My LenderFi refinance is going well

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
BrandonBogle

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by BrandonBogle »

VSPD1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:57 pm Lenderfi asked us to sign a document which says we should not refinance until 6 months, in case if we refinance we have to pay lender credits back, and in case if interest rates are lower after 6 months they will refinance free of cost.
Was this a document at closing or earlier in the process?
VSPD1

Post by VSPD1 »

It was earlier in the process, they are fair enough; they told me on first day itself before i applied. It was a heated debate with Ryan. He told me if i want to leave with in 6 months, don't apply with Lenderfi. and he informed they don't need customers like me.With zero costs he told they don't make any money at all.. and informed me if rates are lower , they do it free of cost. So i took a plunge. All of my three friends signed this.
Last edited by VSPD1 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TropikThunder

Post by TropikThunder »

BrandonBogle wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:21 pm
VSPD1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:57 pm Lenderfi asked us to sign a document which says we should not refinance until 6 months, in case if we refinance we have to pay lender credits back, and in case if interest rates are lower after 6 months they will refinance free of cost.
It’s in the Loan Estimate, which is e-signed, but I don’t remember if it’s repeated in the Closing Disclosure. I only do need three things when I closed, and one of them was the notary’s logbook.
TropikThunder

Post by TropikThunder »

Anyone else who closed recently having a delay on funding? I signed last Monday (7/27) and gave the notary a check for the pre-paids but the check hasn’t cleared and I haven’t gotten any notice of funding. I guess I have until the 15th before my current servicer will charge a late fee .....
VSPD1

Post by VSPD1 »

TropikThunder wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:29 pm
BrandonBogle wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:21 pm
It’s in the Loan Estimate, which is e-signed, but I don’t remember if it’s repeated in the Closing Disclosure. I only do need three things when I closed, and one of them was the notary’s logbook.
It was earlier in the process and it was an E sign with loan estimate.. We signed in the closing as well with the Notary.
Topic Author
abyan

Post by abyan »

I signed it back in January after talking to a friend wiser than I who said it wasn’t unreasonable for them to
Ask that. Otherwise It’s hard for them to sell the loans and make an actual profit if lenders think they’re going to just let people refi again within a month or two, so they bought the loan for nothing. And in fact I’m Refi’g now for the same rate you got, which is a lot lower than what I had in January, which was 3.5%. So no harm no foul. Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather not sign it. But it’s a good quote, so I’m fine with it in the end.
ChiKid24

Post by ChiKid24 »

VSPD1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:57 pm We closed refinance with lenderfi on July 10. with no closing costs, lender credits is $1600. So we closed for 2.87% 30 year. . home value is 525k, current loan is 290k. No appraisal.

But i have a question Lenderfi asked us to sign a document which says we should not refinance until 6 months, in case if we refinance we have to pay lender credits back, and in case if interest rates are lower after 6 months they will refinance free of cost. Did any body signed this document.? Lenderfi told me there is lock in period of 6 months when i spoke to with ryan and informed me in advance as well. .. did anybody on this forum signed this?

Iam happy with the rate we got and it is superfast closing (13days) and zero closing costs and credit on closing document. they sent me check in 3 business days.
still not able to set up account on their website.
Yes, this is standard for Lenderfi. I have signed as well. Whether they come after you if you break the 6-month refi restriction is unknown. Also, depending on where rates go, your savings on another refi might be worth it to eat the $1,600 with Lenderfi if they do come after you. I'm signing with them at 2.75% and am fine with holding it for 6-months. My thought is if things crater, I'll be able to use their free 6-month refi at that point.
buzzbee

Post by buzzbee »

ciscovp wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:27 pm For those refinancing with Lendersfi. Which company is the loan transferred to?

I see that it shows on my docs that Lendersfi will transfer the loan. Is it one of the big banks, like Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, etc?
BSI Financial Services does the loan servicing.
VSPD1

Post by VSPD1 »

ChiKid24 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:42 pm
VSPD1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:57 pm We closed refinance with lenderfi on July 10. with no closing costs, lender credits is $1600. So we closed for 2.87% 30 year. . home value is 525k, current loan is 290k. No appraisal.

But i have a question Lenderfi asked us to sign a document which says we should not refinance until 6 months, in case if we refinance we have to pay lender credits back, and in case if interest rates are lower after 6 months they will refinance free of cost. Did any body signed this document.? Lenderfi told me there is lock in period of 6 months when i spoke to with ryan and informed me in advance as well. .. did anybody on this forum signed this?

Iam happy with the rate we got and it is superfast closing (13days) and zero closing costs and credit on closing document. they sent me check in 3 business days.
still not able to set up account on their website.
Yes, this is standard for Lenderfi. I have signed as well. Whether they come after you if you break the 6-month refi restriction is unknown. Also, depending on where rates go, your savings on another refi might be worth it to eat the $1,600 with Lenderfi if they do come after you. I'm signing with them at 2.75% and am fine with holding it for 6-months. My thought is if things crater, I'll be able to use their free 6-month refi at that point.
yes its not unreasonable to sign the document. iam very happy abt the rate lenderfi gave me @ 2.87 30y on june 25th. Not many documents.
very easy process.
VSPD1

Post by VSPD1 »

Closed on July 10th with lenderfi, No servicing details till now. In disclosure lenderfi informed another lenderfi address and gave us 2 coupons. First payment is due on sep 1st. Till now no details abt how to set up account. any info abt this. I called lenderfi servicing website and customer agent pulled my home address and said no info. She told to look into disclousures. It says lenderfi with california address.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

VSPD1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:02 pm Closed on July 10th with lenderfi, No servicing details till now. In disclosure lenderfi informed another lenderfi address and gave us 2 coupons. First payment is due on sep 1st. Till now no details abt how to set up account. any info abt this. I called lenderfi servicing website and customer agent pulled my home address and said no info. She told to look into disclousures. It says lenderfi with california address.
Did you try setting up the online account?
VSPD1

Post by VSPD1 »

anon_investor wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 pm
VSPD1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:02 pm Closed on July 10th with lenderfi, No servicing details till now. In disclosure lenderfi informed another lenderfi address and gave us 2 coupons. First payment is due on sep 1st. Till now no details abt how to set up account. any info abt this. I called lenderfi servicing website and customer agent pulled my home address and said no info. She told to look into disclousures. It says lenderfi with california address.
Did you try setting up the online account?
Couldn't do it online. Gave loan account number and other details on myloanweb.com, showed error. called their customer care.. she said no info on their end. she said may beservicing is done by some other company.
Bandit390

Post by Bandit390 »

Has anyone called up LENDERFI after a refinance to see what they would do to lower the interest rate before refinancing out to someone else? I understand we would have to pay back the lender credit, but that's minuscule compared to the savings at a lower rate.
yatesd

Post by yatesd »

buzzbee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:56 pm
ciscovp wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:27 pm For those refinancing with Lendersfi. Which company is the loan transferred to?

I see that it shows on my docs that Lendersfi will transfer the loan. Is it one of the big banks, like Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, etc?
Is this the same company...doesn't look like a reputable company?

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-u ... -services/

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance ... vices.html

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... 0477df15,1,,,
newbiead

Post by newbiead »

buzzbee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:56 pm

Would it vary from state to state? What is the loan amount and place for you? And do you have escrow?
masterzero

Post by masterzero »

Does anyone know if LendeFi can operate in Mass?
Thanks
bluebolt

Post by bluebolt »

masterzero wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:26 am Does anyone know if LendeFi can operate in Mass?
Thanks
Yes, they can.
masterzero

Post by masterzero »

Many Thanks Blueblolt
Brantley

Post by Brantley »

Has anyone had any luck having Lenderfi float down the rate? Looks like rates have dropped a bit since I locked in 2.75% 30 yr. I am slated to close on Saturday, which is actually a day after my lock. Lenderfi indicated they would extend the rate lock for free, but I am curious if this would give me more leeway to renegotiate the rate.
~Brantley
mbasherp

Post by mbasherp »

Brantley wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:31 am Has anyone had any luck having Lenderfi float down the rate? Looks like rates have dropped a bit since I locked in 2.75% 30 yr. I am slated to close on Saturday, which is actually a day after my lock. Lenderfi indicated they would extend the rate lock for free, but I am curious if this would give me more leeway to renegotiate the rate.
I was in your situation in February and they would not move the rate. They extended the lock. The only options were to continue or wait 30 days and lock a new rate at that time.

I closed, waited 6 months, and am now doing another no cost with them 5/8% lower.
Brantley

Post by Brantley »

mbasherp wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:52 am
Brantley wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:31 am Has anyone had any luck having Lenderfi float down the rate? Looks like rates have dropped a bit since I locked in 2.75% 30 yr. I am slated to close on Saturday, which is actually a day after my lock. Lenderfi indicated they would extend the rate lock for free, but I am curious if this would give me more leeway to renegotiate the rate.
The only options were to continue or wait 30 days and lock a new rate at that time.
Can you clarify what the wait 30 days option was? Restart the refi process?
~Brantley
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

Brantley wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:58 am
The only options were to continue or wait 30 days and lock a new rate at that time.
Oftentimes a lender will not let you do a new lock on the same property within a period of time when the prior lock expired (extending the lock isn’t a new one). That is to discourage this exact behavior to get a reduced rate. It sounds like LenderFi’s is 30 days. Meanwhile, Watermark’s is 60, and loanDepot doesn’t have one (but gives you “worst scenario pricing” for 45 days after withdrawing a rate lock).
raylet

Post by raylet »

I just received closing disclosure from lenderfi, looks like my outstanding balance increased by 2k. Looks like they rolled the closing cost (prepaid interest + 3 month property tax which is about 2k) into the loan amount, and I will be getting $150 from them on closing. Is there a benefit of paying this cost out of pocket or adding to principle should be fine?
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

raylet wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:02 pm I just received closing disclosure from lenderfi, looks like my outstanding balance increased by 2k. Looks like they rolled the closing cost (prepaid interest + 3 month property tax which is about 2k) into the loan amount, and I will be getting $150 from them on closing. Is there a benefit of paying this cost out of pocket or adding to principle should be fine?
Paying out of pocket = less principal = smaller monthly payment.
Brantley

Post by Brantley »

BrandonBogle wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:11 am
Oftentimes a lender will not let you do a new lock on the same property within a period of time when the prior lock expired (extending the lock isn’t a new one). That is to discourage this exact behavior to get a reduced rate. It sounds like LenderFi’s is 30 days. Meanwhile, Watermark’s is 60, and loanDepot doesn’t have one (but gives you “worst scenario pricing” for 45 days after withdrawing a rate lock).
I heard back from Lenderfi and current rates are worse than my locked 2.75% no cost 30 yr fixed. Loan balance is 664k with about 75% LTV in MA.
~Brantley
xerxes101

Post by xerxes101 »

Brantley wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:44 pm
BrandonBogle wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:11 am
I heard back from Lenderfi and current rates are worse than my locked 2.75% no cost 30 yr fixed. Loan balance is 664k with about 75% LTV in MA.
2.75% no cost, no escrow seems to be the going rate right now..725K, 65% LTV in VA.
ChiKid24

Post by ChiKid24 »

anon_investor wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:22 pm
raylet wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:02 pm I just received closing disclosure from lenderfi, looks like my outstanding balance increased by 2k. Looks like they rolled the closing cost (prepaid interest + 3 month property tax which is about 2k) into the loan amount, and I will be getting $150 from them on closing. Is there a benefit of paying this cost out of pocket or adding to principle should be fine?
While this is true, an extra $2k is likely not going to have a huge impact on the monthly payment. I think you said your rate was 2.75%, so financing $2k at that rate runs about $55/year, roughly $4.60 a month. In my last refinance, I was fine rolling a small balance into the loan to avoid having to come up with a few thousand cash at close.
raylet

Post by raylet »

ChiKid24 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:12 pm
While this is true, an extra $2k is likely not going to have a huge impact on the monthly payment. I think you said your rate was 2.75%, so financing $2k at that rate runs about $55/year, roughly $4.60 a month. In my last refinance, I was fine rolling a small balance into the loan to avoid having to come up with a few thousand cash at close.
Thanks, yes my rate is 2.625 for 20 y, I ran the numbers and its $11 per month extra on monthly payment. I guess, I will just let it roll into principal in this case.
ChiKid24

Post by ChiKid24 »

raylet wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:25 pm
ChiKid24 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:12 pm
Thanks, yes my rate is 2.625 for 20 y, I ran the numbers and its $11 per month extra on monthly payment. I guess, I will just let it roll into principal in this case.
$11/month x 240 months = $2,640. But $2,000 of this is the payback of these costs. So you are looking at $640 total finance charges over 240 months which is $2.67 a month. Yeah I think it's fine to roll that in.
raylet

Post by raylet »

Question related to this: I also received the Closing disclosure document to be signed by my wife. I'm just curious if anyone else got this. I'm the only one who applied for the refinance, so a bit confused as to why both of us need to sign on the closing disclosure.
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

raylet wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:48 pm
Question related to this: I also received the Closing disclosure document to be signed by my wife. I'm just curious if anyone else got this. I'm the only one who applied for the refinance, so a bit confused as to why both of us need to sign on the closing disclosure.
Depending on the state, spousal consent is required even if only one spouse is on the mortgage and even if only one spouse is on the title. Essentially, the spouse is consenting to the lien the mortgage puts on the property, not signing onto liability for it.

As an example, years ago my girlfriend at the time needed to buy a car and her credit sucked. I agreed to the loan, but refused to be a co-owner if the vehicle or co-sign the loan. Instead, I got a loan on her car and we handled the payments offline. This meant that if she wrecked and got sued, I wouldn’t be a party to it. She did have to sign on my loan disclosures consenting to using her property to secure the loan.
raylet

Post by raylet »

BrandonBogle wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:53 pm
raylet wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:48 pm
Depending on the state, spousal consent is required even if only one spouse is on the mortgage and even if only one spouse is on the title. Essentially, the spouse is consenting to the lien the mortgage puts on the property, not signing onto liability for it.

As an example, years ago my girlfriend at the time needed to buy a car and her credit sucked. I agreed to the loan, but refused to be a co-owner if the vehicle or co-sign the loan. Instead, I got a loan on her car and we handled the payments offline. This meant that if she wrecked and got sued, I wouldn’t be a party to it. She did have to sign on my loan disclosures consenting to using her property to secure the loan.
Thanks for the information! Makes sense
Topic Author
abyan

Post by abyan »

Just got my pre-closing docs, and signed them. Next step is closing. No word on that yet. But the process continues. No glitches, just slower than it was in January.
TropikThunder

Post by TropikThunder »

TropikThunder wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:31 pm Anyone else who closed recently having a delay on funding? I signed last Monday (7/27) and gave the notary a check for the pre-paids but the check hasn’t cleared and I haven’t gotten any notice of funding. I guess I have until the 15th before my current servicer will charge a late fee .....
A cautionary tale, but no reflection on LenderFi:

Turns out the notary didn’t send my paperwork to the title company (I’m in Seattle, AMROCK is in Detroit) until yesterday (Aug 4th). No idea why. Interesting to see what happens now since funding was supposed to be July 31st and my pre-paids only included 1 day of interest. If they fund tomorrow (Aug 6), then LenderFi should be due 25 days of interest. Someone is going to have to eat the difference ......
akuseimark

Post by akuseimark »

My pre-closing disclosure came on 7/27 with a few errors. Had those corrected right away and signed. Still waiting on closing person and title company to reach out to schedule closing.

The loan processor said that the underwriters and closers are really backed up right now and it could take a while. Everything has been smooth sailing through this process, though it’s looking like I will need to make my August mortgage payment as funding by 8/15 doesn’t look promising.
orangeinvestor

Post by orangeinvestor »

akuseimark wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:02 pm My pre-closing disclosure came on 7/27 with a few errors. Had those corrected right away and signed. Still waiting on closing person and title company to reach out to schedule closing.

The loan processor said that the underwriters and closers are really backed up right now and it could take a while. Everything has been smooth sailing through this process, though it’s looking like I will need to make my August mortgage payment as funding by 8/15 doesn’t look promising.
I'm in a similar situation. LF told me final underwriting is completed and I am waiting for them to schedule closing. Since it looks like it's going to be after the 15th when my payment is due, what happens? Will they redo the loan amount and paperwork since the payoff amount will be lower or should I just expect additional money back from the original lender once the loan is paid off?
akuseimark

Post by akuseimark »

orangeinvestor wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:47 pm
akuseimark wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:02 pm My pre-closing disclosure came on 7/27 with a few errors. Had those corrected right away and signed. Still waiting on closing person and title company to reach out to schedule closing.

I'm in a similar situation. LF told me final underwriting is completed and I am waiting for them to schedule closing. Since it looks like it's going to be after the 15th when my payment is due, what happens? Will they redo the loan amount and paperwork since the payoff amount will be lower or should I just expect additional money back from the original lender once the loan is paid off?
I’d imagine it’ll be the latter where you just get the overage back, but we’ll see. When did your pre-closing docs come in?
orangeinvestor

Post by orangeinvestor »

akuseimark wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:53 pm

I’d imagine it’ll be the latter where you just get the overage back, but we’ll see. When did your pre-closing docs come in?
Pre closing docs on 7/30 and final approval from underwriting on 8/4
akuseimark

Post by akuseimark »

orangeinvestor wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:01 pm
akuseimark wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:53 pm

Pre closing docs on 7/30 and final approval from underwriting on 8/4
I was 7/27 and 8/3, so right in the same timeline bucket as you. I’m hopeful to still close by Saturday as some others have said their closing was scheduled just a day in advance.
NewMoneyMustBeSmart

Post by NewMoneyMustBeSmart »

LenderFi originated my loan, and just now 2 months later sold it to Freddie Mac.
-- | Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts - Einstein
Eric76

Post by Eric76 »

I posted this in the mega thread as well, but has anybody had luck renegotiating on credits/rate with Lender Fi after a lock? My loan went to processing today.
truenyer

Post by truenyer »

Eric76 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:52 pm I posted this in the mega thread as well, but has anybody had luck renegotiating on credits/rate with Lender Fi after a lock? My loan went to processing today.
I did not. my LO told me to pound sand so i went with the other lender.
Pessimist55

Post by Pessimist55 »

During my convo w Ryan yesterday..he was like I only want u to proceed if ur ok w the rate. If you are gona back out after we lock I rather u take your time to shop around cuz were busy and it is resources ur taking away from us. Completely fair imo.

Eric76 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:52 pm I posted this in the mega thread as well, but has anybody had luck renegotiating on credits/rate with Lender Fi after a lock? My loan went to processing today.
akuseimark

Post by akuseimark »

Pessimist55 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:04 pm During my convo w Ryan yesterday..he was like I only want u to proceed if ur ok w the rate. If you are gona back out after we lock I rather u take your time to shop around cuz were busy and it is resources ur taking away from us. Completely fair imo.

I think it’s a small operation with not a lot of people, which is how they can offer pretty competitive rates. I’m curious how they’re able to handle servicing loans with so few resources. It sounds like they haven’t been selling off the servicing recently and instead keeping it in-house with some system they just propped up
gurusw

Post by gurusw »

Hi,

Looks like LenderFi is not accepting new applicants. What are my next best options?

I am in CA, and I'm looking for $765K loan which is within conforming loan limits for my county (I think it's called super-conforming, but not jumbo).

Currently I have jumbo mortgage with Wells fargo, but I will paying down some monies to fit in the conforming loan limits. This should also bring my LTV around 70%.

Looking for 30 year fixed rate mortgage with no cost & no points, and possibly fredom to refinance if rates drop further (mentioning this because I read somewhere that some lenders have clawback rules).
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

gurusw wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:03 am Hi,

Looks like LenderFi is not accepting new applicants. What are my next best options?

I am in CA, and I'm looking for $765K loan which is within conforming loan limits for my county (I think it's called super-conforming, but not jumbo).

Currently I have jumbo mortgage with Wells fargo, but I will paying down some monies to fit in the conforming loan limits. This should also bring my LTV around 70%.

Looking for 30 year fixed rate mortgage with no cost & no points, and possibly fredom to refinance if rates drop further (mentioning this because I read somewhere that some lenders have clawback rules).
Try the backdoor application method:
https://app.lenderfi.com/

Also: LenderFi has a 6 month clawback on the lenders credit
topcatin

Post by topcatin »

So my Loan Processor has said that the loan is clear to close and we have signed the Pre-Closing docs. They are aware that the rate-lock expires today at 530p but I have not heard from the Attorney to close. They are aware of this as well. Any idea if this is normal?
simplesimon

Post by simplesimon »

anon_investor wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:45 am Also: LenderFi has a 6 month clawback on the lenders credit
Where is this stated? I tried to find it in the docs I signed.
scophreak

Post by scophreak »

Was able to start an application through the backdoor link. Thanks!

Does anyone know how I can actually get an understanding of rates? At this point, it appears that it would simply be a blind application in which I need to select a loan term without any additional information.
mbasherp

Post by mbasherp »

simplesimon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:29 am
anon_investor wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:45 am Also: LenderFi has a 6 month clawback on the lenders credit
Where is this stated? I tried to find it in the docs I signed.
I saw this when I closed with them in February, but so far in my second go round, I have not seen any language that I can’t refi within 6 months.

I have a feeling that I’ll wait 6 months anyway, because if rates are really coming down much further I want to give them a chance to. I don’t need to time the perfect bottom.