TaxAct and great Customer Service

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
Busdrvr

TaxAct and great Customer Service

Post by Busdrvr »

When you get great customer service I think its right to spread the word.

Yesterday I called Tax Acts 800 line to ask whether or not I could switch plans. Originally I had signed up for the Premier Online product through the Fidelity portal which was advertising a discount and since I have used them for years I went ahead. $19 for Federal. The attached State return was going to cost another $40 though. I do our return and generally the 3 kids' as well.

I learned later that the Premier download edition($100) allows 5 Federal and 5 State and all the associated E-Files. So I called CS and spoke to a gentleman who gave me the option to switch to the Download product. He offered to refund the $60 I'd already paid ...GREAT
Then he gave me a discount on the premier Download product that brought the price down to $60 plus tax. BONUS

Now THAT'S great customer service!!
Billionaire

Re: TaxAct and great Customer Service

Post by Billionaire »

Well that's interesting. Just last night and this morning I had a not so pleasant experience with them via chat. Since they couldn't answer my question, it was suggested that I call the IRS. I can't even find the 800 number for them. Care to share it?
Flobes

Post by Flobes »

Billionaire wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:02 pm Just last night and this morning I had a not so pleasant experience with them via chat... I can't even find the 800 number for them. Care to share it?
I've also enjoyed great customer service when calling Tax Act. Phone (319) 373-3600.

FWIW, I've rarely had a good experience using customer service chat, no matter the company.
Topic Author
Busdrvr

Post by Busdrvr »

Flobes wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:18 pm
Billionaire wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:02 pm Just last night and this morning I had a not so pleasant experience with them via chat... I can't even find the 800 number for them. Care to share it?
I've also enjoyed great customer service when calling Tax Act. Phone (319) 373-3600.

FWIW, I've rarely had a good experience using customer service chat, no matter the company.
Thanks...Thats the right number...sorry was not technically an 800#
Billionaire

Post by Billionaire »

I spoke with technical support, tax assistance and finally customer service and ended up with a 50% discount on the cost of filing a Form 1041 for a trust. Thanks.