What Are Your 2020 Goals?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
sedna273

What Are Your 2020 Goals?

Post by sedna273 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:20 pm

Hi Bogleheads,
I'm curious what your goals will be for the upcoming year, and how money will serve them.

Earlier this year I had a near-death experience, and there's something about sustaining massive blunt force trauma that provides clarity (must be all those weeks lying in bed!). So in 2020 I'll be prioritizing my health and time, and spending accordingly as my base-level retirement and savings deductions are already automated. I'll be buying real food, sometimes paying for convenience in order to reclaim time (or in my case, because navigating the world as a newly and hopefully temporarily disabled person is a learning curve I'm still mastering), and generally being grateful to be alive.
Last edited by sedna273 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

EDosi

Re: 2020 Goals?

Post by EDosi » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:37 pm

My only goal is to read more but I really just wanted to say...

I'm happy you made it and are making it through. I wish you all the best! Happy New Year!

JoeRetire

Post by JoeRetire » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:44 pm

In 2020, nothing special. Play pickleball more often, I guess. And work a bit harder to keep the weight off. Neither of those take much money.

Other than that, I'm already doing pretty much what I want to do.
It's the end of the world as we know it. | It's the end of the world as we know it. | It's the end of the world as we know it. | And I feel fine.

JakeyLee

Post by JakeyLee » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:47 pm

I've been putting off losing 20 lbs. I usually have it done by early summer. I'm 6 months behind. Oh, and I think I'm going to pull the plug and retire. Just trying to figure which month. Happy new year.

Markr867

Post by Markr867 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:50 pm

Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you seem to be pulling through.

My 2020 goals are pretty non-eventful, but I've listed them below:
- Max out my 401K, Roth IRA, HSA, and invest at least $20K into taxable (that's ~$50K of savings on $120K of income.. not bad)
- Go to at least two new states (I have a goal to visit all 50 by the age of 40)
- Run at least 1000 miles
- Run my second marathon in a time of 3 hours 45 minutes or less

The first one is obviously money driven, the second shouldn't cost us much because we travel on points, and the last two are nearly free :mrgreen: (besides the cost of running shoes, etc.)

CalcHP12c

Post by CalcHP12c » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:51 pm

To spend everything “leftover” and add the unexpected windfalls to the 529 plan. Retirement is not maxed out, but securely on track thanks to starting at age 25. College on track for our stated commitment of 50% of state tuition. (Will likely contribute more if able.). Time for nicer vacations, better home maintenance, and things that spark joy. Happy New Year!

NESF

Post by NESF » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:54 pm

I can relate. DW had some unexpected health challenges in 2019. We have four young children. Can't wait for 2019 to be behind us.

Goal for 2020:
- Stop working 45+ hrs/wk.
- Work two days a month from home
- Attend at least one school event, per child, per term
- Increase quiet time with DW
- Stop spending ten's of minutes reading Amazon reviews for every $20 purchase I make.

We're not FI, yet; but, if don't get a raise, or bonus, or next cool project, or w/e.....it won't hurt my feelings.

Best wishes for the coming new year!

ohai

Post by ohai » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:03 pm

I should probably take more vacation time.

shell921

Post by shell921 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:04 pm

LOVE more
GIVE more
Laugh more
Declutter more
Simplify more
Maintain /increase fitness
Meditate more

Keenobserver

Post by Keenobserver » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:09 pm

sedna273 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:20 pm
Hi Bogleheads,
I'm curious what your goals will be for the upcoming year, and how money will serve them.

Earlier this year I had a near-death experience, and there's something about sustaining massive blunt force trauma that provides clarity (must be all those weeks lying in bed!). So in 2020 I'll be prioritizing my health and time, and spending accordingly as my base-level retirement and savings deductions are already automated. I'll be buying real food, sometimes paying for convenience in order to reclaim time (or in my case, because navigating the world as a newly and hopefully temporarily disabled person is a learning curve I'm still mastering), and generally being grateful to be alive.
Nothing more powerful than a health issue to remind you whats most important in life. 401ks, mutual funds, and your allocation means didly squat if you are unhealthy/ physically disabled, or become sunddenly diagnosed with a terminal illness. Its like a big smack in your face to wake you up. My blood work showed high cholestrol/ triglycerides and I freaked out. It felt like I was diagnosed with a major illness. My job, retirment fund, and savings became meaningless and all I could think about was my high cholestrol. I also started to ask myself what if I did in fact become diagnosed with a major illness? What am I doing with my life, my time, and my health while I have them? It made me realize that my time is finite and valauable, and we take being healthy for granted, when in fact everything has a temination date on it. I have lost 12 lbs in a.month a hope to lose another 10 in the next 2 months. I realize that the stress I put up with daily to make money will eventually defeat my body, and I will be left with a list of health issues and a nice number in my bank account. I plan to not stress so much about money. I plan to sacrifice money for peace, freedom, and fulfillment. I plan to not spend most of my wake hours either making money or thinking about money. I plan to not compete with the world' s pace but make my.on pace. I plan to get in touch with the real me, the child me. I plan to
Get out of the rat race. I plan once again to be free, uncontrained, and not bothered by decorum. I plan to have the courage thats needed.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:09 pm

To those retiring in 2020, please post in: Roll Call for the Retirement Class of 2020!

I've got my eye on that thread, but am waiting to see how this year shakes out.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

RobLyons

Post by RobLyons » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:19 pm

Firsts:

Max his/her Roth IRAs
Family vacation to another continent (Azores - in laws birth place)

Continue:
prioritizing family, health, plant based diet, losing weight
"Great parenting sets the foundation for a better world"

Shallowpockets

Post by Shallowpockets » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:23 pm

I think any goals people create for themselves should be measurable. They should not be vague as in, I want to lose weight, or exercise more.
Otherwise it is simply a wish and can be molded to fit the bill if you look back and thus fool yourself on your accomplishments.

UpsetRaptor

Post by UpsetRaptor » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:31 pm

Two comma club. Going to need some help from Mr. Market.

Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:37 pm

I would like to complete two home projects, a bathroom remodel, and a new fence.

Yesterday I increased the contributions to my 529 plans for all the grandchildren from $50/month to $75/month, starting next month. Oldest is 11, I just don't where all the years have gone! :shock:

DW will get her other knee replaced. Then she will be all fixed up for awhile.

Not sure if she will be able to do a Disney cruise next year with one set of DD's family or not. I would like to send them, but it depends on how she does with her knee. She did great this year with her replacement, so I'm hoping she will do just as well with her other knee.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

investingdad

Post by investingdad » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:39 pm

Aside from the typical stuff (good family time, continued employment, good health, etc), I want to actually find time to start practicing with the local amateur / community orchestra as the next step in my violin progression.

Carol88888

Post by Carol88888 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:44 pm

To continue whittling away at my portfolio of individual stocks as I move more and more money to index funds. Also, to save a lot.

toocold

Post by toocold » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:55 pm

To set myself up for the next decade.

Finance: This will be the first year I don't plan to "work" and I'd like to test whether the investments in real estate and in my account support a higher level of spend. The other big money goal is to figure out what's the proper allocation for funds from that are coming from stock options and deferred compensation. I'd probably reach out to this community to test some thoughts I have.

Health: Continue to workout and become as healthy as I can.

Family: Continue to laugh and enjoy life with family and friends. Go on that a month vacation I've always wanted.

KFBR392

Post by KFBR392 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:41 pm

1. Get out of CC debt. We are THIS close. Maybe another 5 weeks.
2. Bulk up emergency fund by 200%.
3. Begin maxing out retirement investing.
4. Begin saving for downpayment on a house.
5. Read more books.
6. Eat less junk food. (Trying to convince the bosses to remove chocolate-covered almonds from our office kitchen.)

Doing my best to make sure 2020 is a big year for our household. I signed a new contract at work last month with a 25% pay bump. Between that and the elimination of credit card debt, we should be able to turbo-charge our saving and investing!

Happy New Year to all of you.

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:47 pm

I just finished writing my annual new year's blog about goal setting. Sent it to the wife and will be posting in the morning. I am all about setting process goals. Long-term (outcome) goals for the year: summit Utah's Highest Peak (King's Peak, 13,527" and a 29 mile trail) in a single day and increase my (business) social media presence. To achieve those goals, I'm completing at least 1,000 flights of stairs (stairmaster) and making at least 3 social media interactions per week. Money? We're on a good trajectory so they aren't relevant to my goals this coming year.

retire57

Post by retire57 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:53 pm

DH began receiving SS this week, so we'll be doubling our charitable giving. :happy

H-Town

Post by H-Town » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:58 pm

For 2020:

1) Make it through 2020.

I think that’s it. Same things different year. Just one year closer to my FI goal (my magic number is $5M).

bob60014

Post by bob60014 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:02 pm

I'll be the first to say it, "Hindsight is always 2020......"

I'll just stay the course!

Hillview

Post by Hillview » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:04 pm

1) practice mindfulness (meditation, gratitude) daily -- this is new for me and a struggle to do daily but goals are good!
2) exercise 3x a week when not traveling
3) read more books (I read/listened to 10 books this year -- aiming for 12 next)
4) this year is a big year (new job, moving state, buying and selling a house) so financially my goal is to get the new mortgage to a specific amount and then be in a position to have it paid off in 3 years (we currently own our house)
5) family time (attend kids games on weekends and home for dinner most nights once we move)

kfindley79

Post by kfindley79 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:08 pm

Number one goal....payoff $52,332 in debt.

Number two goal...balance work and family life.

Number three goal...slow down and appreciate the small things.

:sharebeer

manatee2005

Re: What Are Your 2020 Goals?

Post by manatee2005 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:38 am

1. Join a local hiking group to meet some new people
2. Join an Angel investor group to get close to the entrepreneurship community
3. Buy an out of state investment property
4. Get a silver coin from one of the sunken Spanish treasure galleon
5. Lose 20 lbs and get back to being able to do 21 chin ups
6. Grow my taxable amount to the level of my mortgage
7. Get promoted at work so I can retire faster

Old_Dollar

Post by Old_Dollar » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:48 am

1. Max Roth IRA - Complete as of end of January :beer
2. Max HSA 8-)
3. Decent amount in 401k. Haven't decent yet, probably can't max it.

My overall goal is to try and get back to being a more content person. Not letting news get to me, especially during this election year. Try to focus on my health since that is another great investment better than any tax free account.
I am here solely to learn about investing.

sawhorse

Post by sawhorse » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:50 am

Keenobserver wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:09 pm
sedna273 wrote:
Hi Bogleheads,

Nothing more powerful than a health issue to remind you whats most important in life. 401ks, mutual funds, and your allocation means didly squat if you are unhealthy/ physically disabled, or become sunddenly diagnosed with a terminal illness. Its like a big smack in your face to wake you up. My blood work showed high cholestrol/ triglycerides and I freaked out. It felt like I was diagnosed with a major illness. My job, retirment fund, and savings became meaningless and all I could think about was my high cholestrol. I also started to ask myself what if I did in fact become diagnosed with a major illness? What am I doing with my life, my time, and my health while I have them? It made me realize that my time is finite and valauable, and we take being healthy for granted, when in fact everything has a temination date on it. I have lost 12 lbs in a.month a hope to lose another 10 in the next 2 months. I realize that the stress I put up with daily to make money will eventually defeat my body, and I will be left with a list of health issues and a nice number in my bank account. I plan to not stress so much about money. I plan to sacrifice money for peace, freedom, and fulfillment. I plan to not spend most of my wake hours either making money or thinking about money. I plan to not compete with the world' s pace but make my.on pace. I plan to get in touch with the real me, the child me. I plan to
Get out of the rat race. I plan once again to be free, uncontrained, and not bothered by decorum. I plan to have the courage thats needed.
This times 1000. Health problems have destroyed my life for the past few years. Good luck to you in dealing with yours. I know how stressful it can be.

manatee2005

Post by manatee2005 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:41 am

sawhorse wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:50 am
Keenobserver wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:09 pm
sedna273 wrote:
Hi Bogleheads,

This times 1000. Health problems have destroyed my life for the past few years. Good luck to you in dealing with yours. I know how stressful it can be.
Health is one of those weird things. For example, happiness is not increased because you don't have a toothache because you take it for granted. But when you have a toothache, whether you have $10 or $10 Bil, until that toothache is fixed, money doesn't matter at all. I've had 4 root canals, and root canals on root canals, so I'm very familiar with tooth pain.

crg11

Post by crg11 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:45 am

I have a few goals:
  • Continue working on my mental/physical health
  • Get my daughter through heart surgery successfully (likely end of year, excellent prognosis)
  • Get promoted at work
  • Read a lot more (30 books)
  • Enjoy the outdoors a lot more (hiking, beach, skiing, etc)
  • Stay the course on investment strategy
  • Max out 401k/IRAs again
  • Sell current house & buy a new house

sawhorse

Post by sawhorse » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:07 pm

It's interesting how many answers have mentioned non-financial goals, particularly personal fulfillment and wellbeing. This site seems to be hyperfocused on money, but no amount of money is worth sacrificing your happiness or health.

Good luck to everyone this year.

SevenBridgesRoad

Post by SevenBridgesRoad » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:37 pm

After a lifetime of goal-setting, now in my third phase of life I'm learning to live without goals. Phase 1, growing up/education/training, required learning how to set and achieve goals. Phase 2, career, required lots and lots of goal-setting. And achievement. Phase 3, post-career freedom, is more about just living life and less about setting and achieving goals. Mental models and habits remain important, though. I continue to tweak habits. Tweak how I think about stuff. Tiny improvements. But absolutely no goals. Strange and wonderfully freeing.
Retired 2018 age 61 | "Not using an alarm is one of the great glories of my life." Robert Greene

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:11 am

My main goal for 2020 is to get booked for a stand-up show.

I have taken several classes and performed in nice clubs (not just open mics). But I want to be hired for a show and paid at least $50.

This is not a financial goal. I am spending far more on this hobby than I think I would ever be able to recover. But if I reach this goal, I'll feel that I have made it as a comedian.

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)

JimmyD

Post by JimmyD » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:17 am

1) Cycle 1,500 miles
2) Save $90K
3) Begin paying extra on mortgage
4) Continue to be mindful about being a loving and supportive father to our son

RevFran

Post by RevFran » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:09 am

I have both income from an employer and sons side-gig/self-employment income. My financial goal for 2020 is to save every dollar of the latter. I am not sure that I can or will. But I have set up a bunch of auto-transfers to stack the deck in favor of meeting the goal. And if I succeed, my goal in 2021 will be to reduce that extra work by at least half.

AerialWombat

Post by AerialWombat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:20 am

My financial goal for the year is to increase my liquidity and get my cash+securities to equal my real estate equity. This will require tripling my current liquid assets. Should be a fun year.

hrain

Post by hrain » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:42 am

Financial:
1) Hit two-comma club in net worth. Will need a little help from the market and a lot of automated finances!
2) Max out tax-advantaged accounts -- my solo 401k, wife's 457b, 403b (+/- solo 401k if she moonlights as 1099), after-tax megabackdoor roth option (to extent of her leftover resident salary), backdoor roth x 2, HSA if available when she starts fellowship this year. Start contributing to taxable account monthly.
3) More closely monitor/evaluate our spending. We always "pay ourselves first," but we live in a HCOL area, travel to amazing places, and generally spend too much money on restaurants, clothes, and random amazon finds.
4) Wouldn't mind paying down the rest of our student loans, but it doesn't make that much sense at such a good interest rate. Constant mind struggle/debate even though I know the numbers work out in favor of the market most of the time (rate at 2.2% and paid back interest of up to 2% of total loan amount if paid off in 4 years).

Mental health:
1) Try to scale back / find a less stress-inducing/all-consuming job to work at -- I think I'd be a happier person.
2) Figure out imposter syndrome issues :oops:

Physical Health:
1) Weight loss ~40 pounds, institute IF again and actually follow it, work out 3-4x/week and don't let my travel position mess with my help as much.
2) See a doctor or five. Doctors make the worst patients, and I'm seriously due for some maintenance care.

Faisal

Post by Faisal » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:46 am

Personal
1. Lose Weight - I have gained 40 pounds since I got married and we had 2 kids.
2. Get in better physical shape so I can actually run around with my kids for the next 20 to 40 years.
3. Be a better husband and father

Financial
1. Save more money
2. Pay off a larger portion of our mortgage
3. Maybe get the new roof this year

celia

Post by celia » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:11 am

Simplify (a lot of things, not just accounts)
Re-landscape front and back yards
Volunteer in new activities
Send out Christmas newsletter (which I haven't done for several years) [I found out one of my friends starts addressing envelopes in August! ]
A dollar in Roth is worth more than a dollar in a taxable account. A dollar in taxable is worth more than a dollar in a tax-deferred account.

Sheepdog

Post by Sheepdog » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:58 am

To reach our 60th wedding anniversary celebration on New Year's Eve 2020 in reasonably good health, mentally and physically. :beer
Just because it isn't your fault doesn't mean it isn't your responsibility....Josh Reid Jones

djpeteski

Post by djpeteski » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:50 am

The wife and I are hoping to complete a full ironman. In 2019 we did our first half.

Also we will be traveling to Europe for the first time.

Thegame14

Post by Thegame14 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:35 am

to get my Facebook Advertising business to a consistent revenue of $3-5K per month, pay off car loan, start trying to a baby.

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:50 am

celia wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:11 am

Send out Christmas newsletter (which I haven't done for several years) [I found out one of my friends starts addressing envelopes in August! ]
Why not do a blog? So much easier. While our family blog has gone in a whole bunch of different directions, it started out as a more effective way to send Christmas cards (something I don't understand, but the wife just has to do).

jhfenton

Post by jhfenton » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:15 am

My 2020 goals:

1. Sub-3 marathon at Boston in April.
2. Run 2,750 (or 3,000) miles.
3. Reach B1 (or high A2) proficiency in German. I started studying on my own in August, and I am now taking classes through the local German-American society.
4. Max out my 401(k) @ $26K, 2 Roths @ $7K, and 1 HSA @ $7.1K, and contribute as much as possible to my wife's new 401(k) (even though it's terrible). We both turn 50 this year, so maxing out everything is not going to be possible.
djpeteski wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:50 am
The wife and I are hoping to complete a full ironman. In 2019 we did our first half.
Good luck and congratulations! I am a poor and inexperienced swimmer, so I don't know if I'll ever try to tackle one. I've only done one small sprint tri and that took 8 months of swim training (starting as a non-swimmer).

djpeteski

Post by djpeteski » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:07 am

jhfenton wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:15 am
djpeteski wrote:
Good luck and congratulations! I am a poor and inexperienced swimmer, so I don't know if I'll ever try to tackle one. I've only done one small sprint tri and that took 8 months of swim training (starting as a non-swimmer).
We are also adult onset swimmers, and we were not the strongest. Our HIM, despite being in the Gulf of Mexico (normally calm), had 3 to 4 foot waves that day. Finishing under the cutoff was a huge confidence booster. For me, total immersion swimming and video really helped.

Now my weakest sport is running. 2019 I did run over 600 miles, from your post I obviously need to run more.

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:10 am

Stay the course. Build cash a little more and pay down debt.
John C. Bogle - Two Fund Portfolio: Total Stock & Total Bond. "Simplicity is the master key to financial success." || Buy Total Stock until it hurts. Then find a way to buy even more!

Texanbybirth

Post by Texanbybirth » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:22 am

Read more Scripture (money won't help with this at all, unless I want some study materials :) )
Be more intentional about giving my SAHM wife more "alone" time to do her hobbies (money will help with this as the likes to scrapbook while enjoying a latte)
Be more of a peacemaker, and humble, especially with my family and at work (thinking less about money will help in this regard, I think)
Get child #4 "in the oven" at least (money...what money?...ha!)
Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow, | Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow. | None has ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master: | His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.

jhfenton

Post by jhfenton » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:29 am

djpeteski wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:07 am
jhfenton wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:15 am
djpeteski wrote:
We are also adult onset swimmers, and we were not the strongest. Our HIM, despite being in the Gulf of Mexico (normally calm), had 3 to 4 foot waves that day. Finishing under the cutoff was a huge confidence booster. For me, total immersion swimming and video really helped.

Now my weakest sport is running. 2019 I did run over 600 miles, from your post I obviously need to run more.
The idea of 3 to 4 foot waves is terrifying. I don't know if I would have gotten in the water. :shock: Kudos on battling through that. :sharebeer

I'd probably enjoy swimming more if I had my own lap pool and didn't have to (a) swim early in the morning to get a lane and (b) deal with faster swimmers in my lane. I am an afternoon/evening runner and having to get to the pool early to swim was unnatural. I can run almost anywhere at any time.

forgeblast

Post by forgeblast » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:37 am

This year is a fun year to try to figure out goals.
In ten years I can take early retirement, or 15 full retirement so our sense of putting away savings and emergency fund, and 529 is a bit higher.
We only have a few more years to pay off our house, then we will take most of our mortgage payment and split between our heloc and 529.

My daughter (11) and I are going to learn to fly fish this spring and hope to hit a ton of places this summer. We live near a lot of nice trout streams and love to kayak too.

My craft business, which was a big summer focus over the last 8 years, I am dialing back. I want to stop production work and work on a few things that will have meaning to me. I just do not want to be rushed. I have a few chairs to make, and want to work on a few large hewn bowls. But if i do not get to them I am not worried.

Health wise august will be 2 years we went forks over knives (plant based) lost 20 lbs the first month 10 the next and have kept it off, it allowed me to start running again.....which made me address, for the last 6 months, my knee. patella tendinitis. One hip was much stronger, and it threw off my gait and really messed me up....this happened I think due to one part of my craft business (turning bowls on a spring pole lathe where you push with one leg as the power.) So I would like to build up my hip strength and if I do not get back to running as much, i want to at least hike a few times a week with my daughter and dog. So winter is now using our rower, kettle bells, and doing all my pt exercises. I just finished up 6 mts of pt woohoo.

Home I would like to finish some field stone projects we had started, build a few more stone walls, and stain the fence we just put in. We will also be in our second year with the greenhouse so planting and canning a lot more. We have a few trees to drop and mill on our bandsaw mill too. This will hopefully give us lumber to build a sap house so we can boil our maple syrup inside. This is more of a 5 year goal, but you never know.

The great thing about having these goals is they make working out all winter tolerable, so when spring hits we are off and running.

seity

Post by seity » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Read more books
Pay off at least 1/3 of CC debt