Silverscript for Medicare D

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
GS

Silverscript for Medicare D

Post by GS » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:44 am

Has anyone used Silverscript Choice for their Medicare D and if so, were you happy with them?

Gill

Re: Silverscript for Medicare D

Post by Gill » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:54 am

Look on Medicare.gov and you will find reviews.
Gill
Cost basis is redundant. One has a basis in an investment | One advises and gives advice | One should follow the principle of investing one's principal

drawpoker

Re: Silverscript for Medicare D

Post by drawpoker » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:11 pm

Have had them for the past year, and, No, I am not at all pleased with them.

Unfortunately, because I live in such a small town with only two drugstores, I may be stuck with them for another year. My Plan (SS Choice) is reducing the premium to $26.90, changing over from a zero-deductible to a $395 deductible. But they are dangling out a carrot - the deductible does not apply for generic Tier 1 and Tier 2 drugs.

One common b.p. drug I am presently paying $29 for a 3-month supply will drop to $0, another one that now costs $11 will also drop to $0; thyroid drug will drop from $30 to $3 for 3-months.

One complaint I filed about them was it should not take five (5) days to get approval for a drug that requires P.A. :twisted:

Also, every time I have had to call the customer support line the rep I got was always somewhat ignorant and dim-witted. But that may be true of all CSR's at every insurance company, not just SilverScript.