H&R Block deluxe tax+state+fed efile: $20 at Amazon

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
dual

H&R Block deluxe tax+state+fed efile: $20 at Amazon

Post by dual »

https://www.amazon.com/Block-Software-D ... B07YH24MYL

Deal has been up since yesterday so snooze and you lose

edit: 1/20/20 2148 PST deal is dead. Hope you got yours :wink:
Last edited by dual on Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
boglegirl

Re: H&R Block deluxe tax+state+fed efile: $20 at Amazon

Post by boglegirl »

Thank you! I was pleasantly surprised to find that the cost was the same for the Mac download.
minesweep

Post by minesweep »

There was an alert at another H&R Block posting yesterday. I ordered yesterday and it's been shipped today. I thought it might disappear today because I believe it was only on for one day on Black Friday (or was it Cyber Monday?). I used Tax Act the last several years and was waiting for a similar discount like they had in prior years (thought it would have happened by now). The downside is I have to enter some information that I wouldn't have to do with Tax Act (because it brings it over from last year's return). Not a big deal for me.
Time is your friend; impulse is your enemy - John Bogle | Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others, it's cheaper! - John Bogle
ThereAreNoGurus

Post by ThereAreNoGurus »

I paid $25 for mine a while back... I'm going to have to seek counseling.
Trade the news and you will lose.
Trader Joe

Post by Trader Joe »

dual wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:45 pm https://www.amazon.com/Block-Software-D ... B07YH24MYL

Deal has been up since yesterday so snooze and you lose
Does it include "Peace Of Mind".
MnD

Post by MnD »

Still good as of Sunday night.
I hit it and the 4% bonus on a small refund will be gravy.
70/30 AA for life, Global market cap equity. Rebalance if fixed income <25% or >35%. Weighted ER< .10%. 5% of annual portfolio balance SWR, Proportional (to AA) withdrawals.
gas_balloon

Post by gas_balloon »

Anyone switched from TurboTax can tell if you can import the .ttax file from last year fine in H&R?
dodecahedron

Post by dodecahedron »

walletless wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:12 am Anyone switched from TurboTax can tell if you can import the .ttax file from last year fine in H&R?
yes
Rob54keep

Post by Rob54keep »

H&R tax software is delayed in their updates. Currently their software is incorrect whilst FreeTaxUSA appears to be ok. This isn't rocket science, I'm not sure why they are so slow in getting their product to work.
hmw

Post by hmw »

Can anyone who already purchased a H&R Block deluxe version tell me if the software is able to handle/e file multiple copies of form 8938 for foreign accounts? I used the deluxe version several years ago and it was not able to handle more than 2 foreign accounts.

viewtopic.php?t=159802

thanks
MisterBill

Post by MisterBill »

Rob54keep wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:10 am H&R tax software is delayed in their updates. Currently their software is incorrect whilst FreeTaxUSA appears to be ok. This isn't rocket science, I'm not sure why they are so slow in getting their product to work.
Tax software is never completely finished and ready to file this early. It's not like the vast majority of people have their info yet, anyway. And while it may not be rocket science, it's not as trivial as you apparently think it is. Also, exactly what is incorrect in it?
dodecahedron

Post by dodecahedron »

MisterBill wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:54 pm
Rob54keep wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:10 am H&R tax software is delayed in their updates. Currently their software is incorrect whilst FreeTaxUSA appears to be ok. This isn't rocket science, I'm not sure why they are so slow in getting their product to work.
Tax software is never completely finished and ready to file this early. It's not like the vast majority of people have their info yet, anyway. And while it may not be rocket science, it's not as trivial as you apparently think it is. Also, exactly what is incorrect in it?
Congress passed last minute extenders right before Christmas, some of which affected certain lines on 2019 returns. The IRS needed to issue some last minute changes to the efile protocols once that law got passed. Some states are slow to approve the state version of the software (which can sometimes have interaction effects with the late federal changes.) It will be something of a miracle if the software is actually ready when the IRS opens their efile season later this month.

I am certainly not in a hurry to file my own tax return. I will wait until all (hopefully) or most (realistically) of the issues in the last minute updates have been fully debugged and implemented.
MisterBill

Post by MisterBill »

dodecahedron wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:50 pm I am certainly not in a hurry to file my own tax return. I will wait until all (hopefully) or most (realistically) of the issues in the last minute updates have been fully debugged and implemented.
The only tax forms I've received are from Discover Bank. When I try to download anything else, Turbotax tells me that it will not be available until 2/1 or later. So I'm not going to be filing anytime soon, either.

Also, the other tax prep software he mentioned is a website. Much easier to roll out small fixes on a website. With download software, they batch them up once a week (or less frequently). And they're certainly not marked as fully functional for filing yet.