CARES Act Above the Line Charitable Deduction: $300 or $600 for MFJ?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
Random Poster

CARES Act Above the Line Charitable Deduction: $300 or $600 for MFJ?

Post by Random Poster »

Section 2204 of the CARES Act amended the Internal Revenue Code by adding new § 62(a)(22) thereto, thereby allowing taxpayers who do not itemize deductions to deduct up to $300 for certain charitable gifts made in 2020.

Everything I've read from accounting websites essentially restates the above statement, limiting the deduction to a flat $300, with no qualification regarding what the amount is for those who file taxes as married filing jointly.

But most charity websites go further, with most of them stating that the deduction is $300 for an individual or $600 for those married filing jointly.

My hunch is that the charity websites interpretation is correct, but does anyone know if this new above-the-line deduction is, in fact, increased to $600 for a married filing jointly filer?

Thanks.
Flobes

Re: CARES Act Above the Line Charitable Deduction: $300 or $600 for MFJ?

Post by Flobes »

Here's the relevant section of the legislation:
SEC. 2204. ALLOWANCE OF PARTIAL ABOVE THE LINE DEDUCTION FOR CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS.
(a) IN GENERAL.—Section 62(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by
inserting after paragraph (21) the following new paragraph:
“(22) CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS.—In the case of taxable years beginning in 2020, the amount (not to exceed $300) of qualified charitable contributions made by an eligible individual during the taxable year.”.
(b) DEFINITIONS.—Section 62 of such Code is amended by adding at the end the following new subsection:
“(f) DEFINITIONS RELATING TO QUALIFIED CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS.—For purposes of subsection (a)(22)—

“(1) ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUAL.—The term ‘eligible individual’ means any individual who does not elect to itemize deductions.
“(2) QUALIFIED CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS.—The term ‘qualified charitable contribution’ means a charitable contribution (as defined in section 170(c))—
“(A) which is made in cash,
“(B) for which a deduction is allowable under section 170 (determined without
regard to subsection (b) thereof), and “(C) which is—
“(i) made to an organization described in section 170(b)(1)(A), and “(ii) not—
“(I) to an organization described in section 509(a)(3), or
“(II) for the establishment of a new, or maintenance of an existing, donor
advised fund (as defined in section 4966(d)(2)).
Such term shall not include any amount which is treated as a charitable contribution made in such taxable year by reason of subsection (b)(1)(G)(ii) or (d) (1) of section 170.”.
(c) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendments made by this section shall apply to taxable years beginning after December 31, 2019.
kaneohe

Post by kaneohe »

don't know the real answer but would be more inclined to believe the accountants than the charities who may wishfully be thinking ........and you're the one who takes the consequences.
FiveK

Post by FiveK »

Good question. Don't know the answer. Some reasons to think one way vs. another:
- Two MFS returns would each be able to take a $300 if not itemizing. MFS rules are rarely (never?) more favorable than MFJ, so MFJ should get $600.
- The IRA adjustment in §219(f)(2) specifically addresses "married individuals." The charitable adjustment language does not, so MFJ gets only $300.

So, ...?
ObliviousInvestor

Post by ObliviousInvestor »

As far as I can tell, it would be $600 if married filing jointly.

The CARES Act adds a new paragraph (22) to IRC 62(a). IRC 62 is the section that defines adjusted gross income. You can find it here:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/62

Note that it explains what adjusted gross income is for an individual. It doesn't say anything about married couples (except for the special rules for qualified performing artists).

And, with all of the other deductions listed in 62(a), when dealing with a married couple filing jointly, we simply add up the 62(a) deductions that Spouse A gets and the 62(a) deductions that Spouse B gets. For example, if they're both sole proprietors, we wouldn't hesitate at all to say that they can each claim their business-related deductions under 62(a)(1).

It seems to me that this new 62(a)(22) $300 deduction would work similarly, in the absence of language to the contrary.

As a separate matter, given the absence of language about spouses, if a couple were wanting to donate any amount above $300, I'd encourage them to split the contribution (e.g., $200 each for a $400 total contribution) rather than one person contributing the entire amount. Though if I'm right about the above point with it being a $600 combined limit (and I might not be right) I wouldn't be surprised to see regulations from Treasury allowing spouses to combine the calculation.
Mike Piper | Roth is a name, not an acronym.
samsoes

Post by samsoes »

Does the $300 "above the line" deduction reduce AGI (as does a CD early withdraw penalty), or is the $300 reduction applied after the AGI line (where taxable income is being calculated but above it)?

I'm asking since AGI is the focal point of the ACA premium tax credit calculation.
"Happiness Is Not My Companion" - Gen. Gouverneur K. Warren. | (Avatar is the statue of Gen. Warren atop Little Round Top @ Gettysburg National Military Park.)
ObliviousInvestor

samsoes wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:27 am Does the $300 "above the line" deduction reduce AGI (as does a CD early withdraw penalty), or is the $300 reduction applied after the AGI line (where taxable income is being calculated but above it)?

I'm asking since AGI is the focal point of the ACA premium tax credit calculation.
Above the line deductions reduce AGI. That's what is meant by "above the line" (i.e., they appear before the AGI line on Form 1040).

Some above the line deductions are added back when calculating MAGI. (And MAGI has many different definitions, as the add-backs are different for different provisions.) But the text of the CARES Act does not have any wording about the new 62(a)(22) deduction being added back for any other calculations.
SimonJester

CARES Act Charitable Giving Incentives Deduction

Post by SimonJester »

[Thread merged into here, see below. --admin LadyGeek]

So I read that part of the CARES Act allows those that take the standard deduction to claim an additional $300 Deduction for Charitable Donations. As I understand this is doubled for Married Filing Jointly.

Can anyone confirm this?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Skiandswim

Re: CARES Act Charitable Giving Incentives Deduction

Post by Skiandswim »

Good explanation of incentive from Make-A-Wish: https://wish.org/stimulus
Yes, $600 for married couple that use standard deductions (versus itemized deductions)
Topic Author
Random Poster

Post by Random Poster »

Asked and sorta answered here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=311331
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

Has anyone seen anything authoritative (ie. IRS) that the $300 is per taxpayer (therefore $600 for MFJ)?
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I merged SimonJester's thread into the on-going discussion.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Swimmer

Post by Swimmer »

jebmke wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:46 pm Has anyone seen anything authoritative (ie. IRS) that the $300 is per taxpayer (therefore $600 for MFJ)?
Just yesterday, I searched for this on the IRS website with no success. Likely operator error.
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

Swimmer wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:23 pm
jebmke wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:46 pm Has anyone seen anything authoritative (ie. IRS) that the $300 is per taxpayer (therefore $600 for MFJ)?
Just yesterday, I searched for this on the IRS website with no success. Likely operator error.
probably very few people at IRS working on anything but pumping out stimulus payments.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
Alan S.

Post by Alan S. »

Amended on 4/24/20:

Per a footnote in the Joint Committee Report on the CARES Act, the footnote is self explanatory:
76 Sec. 62(f)(1).
The $300 limit applies to the tax-filing unit. Thus, for example, married taxpayers who
file a joint return and do not elect to itemize deductions are allowed to deduct up to a total of $300 in qualified
charitable contributions on the joint return.
Last edited by Alan S. on Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WoodSpinner

Post by WoodSpinner »

Flobes wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:34 am Here's the relevant section of the legislation:
SEC. 2204. ALLOWANCE OF PARTIAL ABOVE THE LINE DEDUCTION FOR CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS.
(a) IN GENERAL.—Section 62(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by
inserting after paragraph (21) the following new paragraph:
“(22) CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS.—In the case of taxable years beginning in 2020, the amount (not to exceed $300) of qualified charitable contributions made by an eligible individual during the taxable year.”.
(b) DEFINITIONS.—Section 62 of such Code is amended by adding at the end the following new subsection:
“(f) DEFINITIONS RELATING TO QUALIFIED CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS.—For purposes of subsection (a)(22)—

“(1) ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUAL.—The term ‘eligible individual’ means any individual who does not elect to itemize deductions.
“(2) QUALIFIED CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS.—The term ‘qualified charitable contribution’ means a charitable contribution (as defined in section 170(c))—
“(A) which is made in cash,
“(B) for which a deduction is allowable under section 170 (determined without
regard to subsection (b) thereof), and “(C) which is—
“(i) made to an organization described in section 170(b)(1)(A), and “(ii) not—
“(I) to an organization described in section 509(a)(3), or
“(II) for the establishment of a new, or maintenance of an existing, donor
advised fund (as defined in section 4966(d)(2)).
Such term shall not include any amount which is treated as a charitable contribution made in such taxable year by reason of subsection (b)(1)(G)(ii) or (d) (1) of section 170.”.
(c) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendments made by this section shall apply to taxable years beginning after December 31, 2019.
I know I am not the brightest guy here, but DOES THIS ANSWER THE QUESTION? I honestly can’t tell....
Alan S.

Post by Alan S. »

Alan S. wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:18 pm
Amended on 4/24/20:
Per a footnote in the Joint Committee Report on the CARES Act, the footnote is self explanatory:
76 Sec. 62(f)(1).
The $300 limit applies to the tax-filing unit. Thus, for example, married taxpayers who
file a joint return and do not elect to itemize deductions are allowed to deduct up to a total of $300 in qualified
Therefore, it appears that $300 is the max deduction on an individual or joint return.
ObliviousInvestor

Alan S. wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:53 pm
Amended on 4/24/20:
76 Sec. 62(f)(1).
Therefore, it appears that $300 is the max deduction on an individual or joint return.
Wow. Consider me surprised. Thank you for posting this.

Here's the link for anybody interested (page 22):
https://www.jct.gov/publications.html?f ... wn&id=5256
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

FiveK wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:43 am Good question. Don't know the answer. Some reasons to think one way vs. another:
- Two MFS returns would each be able to take a $300 if not itemizing. MFS rules are rarely (never?) more favorable than MFJ, so MFJ should get $600.
- The IRA adjustment in §219(f)(2) specifically addresses "married individuals." The charitable adjustment language does not, so MFJ gets only $300.

So, ...?
Good points. I could have taken either side of this argument.

From previous posts in this thread, it looks like the $300 limitation also applies to married taxpayers filing jointly.

Who says that the tax code is entirely rational? Or is even internally consistent?
It's a GREAT day to be alive - Travis Tritt
Topic Author
Random Poster

Post by Random Poster »

Alan S. wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:53 pm
Amended on 4/24/20:
76 Sec. 62(f)(1).
Thanks for the update.

Clearly my hunch, and that of the charities’, was wrong.
FiveK

Post by FiveK »

Stinky wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:52 am Who says that the tax code is entirely rational? Or is even internally consistent?
Not I. ;)
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

Do the charitable contributions have to be in the form of cash to qualify for the CARES Act above-the-line deduction?

Would donations of household items to goodwill qualify for this deduction?
FiveK

Post by FiveK »

Kookaburra wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:30 am Do the charitable contributions have to be in the form of cash to qualify for the CARES Act above-the-line deduction?
Yes. See the actual language that includes "(A) which is made in cash," a few posts back.
arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. »

this may be a stupid question, but if someone does a QCD the amount of the QCD reduces the RMD that's taxable. So if an RMD is $1000 but someone does a QCD say of $400 it only makes $600 of the RMD taxable income.

Under the CARES act, is the $300 (of the $400 in the example above) ALSO able to be claimed as a charitable deduction that would normally be done if itimizing?

If yes, is that double dipping/counting? As it would reduce the income twice on the same deduction?
It's "Stay" the course, not Stray the Course. Buy and Hold works. You should really try it sometime. Get a plan: www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Investment_policy_statement
ObliviousInvestor

arcticpineapplecorp. wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:06 pm this may be a stupid question, but if someone does a QCD the amount of the QCD reduces the RMD that's taxable. So if an RMD is $1000 but someone does a QCD say of $400 it only makes $600 of the RMD taxable income.

Under the CARES act, is the $300 (of the $400 in the example above) ALSO able to be claimed as a charitable deduction that would normally be done if itimizing?

If yes, is that double dipping/counting? As it would reduce the income twice on the same deduction?
The new $300 62(a)(22) deduction is only for contributions "for which a deduction is allowable under section 170 (determined without regard to subsection (b) thereof)" -- that is, contributions for which you could claim an itemized deduction, ignoring the percentage-of-income limitations.

But you cannot claim itemized deductions for QCDs per 408(d)(8)(E). So no $300 above the line deduction for QCDs.

Edited to fix broken link.
Last edited by ObliviousInvestor on Wed May 06, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcticpineapplecorp.

ObliviousInvestor wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:35 pm
arcticpineapplecorp. wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:06 pm this may be a stupid question, but if someone does a QCD the amount of the QCD reduces the RMD that's taxable. So if an RMD is $1000 but someone does a QCD say of $400 it only makes $600 of the RMD taxable income.

The new $300 62(a)(22) deduction is only for contributions "for which a deduction is allowable under section 170 (determined without regard to subsection (b) thereof)" -- that is, contributions for which you could claim an itemized deduction, ignoring the percentage-of-income limitations.

But you cannot claim itemized deductions for QCDs per 408(d)(8)(E). So no $300 above the line deduction for QCDs.
thank you Mike. To follow up, if someone already did QCD (my mom did $800 earlier in the year), can she now make another $300 contribution (straight check written, not another QCD from IRA) to a charity and get the $300 above the line tax deduction?
It's "Stay" the course, not Stray the Course. Buy and Hold works. You should really try it sometime. Get a plan: www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Investment_policy_statement
ObliviousInvestor

arcticpineapplecorp. wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:39 pm

thank you Mike. To follow up, if someone already did QCD (my mom did $800 earlier in the year), can she now make another $300 contribution (straight check written, not another QCD from IRA) to a charity and get the $300 above the line tax deduction?
Having made a QCD in the same year would not prevent being able to take a deduction for a separate charitable contribution. So, "yes," provided that she meets the other requirements.
arcticpineapplecorp.

ObliviousInvestor wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:47 pm
arcticpineapplecorp. wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:39 pm

Having made a QCD in the same year would not prevent being able to take a deduction for a separate charitable contribution. So, "yes," provided that she meets the other requirements.
thanks Mike! You're great. I'll let her know. Much appreciated.
pshonore

Post by pshonore »

So would an MFS filer be limited to $150? (similar to cap loss and DCFSA contributions which are limited to 50% of the MFJ amount))
FiveK

Post by FiveK »

pshonore wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:02 pm So would an MFS filer be limited to $150? (similar to cap loss and DCFSA contributions which are limited to 50% of the MFJ amount))
"The $300 limit applies to the tax-filing unit." Seems MFS, single, HOH, and MFJ all get the $300 limit, but make of that what you will. :confused
Harry Livermore

Post by Harry Livermore »

Stinky wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:52 am
Who says that the tax code is entirely rational? Or is even internally consistent?
No one.
:sharebeer
Cheers
Rainmaker41

$300 deduction for charitable donations - how much if married filing joint?

Post by Rainmaker41 »

[Thread merged into here, see below. --admin LadyGeek]

Does the CARES Act allow those with married filing joint tax returns to deduct $600 in charitable donations if not itemizing?

Some sources say the individual amount is doubled to $600, some say the $300 applies per tax return, and some say the law is unclear with IRS guidance and/or Congressional clarification needed, for example:

https://www.philanthropy.com/article/Ho ... 300/248523

I read the text of the applicable section of the law itself and could not work it out. Any ideas?

This is a trivial matter, but still an interesting puzzle I guess.
sailaway

Re: $300 deduction for charitable donations - how much if married filing joint?

Post by sailaway »

The general consensus is that it is a flat $300 per return, not per tax payer.

It is always possible we will get clarification during tax filing season.
02nz

Post by 02nz »

sailaway wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:02 pm The general consensus is that it is a flat $300 per return, not per tax payer.

It is always possible we will get clarification during tax filing season.
Full text of law: https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... es-act.pdf

(a) IN GENERAL.—Section 62(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by inserting after paragraph (21) the following new paragraph: ‘‘(22) CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS.—In the case of taxable years beginning in 2020, the amount (not to exceed $300) of qualified charitable contributions made by an eligible individual during the taxable year.’’

Certainly reads like $600 for a couple to me.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I merged Rainmaker41's question into a similar discussion.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
FiveK

Post by FiveK »

02nz wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:08 pm Certainly reads like $600 for a couple to me.
See this post for the apparently definitive answer.
jjface

Post by jjface »

How authoritative/legal is the guidance? I mean it is pretty clear the text of the CARES Act /Tax Code refers to an "eligible individual" so the guidance put forward of it being limited to the "tax unit" sounds bonkers and just a misrepresentation of the law. Unless I am missing some case law that already defined an eligible individual to be a tax unit which would be odd.
FiveK

Post by FiveK »

jjface wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:29 pm How authoritative/legal is the guidance? I mean it is pretty clear the text of the CARES Act /Tax Code refers to an "eligible individual" so the guidance put forward of it being limited to the "tax unit" sounds bonkers and just a misrepresentation of the law. Unless I am missing some case law that already defined an eligible individual to be a tax unit which would be odd.
See this post for a link to the document Alan S. referenced.

The authors of the document were probably some of those who wrote the law so, bonkers or not, one would expect the IRS to follow that guidance.
whodidntante

Post by whodidntante »

jebmke wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:10 pm
Swimmer wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:23 pm
probably very few people at IRS working on anything but pumping out stimulus payments.
They are working on clawing back stimulus payments made to prisoners. Busy, busy!
whodidntante

Post by whodidntante »

Amended on 4/24/20:

76 Sec. 62(f)(1).
I can't say that I enjoy being referred to as a tax-filing unit. But it's not the worst thing I've been called, and at least it is fair. :D
jjface

Post by jjface »

FiveK wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:13 pm
jjface wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:29 pm How authoritative/legal is the guidance? I mean it is pretty clear the text of the CARES Act /Tax Code refers to an "eligible individual" so the guidance put forward of it being limited to the "tax unit" sounds bonkers and just a misrepresentation of the law. Unless I am missing some case law that already defined an eligible individual to be a tax unit which would be odd.
See this post for a link to the document Alan S. referenced.

The authors of the document were probably some of those who wrote the law so, bonkers or not, one would expect the IRS to follow that guidance.
True but It should be defensible if audited though not sure who would fight over a $300 deduction. However there is always someone willing to call them out on the letter of the law. If the powers that be want to redefine it they need to write it into law properly not just make it up as they go along but I guess they have been doing that a lot with the cares act eg ppp.
RustyShackleford

Post by RustyShackleford »

jjface wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:46 pm True but It should be defensible if audited though not sure who would fight over a $300 deduction.
I've always been a believer in the maxim that it's easier to get forgiveness than permission, but if in fact the limit is $300 even for MFJ, then Turbotax probably isn't going to let you claim $600.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

RustyShackleford wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:02 am
jjface wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:46 pm True but It should be defensible if audited though not sure who would fight over a $300 deduction.
I've always been a believer in the maxim that it's easier to get forgiveness than permission, but if in fact the limit is $300 even for MFJ, then Turbotax probably isn't going to let you claim $600.
I agree that TurboTax likely won’t allow $600 for MFJ.

And if a person submits a return prepared by hand, without commercial software, the IRS computers will likely kick it out. No audit necessary - just a “friendly letter” to the taxpayer from the IRS.
RustyShackleford

Post by RustyShackleford »

Stinky wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:26 am And if a person submits a return prepared by hand, without commercial software, the IRS computers will likely kick it out. No audit necessary - just a “friendly letter” to the taxpayer from the IRS.
Wow, you're saying IRS is more likely to further scrutinize a hand-written return ? Makes sense, I guess, because of the greater likelihood of arithmeti errors.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

RustyShackleford wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:37 pm
Stinky wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:26 am And if a person submits a return prepared by hand, without commercial software, the IRS computers will likely kick it out. No audit necessary - just a “friendly letter” to the taxpayer from the IRS.
Wow, you're saying IRS is more likely to further scrutinize a hand-written return ? Makes sense, I guess, because of the greater likelihood of arithmeti errors.
Not saying it’s more likely that a hand written return will be scrutinized. I would expect that all returns would be checked for things like this.

The only reason that I mentioned a hand written return is that a “hand writer” might try to take a $600 MFJ deduction, while TurboTax wouldn’t allow it.
CWRadio

CARES ACT New Deduction Available

Post by CWRadio »

[This thread has been merged into the existing thread on the topic- see below- Mod Misenplace]

I understand under the CARES act you can deduct $300 for single or $600 if you married for charity even if you use the standard deduction.
My question:
Can you still use a Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs)from your IRA to reduce your taxes for 2020?
Example: I took $500 from my IRA as a QCD for a local charity and also made a check to my local food pantry for $500 from my personal saving.
If I am married can I deduct both on my income tax form for 2020?
Thanks Paul
jebmke

Re: CARES ACT New Deduction Available

Post by jebmke »

Not sure but I think the amount is for $300 for single or married. At least that seems to be how the text of the legislation was written.

There have been some previous discussions on this and I am not sure how they ended up on this question.
Flobes

Re: CARES ACT New Deduction Available

Post by Flobes »

CWRadio wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:02 am Can you still use a Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs)from your IRA to reduce your taxes for 2020?
Yes.
CWRadio wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:02 am I understand under the CARES act you can deduct $300 for single or $600 if you married for charity even if you use the standard deduction.
jebmke wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:04 am Not sure but I think the amount is for $300 for single or married. At least that seems to be how the text of the legislation was written.

There have been some previous discussions on this and I am not sure how they ended up on this question.
Previous conversation: CARES Act Above the Line Charitable Deduction: $300 or $600 for MFJ?
Misenplace

Post by Misenplace »

CWRadio's thread has been merged into the existing discussion.

I think your QCD question was answered above, in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=2&p=5522080#p5234520