Quicken Error OL-221-A

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
bertilak

Quicken Error OL-221-A

Post by bertilak » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:53 am

I get the subject error using Quicken's Direct Connect. Apparently this is a known problem between Quicken and Vanguard as indicated by the following message from Quicken: https://community.quicken.com/discussio ... d-accounts

This post has three purposes:
  1. Bring the fact that is is a known problem and is being worked on to the attention of Bogleheads.
  2. See if everyone is, or only some of us are, getting this error.
  3. See if anyone knows anything more about it.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet

Silk McCue

Re: Quicken Error OL-221-A

Post by Silk McCue » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:05 am

I haven't had any problems with Quicken connecting every day, including today. Maybe if there were transactions available I MIGHT have seen the issue but that is not the case for me.

I wouldn't be concerned at all, it is just a technical glitch that will be worked out. Hopefully, within a few days.

Cheers

wxman123

Post by wxman123 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:48 am

I have this same issue since yesterday.

Topic Author
bertilak

Post by bertilak » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:56 am

Silk McCue wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:05 am
I haven't had any problems with Quicken connecting every day, including today. Maybe if there were transactions available I MIGHT have seen the issue but that is not the case for me.

I wouldn't be concerned at all, it is just a technical glitch that will be worked out. Hopefully, within a few days.

Cheers
My last successful download was for a bond-fund dividend on 10/8. Vanguard's transaction history says that's all. So I do get the error even when there are no transactions to download.

I have 13 VG accounts to download:
  • My brokerage, IRA, Roth IRA, inherited IRA
  • 2 UTMAs for my grandkids
  • 2 inactive trust accounts
  • Daughter's IRA, and Roth IRA
  • Brokerages for my wife, daughter and one son (they granted me access)
Something in that mix may be the source of the problem. (I keep track of most of my family's accounts.)
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet

Kenkat

Post by Kenkat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:37 am

I have not experienced this with Vanguard but have had the same error with Fidelity and have just waited several days and it gets fixed. I did just run an update from Vanguard last night without problems; I am on the Quicken subscription.

Topic Author
bertilak

Post by bertilak » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:54 am

wxman123 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:48 am
I have this same issue since yesterday.
What kind of accounts do you have? See my just previous account for some possibilities.

Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:13 am

bertilak wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:56 am

My last successful download was for a bond-fund dividend on 10/8. Vanguard's transaction history says that's all. So I do get the error even when there are no transactions to download.

I have 13 VG accounts to download:
  • My brokerage, IRA, Roth IRA, inherited IRA
  • 2 UTMAs for my grandkids
  • 2 inactive trust accounts
  • Daughter's IRA, and Roth IRA
  • Brokerages for my wife, daughter and one son (they granted me access)
Something in that mix may be the source of the problem. (I keep track of most of my family's accounts.)
We don’t have UTMAs or Trust Accounts. Everything else is brokerage.

Cheers

Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:39 pm

I have direct connect, and have no problems, but no transactions since 10/2.

PaunchyPirate

Post by PaunchyPirate » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:53 pm

I have had this connection error for 2 or 3 days now. I have one taxable brokerage account, one rollover IRA account, and one Roth IRA account. I have not had any transactions needing downloaded, but it still errors out. I had already seen the Quicken Communities posting as well. I Hope they fix it soon. Things like this drive me mildly crazy.

LookinAround

Post by LookinAround » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:26 am

fyi... Similar problem w/Charles Schwab recently. As soon as Schwab fixed, the problem began with Vanguard

In both cases. Quicken is aware of the problem.

To be notified when it's fixed: If you have a Quicken forum login account (it's worthwhile, if only for cases like these), go to NEW 10/10/19: Errors when updating Vanguard accounts, click the star to the right of the headline. Quicken will post a message when fixed and you'll receive an email notification.

If you don't have a Quicken forum account, recheck the thread manually each day or so.

Topic Author
bertilak

Post by bertilak » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:56 pm

bertilak wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:53 am
I get the subject error using Quicken's Direct Connect. Apparently this is a known problem between Quicken and Vanguard as indicated by the following message from Quicken: https://community.quicken.com/discussio ... d-accounts
A Quicken/Vanguard direct connect download just went without a hitch. Somehow, somebody fixed something somewhere!

Spoke too soon! Happened again.

LookinAround

Post by LookinAround » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:49 pm

Just started working for me yesterday though i see Quicken still hasn't updated their announcement of the Vanguard problem in their forum

meebers

Post by meebers » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Been working for me the past 2 days. (Knocking on wood) Wife's account from VG never had the problem, my account had the problem?

Topic Author
bertilak

Post by bertilak » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:53 am

bertilak wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:56 pm
bertilak wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:53 am
A Quicken/Vanguard direct connect download just went without a hitch. Somehow, somebody fixed something somewhere!

Spoke too soon! Happened again.
And since yesterday all is OK again.