What credit card are you using that is not Citi 2% cashback?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
RomeoMustDie

Re: What credit card are you using that is not Citi 2% cashback?

Post by RomeoMustDie »

anoop wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 pm
HomeStretch wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:04 pm
anoop wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:33 pm
HomeStretch wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:43 am ETA: I like that the Fidelity Visa is a contactless/tap-and-pay card.
So is the Citi DC. I actually asked for a card without it previously for security reasons. But now they have issued an updated card with contactless tap-and-pay and I'm not able to get through to customer service.
Thanks for mentioning that as my Citi card (issued a couple years ago) doesn’t have that feature. I’ll have to request one.
You could also just add it to the wallet in your phone and then it becomes contactless in that way. I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to such things because of security.
Isn't it easy to dispute transactions with credit cards?
anoop

Post by anoop »

RomeoMustDie wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:41 pm
anoop wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 pm
HomeStretch wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:04 pm
anoop wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:33 pm
HomeStretch wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:43 am ETA: I like that the Fidelity Visa is a contactless/tap-and-pay card.
So is the Citi DC. I actually asked for a card without it previously for security reasons. But now they have issued an updated card with contactless tap-and-pay and I'm not able to get through to customer service.
Thanks for mentioning that as my Citi card (issued a couple years ago) doesn’t have that feature. I’ll have to request one.
You could also just add it to the wallet in your phone and then it becomes contactless in that way. I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to such things because of security.
Isn't it easy to dispute transactions with credit cards?
It is very easy, but I still prefer to just avoid it as much as possible.
frugaltigris

Post by frugaltigris »

Fidelity 2% cash back
jco

Post by jco »

Amazon Prime Visa for 5% back on Amazon/Whole Foods
CapitalOne Walmart Rewards for 5% on Walmart.com orders (including Walmart to Go, which we utilize heavily for groceries)
PenFeds Platinum Rewards for 5x points on gas (~ 4%? on gas)
First National Bank of Omaha (FNBO) for 2% on almost everything else
Discover Card for 1% (retained for credit history of almost 20 years)
dodecahedron

Post by dodecahedron »

j0nnyg1984 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:13 am Same cards as always

BoA cash rewards: 5.25% on gas, 3.5% on grocery
BoA premium rewards: 3.5% on travel and restaurants, 2.625% on everything else.

Fantastic combo.
I agree that´s a great combo, and that is what I primarily use EXCEPT that I do not waste the 5.25% category on gas. (I drive very little, especially these days, and buy very little gas.) Since Jan 2019, you have been able to choose the 5.25% category (and change that choice as frequently as monthly.) I usually have the 5.25% category set to online purchases. I actually have two BoA cash rewards cards, which allows me to have two different 5.25% categories at any given time.

In addition, I generally use Discover Card for its 5% quarterly categories (currently groceries, CVS, and another drugstore.)
Blue456

Post by Blue456 »

new2bogle wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:19 am I've been almost exclusively using the Citi Double cashback credit card which gives 2% cashback on all purchases. Only exceptions are AmEx 6% for groceries and Costco card for gas/costco purchases.

Now that the Citi double cashback card has removed all perks (warranty extension, purchase protection, etc) which card are you using that has as much cashback and also still has perks?

Only one I've found is https://www.alliantcreditunion.org/bank ... ature-card which also has a $99 annual fee but is 2.5% flat cashback.

ETA:
Breakeven on the Citi 2% vs. the alliant 2.5% is $20k spend per year. Our CC spend is closer to $30k/year.
We use Chase Freedom which gives 2.25% cash back when combined with CSR. The fee on CSR skyrocketed this year and I calculated that now Chase Freedom gives 1.50% after the fee is included in the cash back. While 1.5% is inferior to Citi DC, we have a joined checking and savings accounts at Chase and it just makes our banking more convenient.
Cruz

Post by Cruz »

dropdx wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:58 am I'm looking at getting the Wells Fargo Propel card:

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/propel/

Earn 3x points on:
  • Eating out and ordering in
  • Gas stations, rideshares, and transit
  • Flights, hotels, homestays, and car rentals
  • Popular streaming services
I've been debating getting the Wells Fargo Propel for dining and travel, primarily because it has no foreign transaction fee or annual fee. I have the Amex Blue Cash Preferred already, may get the Fidelity or Citi card for the rest of my spending. Let me know if you get the Propel card, and how you like it.
dropdx

Post by dropdx »

Cruz wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:37 pm
dropdx wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:58 am I'm looking at getting the Wells Fargo Propel card:

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/propel/

Earn 3x points on:
  • Eating out and ordering in
  • Gas stations, rideshares, and transit
  • Flights, hotels, homestays, and car rentals
  • Popular streaming services
I've been debating getting the Wells Fargo Propel for dining and travel, primarily because it has no foreign transaction fee or annual fee. I have the Amex Blue Cash Preferred already, may get the Fidelity or Citi card for the rest of my spending. Let me know if you get the Propel card, and how you like it.
My brother got it for the no foreign transaction fees. He said he really likes it and gets good points with it.