could look like for you and your money:

That looks like a different bonus offer.
mervinj7

Post by mervinj7 »

Ice-9 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:47 pm Are we sure this is for existing customers only? This page appears geared towards at least including new customers (if not aimed at them altogether):

That offer is for new customers. Some of us got a targeted email for existing customers. The text is shown above. Good timing on this bonus. Just sold off $50k of short term treasury bills.
JackoC

Post by JackoC »

jminer1 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:51 pm
That looks like a different bonus offer.
Yep, different offers for new v existing customers which is pretty common. I got the email, $450 bonus if I put $50k in my existing (currently almost empty) Performance Savings Acct by May 31 and maintain it there till August 29. I was surprised by this, because I got a $1000 bonus to open that account (with $150k) only last December. The bonus posted Mar 19 and they said via chat no 'clawback' so I moved almost all of it to another acct paying more interest. Now I will shift $50k back to Cap 1. The $450 counts as taxable interest of course (unlike a credit card bonus which is tax free). Counting taxes and the after tax interest cost since the money will come from my still 1.75% checking account (assuming the rates move in tandem till August) the AT NPV for me will be ~$277. That's still worth clicking a mouse a few times.
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

I'm considering the new account bonus. To earn it, I must make the initial deposit within the first 10 days of account opening. Any tips on getting the deposit in on time?

Assuming my cash is currently in the Federal money market fund at Vanguard...

Option 1) In my Vanguard account online, go through the "add a new bank" steps for the new Capital One account, and then transfer the money once it's all ready. Not sure how long it takes to establish the connection, a few days maybe?

Option 2) Transfer the money to a credit union I've already connected with my Vanguard account, then write myself a check from there, and use Capital One's "Mobile Deposit".

Option 3) Wire transfer from Vanguard. Would Capital One support this for incoming funds?

Other ideas? Thanks in advance.
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

I am planning to do this. Curious how long Capital One will maintain the 1.50% interest rate on my 360 Performance Savings account, though. Just today, I got an email stating that my American Express Personal Savings High Yield Savings Account had dropped to 1.30%. I will likely move most of the the $50,000 in new money for Capital One from my American Express account.
sixty40 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:21 am FYI.
If you have $50k lying around for existing customers, Capital One Bank is offering a $450 bonus if you deposit $50k by 5/31/20 and hold it until 8/29/20. Or $150 bonus for a $20k deposit. Seems to only apply to existing accounts, but may also apply to new accounts, don't see why not. I don't know if there is a catch?
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

I may need to ask them about how to interpret the highlighted fine print. I withdrew $35,000 from my 360 Performance Savings account in mid-March 2020, and was planning to deposit $50,000 before May 31. Hopefully the fact that my withdrawal occurred earlier than the offer being made will help. :?
jminer1 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:29 pm This is a new offer for existing customers only. I got the email today too.

FedGuy

Post by FedGuy »

How do they define when a deposit has been made? I pulled $50,000 into the account a week ago, but it's still showing as a pending transfer that won't be completed until June 1. Does that disqualify me from getting the bonus?

(I'm kind of afraid to call and ask.)
Loon11

Post by Loon11 »

interesting - just got email offer from CapOne with same offer but different dates for my empty money market 360 acct. Money must be in by June 30 and stay in til Sept. 28. The same offer - $50 k for $450, etc.
But the money market has now dropped to 1% for > 10K or .5% for less.
Still not bad, pulled money out of VUSXX since it is at 0.34%. Still have a bit in Prime but likely will move most to Marcus - they are pretty stable at 1.3 currently.
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

I have the same issue and question. As I look at my Capital One account activity today (June 3), it shows a $50,000 "preauthorized deposit" from my credit union on May 29. It also shows the "pending deposit" of $50,000 that is "processing" with a completion date of June 4. Why does it take so long?

One of the things I dislike about Capital One and its website - there is no way to way to ask a question without picking up a phone and talking to the call center. I'll have to call, I guess. If not I'm not going to qualify, I'm not going to leave the money there.
FedGuy wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:41 pm How do they define when a deposit has been made? I pulled $50,000 into the account a week ago, but it's still showing as a pending transfer that won't be completed until June 1. Does that disqualify me from getting the bonus?

(I'm kind of afraid to call and ask.)
FedGuy

Post by FedGuy »

Thanks, CardinalRule. If you call, can you let us know here? I saw that the money was deducted from my outside account during May, so it's not clear to me exactly where it was after that but before it was officially credited to my CapitalOne account. For now, I'm going to keep quiet, and if I don't get the bonus I'll complain then.

I saw someone in another thread on a somewhat similar offer, but one that requires someone without a CapitalOne relationship to open a new account. They reported that there was an unannounced grace period of several days, so maybe that will apply here.
Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 »

This is a targeted offer. Capital One only will pay the bonus if you received the offer via email. Capital One is good at tracking targeted offers.
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

FedGuy, check your capitalone.com account again - you might be OK. I checked mine again this morning, and the "pending" transaction no longer appears. Instead I just see the required $50,000 (targeted, existing-customer offer) posted on May 29.

My rate is now 1.15%, by the way. I wonder if 1.0% is the next stop. :(
FedGuy wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:39 am Thanks, CardinalRule. If you call, can you let us know here? I saw that the money was deducted from my outside account during May, so it's not clear to me exactly where it was after that but before it was officially credited to my CapitalOne account. For now, I'm going to keep quiet, and if I don't get the bonus I'll complain then.

I saw someone in another thread on a somewhat similar offer, but one that requires someone without a CapitalOne relationship to open a new account. They reported that there was an unannounced grace period of several days, so maybe that will apply here.
FedGuy

Post by FedGuy »

Thanks, CardinalRule! My account shows that the transfer was effective on May 26. Works for me.

Thanks again.
BlackcatCA

Post by BlackcatCA »

Loon11 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:09 pm interesting - just got email offer from CapOne with same offer but different dates for my empty money market 360 acct. Money must be in by June 30 and stay in til Sept. 28. The same offer - $50 k for $450, etc.
But the money market has now dropped to 1% for > 10K or .5% for less.
Still not bad, pulled money out of VUSXX since it is at 0.34%. Still have a bit in Prime but likely will move most to Marcus - they are pretty stable at 1.3 currently.
I got this offer. But i just checked that 360 Money Market pays only 0.5% interest, whereas the 360 Performance account pays 1.15%. Does anyone know if I need to switch to the Performance account for the higher interest, and still be considered for the ‘existing’ account bonus?
BogleMe

Post by BogleMe »

CardinalRule wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:22 am FedGuy, check your capitalone.com account again - you might be OK. I checked mine again this morning, and the "pending" transaction no longer appears. Instead I just see the required $50,000 (targeted, existing-customer offer) posted on May 29.

My rate is now 1.15%, by the way. I wonder if 1.0% is the next stop. :(
FedGuy wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:39 am Thanks, CardinalRule. If you call, can you let us know here? I saw that the money was deducted from my outside account during May, so it's not clear to me exactly where it was after that but before it was officially credited to my CapitalOne account. For now, I'm going to keep quiet, and if I don't get the bonus I'll complain then.

1.0% has arrived! Geez, at this rate I'll be liquidating once I get the bonus. Maybe they needed to hit some quarter-end hurdles. I've gone from 1.30% to 1.15% to 1.0% in the matter of a few weeks.
Leif

Post by Leif »

This offer is a bit different from the one I got at the end of last month.

The promo code was SCORE500. They give you $100 for each $10,000 added up to $500/$50,000. But, I believe it is over now.

The promo requires you to keep the money in for 3 months, but the bonus is not paid until 5 months after opening. From other posts I've read Capital One does these types of promos periodically. At that time the rate was 1.3%. I see it has now dropped to 1.0%.

I see existing customers can get $450.

Capital One savings bonus: Up to $500
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

Yikes - thanks for letting us know. Certainly Capital One won't. :x

I just checked how my three other accounts were doing in the race to nothing - Barclays is also down to 1.0%; Discover is at 1.05%, and American Express is currently 1.15%.
BogleMe wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:07 am
1.0% has arrived! Geez, at this rate I'll be liquidating once I get the bonus. Maybe they needed to hit some quarter-end hurdles. I've gone from 1.30% to 1.15% to 1.0% in the matter of a few weeks.
Leif

Post by Leif »

BogleMe wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:07 am1.0% has arrived! Geez, at this rate I'll be liquidating once I get the bonus. Maybe they needed to hit some quarter-end hurdles. I've gone from 1.30% to 1.15% to 1.0% in the matter of a few weeks.
The question is liquidating and move to what?

I did move from MM to HYS for the extra interest (and the bonus). So far it appears the rate competitive savings are leap frogging each other on the way down. But, I'm unlikely to move for a few basis points, which could disappear the next day anyway.
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

Here’s how it works:

Almost August 29 now. But it looks like we have to wait an additional two months for our :moneybag. At least Capital One has been more or less competitive with its rates for the $50,000. :happy
neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

CardinalRule wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:49 am

Here’s how it works:

Almost August 29 now. But it looks like we have to wait an additional two months for our :moneybag. At least Capital One has been more or less competitive with its rates for the $50,000. :happy
Correct, but after this week the bulk of the $50k can be removed if you have some other plans for those funds.
FrownLines

Post by FrownLines »

Leif wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:29 am This offer is a bit different from the one I got at the end of last month.

The promo code was SCORE500. They give you $100 for each $10,000 added up to $500/$50,000. But, I believe it is over now.

The promo requires you to keep the money in for 3 months, but the bonus is not paid until 5 months after opening. From other posts I've read Capital One does these types of promos periodically. At that time the rate was 1.3%. I see it has now dropped to 1.0%.

I did the SCORE500 promo and they paid my bonus on the 90th day after my deposit. It was so easy to open the account. The interest rate has now dropped to 80 bps. I rolled out the money to the Citi $700 bonus but after that I might be out of bonus plays LOL
Leif

Post by Leif »

FrownLines wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:44 am
Leif wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:29 am This offer is a bit different from the one I got at the end of last month.

I did the SCORE500 promo and they paid my bonus on the 90th day after my deposit. It was so easy to open the account. The interest rate has now dropped to 80 bps. I rolled out the money to the Citi $700 bonus but after that I might be out of bonus plays LOL
That is a good surprise. I did not expect the money for 2 more months. My 90 days is the end of the week. Thanks for the heads up on the Citi bonus.
FrownLines

Post by FrownLines »

Leif wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:40 pm
FrownLines wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:44 am

That is a good surprise. I did not expect the money for 2 more months. My 90 days is the end of the week. Thanks for the heads up on the Citi bonus.
Yeah and Citi only needs the money for 60 days for you to qualify for the bonus. However it can be tricky to the Citi account opened. I had the best luck calling as I wasn't allowed to open the account online. I'm SAHM now so I have the time for these silly things.
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

Happy August 29, everyone. :sharebeer

I think I followed all the rules for the $50,000. I'll see what happens (and when).
Topic Author
sixty40

Post by sixty40 »

CardinalRule wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:46 am

I think I followed all the rules for the $50,000. I'll see what happens (and when).
Good for you, I regret not doing it.
Topic Author
sixty40

Post by sixty40 »

CardinalRule wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:46 am

Good for you, I regret not doing it.
Old Guy

Post by Old Guy »

$500 showed up today. Can I close the account now or should I wait?
SethJane42

Post by SethJane42 »

The catch, or the to be more exact the danger, is that it is possible that a lot of people are pulling their money out of Capital One, after they read about how they were over-exposed to too much oil debt and were given special waivers by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission for their commodity swaps with oil and gas companies. I pulled out what I had sitting there and moved it to a very large bank that had a better balance sheet. Yes, it was insured at Capital One, but would rather not go through the hassle, so I used my power of ownership to move my money to a place I thought would be safer if banks start to fail, and they still can--the proverbial poo has not all hit the fan yet. Thus the enticement came to put it all back. I considered it, but they were showing their weak hand.
Last edited by SethJane42 on Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

Yikes. The interest rate on the savings account is now 0.65%, as noted on another thread. One more reason to move the $50,000 - then again, there are not a lot of attractive alternatives. :?

https://www.capitalone.com/bank/savings-accounts/
nesdog

Post by nesdog »

Just checked...not seeing my bonus yet. I hope they didn't mess this up. :confused
Insert clever comment here...
neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

nesdog wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:54 am Just checked...not seeing my bonus yet. I hope they didn't mess this up. :confused
Why would you expect to see the bonus today when the offer clearly states that "Bonus of $450 will appear within 60 days after 8/29/20"?
FedGuy

Post by FedGuy »

neilpilot wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:51 am Why would you expect to see the bonus today when the offer clearly states that "Bonus of $450 will appear within 60 days after 8/29/20"?
I assume it's because Old Guy posted above that he got his bonus yesterday. I certainly checked my own account after seeing his post. (It's still not there.)
neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

FedGuy wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:56 am
neilpilot wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:51 am Why would you expect to see the bonus today when the offer clearly states that "Bonus of $450 will appear within 60 days after 8/29/20"?
I assume it's because Old Guy posted above that he got his bonus yesterday. I certainly checked my own account after seeing his post. (It's still not there.)
Apples and Oranges. It seems that Old Guy posted a new account $500 bonus comment in this thread, which is supposed to be about the Existing Account $450 bonus.
FedGuy

Post by FedGuy »

neilpilot wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:59 amApples and Oranges. It seems that Old Guy posted a new account $500 bonus comment in this thread, which is supposed to be about the Existing Account $450 bonus.
You asked why someone would expect to see the bonus so quickly. It's because this is a thread about the $450 bonus for adding new money to an existing account, and someone posted in this thread to say that he got his bonus. The fact that he might have been referring to a different bonus and should have posted in this in a different thread doesn't change the fact that someone seeing a post in this thread might have assumed it was intended to refer to the $450 bonus.
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

neilpilot wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:59 am
FedGuy wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:56 am
Apples and Oranges. It seems that Old Guy posted a new account $500 bonus comment in this thread, which is supposed to be about the Existing Account $450 bonus.
Yep, two different offers got mixed into this thread.
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

Old Guy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:19 pm $500 showed up today. Can I close the account now or should I wait?
I have no direct experience with when it's safe to transfer your money out and/or close the account (I'm keeping the money in for now as the Performance Savings yield is better than my other options). What I've heard is that unless the terms & conditions say you must keep the account open for X days or something like that, it's okay to move your assets out.

One person mentioned at doctorofcredit that it's safe now - browse to https://www.doctorofcredit.com/capital- ... 0-deposit/ and scroll down to the comments section.

I assume this applies to the $450 existing customer offer as well.
neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

sycamore wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:06 pm
Old Guy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:19 pm $500 showed up today. Can I close the account now or should I wait?
I have no direct experience with when it's safe to transfer your money out and/or close the account (I'm keeping the money in for now as the Performance Savings yield is better than my other options). What I've heard is that unless the terms & conditions say you must keep the account open for X days or something like that, it's okay to move your assets out.

One person mentioned at doctorofcredit that it's safe now - browse to https://www.doctorofcredit.com/capital- ... 0-deposit/ and scroll down to the comments section.

I assume this applies to the $450 existing customer offer as well.
Assuming you are referring to the offer that required a balance retention thru 8/29, it's now safe to move the bulk of the assets. However, since the bonus may take up to 60 days to appear, I'd be reluctant to actually close the account until the bonus is posted.

With CapOne now down to 0.65%, I'd consider moving for a higher rate and/or bonus. So far I haven't seen an offer that much better that a move is justified in my case.
Last edited by neilpilot on Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

neilpilot wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:24 pm Assuming you are referring to the offer that required a balance retention thru 8/29, it's now safe to move the bulk of the assets. However, since the bonus may take up to 60 days to appear, I'd be reluctant to actually close the account until the bonus is posted.
Ditto, my plan is to wait until the bonus posts no matter what.
neilpilot wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:24 pm With CapOne now down to 0.65%, I'd consider moving for a higher rat and/or bonus. So far I haven't seen an offer that much better that a move is justified in my case.
Well, "rat" may be a bit strong but yes some people feel Capital One doesn't have the best reputation. jk :)
stvyreb

Post by stvyreb »

sadly, I seem to have missed the boat, because I have a grandfathered ING "360 Savings"(0.50%) vs. the new "high performance savings" (lol @0.65%).

I had actually moved a qualifying amount when the Covid money market was looking bad,

now, I'm wondering if I should bother with converted to the "high performance" version for 0.15%, all new customers will have to use the HPS version per phone call to 360COne today.

I asked him multiple times, any other reason to keep the original ING Orange grandfathered version, and he could not offer any. So, anyone know of any reason to or not to convert ?

PS: maybe I should look into some no penalty CD instead of the 0.65%, which I'm just keeping around as a "emergency" fund.
CardinalRule

Post by CardinalRule »

Cha-Ching! $450 posted on September 8. :thumbsup
FedGuy

Post by FedGuy »

I got mine today as well.
Leif

Post by Leif »

sycamore wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:40 pm
neilpilot wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:24 pm Assuming you are referring to the offer that required a balance retention thru 8/29, it's now safe to move the bulk of the assets. However, since the bonus may take up to 60 days to appear, I'd be reluctant to actually close the account until the bonus is posted.
Ditto, my plan is to wait until the bonus posts no matter what.
Same here for the SCORE500. Seems Cap1 is a bit below others for their rate. But all will be forgiven after the bonus. This can be home for my cash.
Escapevelocity

Post by Escapevelocity »

Now that the $450 is in the books I moved my $50k out to Citizens Access savings account which is paying 0.8% vs Cap One at 0.65%

The other advantage of moving the money out of Cap One is that the money is available to move back in if they repeat this offer or some variation of it.
Amhenn01

Post by Amhenn01 »

Woohoo! Got my bonus too. $450.

Thanks for the heads up Bogleheads.

Adam