Vanguard website: Activity through date?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
bene1

Vanguard website: Activity through date?

Post by bene1 »

Hello. I have a Roth IRA at Vanguard. On the website, I'd like to see a summary of activity from January 1, 2020 to March 23, 2020. Looking for beginning balance, ending balance, contributions, investment returns. Similar to the Personal Performance page, but through a specific date. I can cobble some of these together from different pages, but the one that's got me stumped is investment returns through a specific date.

Can anyone share how to do this, or if possible? Thank you.
Topic Author
bene1

Re: Vanguard website: Activity through date?

Post by bene1 »

Bump. Any way to know where my Vanguard portfolio stood on March 23?
rkhusky

Post by rkhusky »

bene1 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:11 pm Bump. Any way to know where my Vanguard portfolio stood on March 23?
You can use a function like IRR or XIRR in a spreadsheet to do it. You can search BH for people discussing them.
Makefile

Post by Makefile »

bene1 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:35 am Hello. I have a Roth IRA at Vanguard. On the website, I'd like to see a summary of activity from January 1, 2020 to March 23, 2020. Looking for beginning balance, ending balance, contributions, investment returns. Similar to the Personal Performance page, but through a specific date. I can cobble some of these together from different pages, but the one that's got me stumped is investment returns through a specific date.

Can anyone share how to do this, or if possible? Thank you.
When I got to My Accounts -> Statements, there are three links right-aligned: Tax forms | Duplicate statements and transaction confirmations | More.

Clicking More, one of the options is an account valuation report or a transaction history report.

I'm guessing one of those two is what you are looking for.
sixty40

Post by sixty40 »

bene1 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:11 pm Bump. Any way to know where my Vanguard portfolio stood on March 23?
In the BALANCES AND HOLDINGS page, there are 3 tabs, the far right tab is BALANCES BY DATE. I use it all the time. The center tab allows you to compare your current YTD balance of each current holding to the beginning of the year.
Joe_R95

Post by Joe_R95 »

Personal performance page, just below the graph on the right there is a box that lets you choose the time frame. The default is "Since inception" click that then choose custom.