Getting through to Equifax

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
statman

Getting through to Equifax

Post by statman »

Time to review credit files. Experian and TransUnion present no problems. Equifax is a stone wall. Because I experienced this regularly, let me call it Scenario A: Call Equifax, give cell #, SS#, numerical address, and zip code. The robot then asks a series of questions "your credit file suggests", to all of which the answer is "none of the above", suggesting that my credit file is full of erroneous information. "You have a student loan" - I'm 80 years old. "You have an auto loan" - I have never borrowed money for a car. And so on. Then cut off for not providing the erroneous info the robot wants.

So. When I first attempted to log in using my past ID and passwd, got "can't help you now, please call." Result was scenario A. Tried reset password, entering volumes of data including full address. Result: we will mail you a verification code. When code arrived, went to the designated site and entered email and code. "Welcome to Equifax." Sounded good. Past passwd still not recognized, went to reset link. Reset password, was invited to log in. Result "can't help you, please call." This led of course to Scenario A once more.

I've told Equifax everything about me, more than I want to, and still can't penetrate the robot wall to reach a human. Any suggestions?
ARoseByAnyOtherName

Re: Getting through to Equifax

Post by ARoseByAnyOtherName »

Maybe write a physical letter (preferred) and or an email to their CEO? Many companies have an executive escalations department who are pretty decent at helping people out of stock situations. Play up that you’re a senior, etc.
gwe67

Post by gwe67 »

Equifax is intentionally preventing consumers from obtaining their free credit reports. They should be put out of business.
Support this site with a purchase thru Amazon: | http://www.amazon.com/s/?search-alias=aps&tag=bogleheads.org-20&field-keywords=Bogleheads
ARoseByAnyOtherName

gwe67 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:57 pm Equifax is intentionally preventing consumers from obtaining their free credit reports. They should be put out of business.
Sure but this is totally not helpful in answering OPs question.
ARoseByAnyOtherName

statman wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:40 pm Time to review credit files. Experian and TransUnion present no problems. Equifax is a stone wall. Because I experienced this regularly, let me call it Scenario A: Call Equifax, give cell #, SS#, numerical address, and zip code. The robot then asks a series of questions "your credit file suggests", to all of which the answer is "none of the above", suggesting that my credit file is full of erroneous information. "You have a student loan" - I'm 80 years old. "You have an auto loan" - I have never borrowed money for a car. And so on. Then cut off for not providing the erroneous info the robot wants.

So. When I first attempted to log in using my past ID and passwd, got "can't help you now, please call." Result was scenario A. Tried reset password, entering volumes of data including full address. Result: we will mail you a verification code. When code arrived, went to the designated site and entered email and code. "Welcome to Equifax." Sounded good. Past passwd still not recognized, went to reset link. Reset password, was invited to log in. Result "can't help you, please call." This led of course to Scenario A once more.

I've told Equifax everything about me, more than I want to, and still can't penetrate the robot wall to reach a human. Any suggestions?
In addition to the letter to the CEO as mentioned above, maybe a complaint with the appropriate regulatory agency whatever it is?
LeftCoast

Post by LeftCoast »

Equifax is a horrible company. I got through on the telephone, only to be told that I can't have an online account to unfreeze and re-freeze my credit file. Equifax wouldn't say why I can't have an online account, only that I am banned for life, with no appeal. I sent an email to their head of customer service, and got no response. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and they replied "no, you can't have an online account, and we won't tell you why, now go away". They are not accountable, and should be put out of business. By the way, my FICO score is over 800. Good luck trying to get them to do anything.
TheLaughingCow

Post by TheLaughingCow »

I have had a similar experience with Equifax when trying to unfreeze my credit. I doubt a letter to their CEO will do much since to them we are not the customer, we are the product.
modest_man

Post by modest_man »

I faced similar issues but was able to resolve it by using some numbers I received via gethuman.com.

It took more time than it should have, but I was finally able to gain access to my online account.
ARoseByAnyOtherName

LeftCoast wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:34 pm Equifax is a horrible company. I got through on the telephone, only to be told that I can't have an online account to unfreeze and re-freeze my credit file. Equifax wouldn't say why I can't have an online account, only that I am banned for life, with no appeal. I sent an email to their head of customer service, and got no response. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and they replied "no, you can't have an online account, and we won't tell you why, now go away".
As much as I dislike Equifax I feel like a lot of forum posts that start this way end with the poster fessing up to things like "sure my weekend hobby is smuggling illegal arms into North Korea in violation of 4,347 intentional treaties, so what, why should that affect my ability to get an online Equifax account! THOSE JERKS!"

So... uh, yeah.
ARoseByAnyOtherName

modest_man wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:18 pm I faced similar issues but was able to resolve it by using some numbers I received via gethuman.com.

It took more time than it should have, but I was finally able to gain access to my online account.
Try what modest_man says first.
beyou

Post by beyou »

ARoseByAnyOtherName wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:19 pm
LeftCoast wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:34 pm Equifax is a horrible company. I got through on the telephone, only to be told that I can't have an online account to unfreeze and re-freeze my credit file. Equifax wouldn't say why I can't have an online account, only that I am banned for life, with no appeal. I sent an email to their head of customer service, and got no response. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and they replied "no, you can't have an online account, and we won't tell you why, now go away".
As much as I dislike Equifax I feel like a lot of forum posts that start this way end with the poster fessing up to things like "sure my weekend hobby is smuggling illegal arms into North Korea in violation of 4,347 intentional treaties, so what, why should that affect my ability to get an online Equifax account! THOSE JERKS!"

So... uh, yeah.
Not in this case. We experienced same exact symptoms.
Dumb challenge questions most of which “none of above” was the only correct response. Finally got humans and they tell you to mail in documentation to confirm identity. They have no record of receipt, tell me to mail to a different dept at same address, which I do, and weeks later still no record of receipt, still no way to see credit report. Fortunately I had frozen equifax years ago.

I believe we should all boycott Equifax. By this I mean freeze and NEVER UNFREEZE. They make money selling your data, don’t let them ! When a bank asks me to unfreeze, I ask them which one. If Transunion or Experian, I happily oblige. If Equifax, I tell them I am not doing business with anyone that does business with Equifax.
ARoseByAnyOtherName

beyou wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:15 am

So... uh, yeah.
Dumb challenge questions most of which “none of above” was the only correct response. Finally got humans and they tell you to mail in documentation to confirm identity. They have no record of receipt, tell me to mail to a different dept at same address, which I do, and weeks later still no record of receipt, still no way to see credit report. Fortunately I had frozen equifax years ago.

I believe we should all boycott Equifax. By this I mean freeze and NEVER UNFREEZE. They make money selling your data, don’t let them ! When a bank asks me to unfreeze, I ask them which one. If Transunion or Experian, I happily oblige. If Equifax, I tell them I am not doing business with anyone that does business with Equifax.
Good for you. At the banks that use Equifax what happens when you tell them that? Do they use another credit bureau or are you just of of luck?
Monster99

Post by Monster99 »

Unfortunately, SS uses Equifax - I froze my credit and my wife's back in 2014 after a breach of Anthem. We can't set up her online SS account because they use Equifax and I am having the same issue as the OP.
UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy »

Monster99 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:58 am Unfortunately, SS uses Equifax - I froze my credit and my wife's back in 2014 after a breach of Anthem. We can't set up her online SS account because they use Equifax and I am having the same issue as the OP.
+1
beyou

Post by beyou »

Monster99 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:58 am Unfortunately, SS uses Equifax - I froze my credit and my wife's back in 2014 after a breach of Anthem. We can't set up her online SS account because they use Equifax and I am having the same issue as the OP.
Well since SS has no competition, suppose I may have to make an exception for them, if still necessary and possible when the time comes. Fortunately for me I can freeze and unfreeze, my issue is that I cannot access my own credit report. They can sell to others but not let me see it.

Note per AARP site, you can instead go to SS office in person, rather than validate using credit reports online. I already setup mine online a while ago, but for anyone unable to unfreeze, this is an option if they still use Equifax. I did find a link indicating use of Experian by SS, but it was a 5 year old post so may not be valid. More current info :

https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-02711

https://www.ssa.gov/hlp/mySSA/df-idverification.html
Last edited by beyou on Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
beyou

Post by beyou »

ARoseByAnyOtherName wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:34 am

So... uh, yeah.

Good for you. At the banks that use Equifax what happens when you tell them that? Do they use another credit bureau or are you just of of luck?
THEY are out if luck and lose my business. There are lots of banks out there.
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

ARoseByAnyOtherName wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:34 am...At the banks that use Equifax what happens when you tell them that? Do they use another credit bureau or are you just of of luck?...
When the Equifax breach broke, I put credit freezes on Equifax, Transunion, Experian, Innovis, and Chexsystems. I'd kind of forgotten about it at one point. Within the last couple of years, I wanted to open an account at a local bank. During the signup process, they said there was a glitch. After some phone calls to the home office, they said it was because I had put a credit freeze--I think it was with ChexSystems.

I started to say "oh bother, I'll have to go home and figure out how to unfreeze it" but they said "Oh, no, no, we just need to ask you a few more questions." They did, they called the home office again, got an OK, and opened the account.

Now, to be clear, I've lived at the same address for several decades, wanted to make an initial deposit in the mid five figures, etc. But apparently they can use their judgement and don't necessarily need ChexSystems.

I was actually please to know that the credit freeze was working.

On the other hand, I've had to use cumbersome procedures--the combination of credit freezes and an offbrand cell phone (TracFone) do cause problems establishing identity. Often they have a way to get around it, such as mailing a paper verification code so that you can demonstrate that you have physical access to the mailbox at the house at 1234 Main Street, Zenith, Winnemac 55555. I once had a problem getting access to my Social Security account online for that reason. I have access now--I just checked--and I got it without unfreezing my credit, but I don't remember just how that worked.
Last edited by nisiprius on Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
OpenMinded1

Post by OpenMinded1 »

statman wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:40 pm Time to review credit files. Experian and TransUnion present no problems. Equifax is a stone wall. Because I experienced this regularly, let me call it Scenario A: Call Equifax, give cell #, SS#, numerical address, and zip code. The robot then asks a series of questions "your credit file suggests", to all of which the answer is "none of the above", suggesting that my credit file is full of erroneous information. "You have a student loan" - I'm 80 years old. "You have an auto loan" - I have never borrowed money for a car. And so on. Then cut off for not providing the erroneous info the robot wants.

I went thru much the same thing with Equifax the last time I tried to unlock my credit freeze. My wife and I worked on it off and on for three days before finally getting it unlocked. At this point, I don't remember how we got thru the security questions. Do remember that the questions asked by a person (rather than a bot) were more difficult because they were fill in the blank rather than multiple choice. Also, the questions were unreasonably difficult. For example, they wanted to know what bank provided a home equity line of credit for me that I had closed 15 to 20 years ago, and had never used. I filed a complaint with the BBB.
OpenMinded1

Post by OpenMinded1 »

I have freezes in place at Experian, Equifax, and Transunion. Does anybody know if I have to lift the freezes on all three to stand a chance of quickly getting approved for a credit card online, or could I just lift it on Experian and Transunion?
nydoc

Post by nydoc »

Equifax is horrible. Do everything to permanently unfreeze the credit file with them so you don’t have deal with them again. Keep an close eye on your credit profile and hope for the best.
TheLaughingCow

Post by TheLaughingCow »

OpenMinded1 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:39 am I have freezes in place at Experian, Equifax, and Transunion. Does anybody know if I have to lift the freezes on all three to stand a chance of quickly getting approved for a credit card online, or could I just lift it on Experian and Transunion?
Research which credit bureaus the company uses. For larger companies you can Google the information. For smaller ones, the reps will know if you call and ask. Often they will use only one of the 3 bureaus and you will only need to unfreeze that one.
jchris

Post by jchris »

OP - I went through the exact same process with Equifax over the last month or so. Incredibly frustrating. The "myEquifax" customer service line eventually froze me out completely, so I called a different Equifax customer service line at this number: 1-866-640-2273. I was eventually able to speak with a person who was willing to help me unlock my account. They first asked a bunch of questions to verify my identity, but unlike the ridiculous questions asked by their automated identity verification system, they were questions that I could actually answer - for example, tell us the current monthly payment due on a couple of your credit cards, tell us the most recent purchase you made on this or that card, etc. The person on the other end was clearly looking at my account in real time and making up these questions as she went. After identity verification they unlocked my account, and I was able to log in and get to the credit freeze/unfreeze menu, etc. So you might try calling that number.
ARoseByAnyOtherName

beyou wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:16 am
ARoseByAnyOtherName wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:34 am

So... uh, yeah.

THEY are out if luck and lose my business. There are lots of banks out there.
Good on you, that’s a great way to go about things. It sounds like it’s never been a critical problem, like you HAVE to open an account with a provider for some reason and they HAVE to do an Equifax credit pull.

When I got my mortgage they did credit pulls of course but I don’t think it was from all the big 3, I don’t remember which ones though.
ARoseByAnyOtherName

nisiprius wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:17 am
ARoseByAnyOtherName wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:34 am...At the banks that use Equifax what happens when you tell them that? Do they use another credit bureau or are you just of of luck?...
When the Equifax breach broke, I put credit freezes on Equifax, Transunion, Experian, Innovis, and Chexsystems. I'd kind of forgotten about it at one point. Within the last couple of years, I wanted to open an account at a local bank. During the signup process, they said there was a glitch. After some phone calls to the home office, they said it was because I had put a credit freeze--I think it was with ChexSystems.

I started to say "oh bother, I'll have to go home and figure out how to unfreeze it" but they said "Oh, no, no, we just need to ask you a few more questions." They did, they called the home office again, got an OK, and opened the account.

Now, to be clear, I've lived at the same address for several decades, wanted to make an initial deposit in the mid five figures, etc. But apparently they can use their judgement and don't necessarily need ChexSystems.

I was actually please to know that the credit freeze was working.

On the other hand, I've had to use cumbersome procedures--the combination of credit freezes and an offbrand cell phone (TracFone) do cause problems establishing identity. Often they have a way to get around it, such as mailing a paper verification code so that you can demonstrate that you have physical access to the mailbox at the house at 1234 Main Street, Zenith, Winnemac 55555. I once had a problem getting access to my Social Security account online for that reason. I have access now--I just checked--and I got it without unfreezing my credit, but I don't remember just how that worked.
I put credit freezes on at the big 3 plus Innovis. I lifted them online temporarily when I got a mortgage. I haven’t had the problems with Equifax that other posters have in this thread though.

Other than the mortgage it hasn’t been any inconvenience for me. That’s great that your local bank has apparently same verification procedures.

RE social security, a poster in another thread I think mentioned going to them in person to verify identity. Did you do that?
beyou

Post by beyou »

jchris wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:22 am OP - I went through the exact same process with Equifax over the last month or so. Incredibly frustrating. The "myEquifax" customer service line eventually froze me out completely, so I called a different Equifax customer service line at this number: 1-866-640-2273. I was eventually able to speak with a person who was willing to help me unlock my account. They first asked a bunch of questions to verify my identity, but unlike the ridiculous questions asked by their automated identity verification system, they were questions that I could actually answer - for example, tell us the current monthly payment due on a couple of your credit cards, tell us the most recent purchase you made on this or that card, etc. The person on the other end was clearly looking at my account in real time and making up these questions as she went. After identity verification they unlocked my account, and I was able to log in and get to the credit freeze/unfreeze menu, etc. So you might try calling that number.
I went through that many times and never got access to credit reports. For some reason they allow me to freeze/unfreeze online but NOT see my credit report. Dumb.
SchruteB&B

Post by SchruteB&B »

I would file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. This article indicates not being able to get a credit report is one of the specific issues they will assist consumers with.
https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-u ... reporting/
OpenMinded1

Post by OpenMinded1 »

Like I said in my previous post, I've had a lot of problems with them as well. One thing that can help with getting thru the security questions is having a recent credit report from one of the other companies handy when you call them. I just got done verifying my ID with them by answering the security questions. Ironically the automated telephone system said that it might be helpful to have my Equifax credit report on hand before trying to answer the questions. Kind of a catch 22. I'm answering the questions to unlock my credit report, but need my credit report to answer the questions. :D

They wouldn't let me do it online by the way. After jumping thru a bunch of hoops, it said to give them a call. It is maddening.
OpenMinded1

Post by OpenMinded1 »

I'm not sticking up for them. They are ridiculous. But it probably has alot to do with the big Equifax security breach a few years ago. That may be the reason for the high security, including some not being able to complete certain task with Equifax online. They won't let me do that either.
Monster99

Post by Monster99 »

beyou wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:14 am
Well since SS has no competition, suppose I may have to make an exception for them, if still necessary and possible when the time comes. Fortunately for me I can freeze and unfreeze, my issue is that I cannot access my own credit report. They can sell to others but not let me see it.

Note per AARP site, you can instead go to SS office in person, rather than validate using credit reports online. I already setup mine online a while ago, but for anyone unable to unfreeze, this is an option if they still use Equifax. I did find a link indicating use of Experian by SS, but it was a 5 year old post so may not be valid. More current info :

https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-02711

https://www.ssa.gov/hlp/mySSA/df-idverification.html
What was really frustrating was that we just got back from the Social Security office after signing up the DW for Medicare - and the help email from the SSA said to make an appointment to get help with signing up for the online Social Security account! :\
OpenMinded1

Post by OpenMinded1 »

You might try this link: https://www.equifax.com/equifax-complet ... gIF7vD_BwE

I tried going to a site to get the three free annual credit reports everybody is entitled to. Anyway, everything went fine at the site (different than the link above) until I got to the Equifax section. Like happened to you, it asked me a bunch of questions that I had to answer "None of the above to." Then it said that, to get my credit report, I would have to complete a form, attach a bunch of documents, and send everything snail mail.

So I went to the Equifax site at the link above. For a buck I got a credit report from all three of the major credit report companies including Equifax. It's 24 pages long. You have to call within a week to cancel, or you will get charged $20 a month until you cancel. So make a note of the number you have to call to cancel. Ironically I think all this is provided by Equifax. However, getting the report this way was quick and easy. Didn't ask all the questions.
OpenMinded1

Post by OpenMinded1 »

OpenMinded1 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:08 pm

You might try this link: https://www.equifax.com/equifax-complet ... gIF7vD_BwE

I tried going to a site to get the three free annual credit reports everybody is entitled to. Anyway, everything went fine at the site (different than the link above) until I got to the Equifax section. Like happened to you, it asked me a bunch of questions that I had to answer "None of the above to." Then it said that, to get my credit report, I would have to complete a form, attach a bunch of documents, and send everything snail mail.

So I went to the Equifax site at the link above. For a buck I got a credit report from all three of the major credit report companies including Equifax. It's 24 pages long. You have to call within a week to cancel, or you will get charged $20 a month until you cancel. So make a note of the number you have to call to cancel. Ironically I think all this is provided by Equifax. However, getting the report this way was quick and easy. Didn't ask all the questions.
By the way, even though I had to answer "none of the above" to a bunch of security questions as detailed above, there was no activity on my report that I didn't expect to be there. Everything was OK. I was concerned too when I got a bunch of questions that didn't have anything to do with things I was involved with.
Harry Livermore

Post by Harry Livermore »

I have a 7-year freeze, so had to go to my local SSA office to set it up. The Social Security folks were great; very helpful and fast. Yes, I had to get there early and wait in a line and take a ticket. And I brought a birth certificate, original SSA card, passport, and 6 different utility/ mortgage/ bank type statements to prove my identity. So yes, a bit of a pain. But the SSA end of it was OK.
I agree that Equifax is the worst of a bad bunch. That is to say, the other two are pretty bad. But Equifax takes the cake.
Cheers
Duckie

Post by Duckie »

Harry Livermore wrote:And I brought a birth certificate, original SSA card, passport, and 6 different utility/ mortgage/ bank type statements to prove my identity.
How much of that did they actually need? Did they look at it all?
Harry Livermore

Post by Harry Livermore »

This was a few years ago, but if I recall, they wanted to see the birth certificate and one form of ID. So passport I suppose. Our state has Real ID driver's licenses, and has for some time, so I bet that would have sufficed. She also looked at my original SSA card but not sure that was necessary. I can't remember if they wanted bills/ statements. Usually if you are establishing identity/ address, institutions like to see 2 of those. I just wanted to be prepared. It may have been a case of "if you don't have a birth certificate, bring the following..."
I just did a quick Google search, and the SSA website does not have any specific instructions other than "call the 800 number". So I guess anyone reading this should check with the SSA to be sure what's required, and not rely on my fuzzy memory :happy
I did remember that, as part of the process, the nice lady gave me a temporary password, or access code, and when I got home I logged in and changed it.
My wife went ahead and did it online with no issues recently. She's a teacher and won't get much of a payout due to the WEP, but we were curious to get an update on that future monthly number.
Cheers
beyou

Post by beyou »

I sent all the required ID to the address they requested twice and they claimed they did not receive.
So a third time I sent certified mail, and surprise surprise, they responded by sending a credit report in the mail AND unlocking the ability
to see them online.

It is clear they do the bare minimum, I don't understand how they are allowed to remain in this business.
Pax

Post by Pax »

I just spent almost one hour trying to Freeze my account. The question were so bogus. "in 2016 you opened a credit card, who is the bank.. and variations on names are given, none sound legit". I have like 5 to 8 credit cards.
I got nowhere. If this what it takes to unfreeze the account, later on, I am better of leaving frozen.
3of10

Post by 3of10 »

I had done a freeze years ago with Equifax and received a pin #. When I tried last month to unfreeze, I was told that the pin # procedure could no longer be used and I had to set up a myEquifax account to do the unfreeze. I was unable to set up the account online. So, I contacted Equifax by phone to do the unfreeze. It was a disaster. The online voice automation couldn't confirm who I was, and talking to a live rep was worse.

He told me that because I failed the online verification test, I needed to either mail in, or fax to them personal info in order to get the unfreeze done. I didn't like either option. So, I thought about it further and decided to resolve the issue of not being able to set up an account. I then contacted Equifax again by phone, and this time selected the "having trouble setting up the myEquifax account" option. I was then put in touch with a live rep who worked with me in successfully setting up, and activating the account.

With that done, I could now go into my "myEquifax" acct and do the unfreeze. I used the same tactics for my DW and it worked for her. With my account established, I could also review my credit report. I don't know if this addresses your issue, but it might help someone else.
Duckie

Post by Duckie »

3of10 wrote:I had done a freeze years ago with Equifax and received a pin #.
Me, too.
When I tried last month to unfreeze, I was told that the pin # procedure could no longer be used and I had to set up a myEquifax account to do the unfreeze. I was unable to set up the account online.
Me, too. I set it up a while ago but couldn't finish the final verification step.
I then contacted Equifax again by phone, and this time selected the "having trouble setting up the myEquifax account" option. I was then put in touch with a live rep who worked with me in successfully setting up, and activating the account.
I just did this at 888-836-6351 (found bottom of this page). It took about 15 minutes. The first part was hitting numbers on the phone several times to get through the automated section and the next part was explaining my situation to a very helpful lady. She asked a lot of questions, sometimes repeating them. I had the paperwork/PDFs in front of me so I could be specific about accounts, numbers, and dates. Once she confirmed my identity she unlocked the myEquifax account I had previously set up. Fortunately I had written down the user/password information before and saved it even when it didn't work.
With that done, I could now go into my "myEquifax" acct and do the unfreeze.
Yup.
I don't know if this addresses your issue, but it might help someone else.
It sure helped me. Thank you.
testing321

Post by testing321 »

I always have one or two CRAs that don't work online. So I download the pdf form from annualcreditreport.com and sent it in by postal mail and about two weeks later I get my report.