Refinance Mega Thread

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Savingscaptain

Re: Refinance Mega Thread

Post by Savingscaptain »

presto987 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:10 pm
Savingscaptain wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:56 pm I lived in Seattle until very recently. I will send pm you the officer he works with most big tech folks in the area.

You can easily negotiate 1-2% seller credit, just have to get their realtor onboard to explain to them. Basically you make a high offer with 1-2% and appraisal contingency (that is given that even in a hot market I never waive contingencies and happy to let go of houses if need be). Their realtor needs to explain to them that even after concession they net more money. Sad how many people can't do simple math. There is also an offer summary form you can attach through your realtor. Then if appraisal falls short you adjust offer price, not other terms. I have only had 1 seller not willing to play ball in all these years. Usually during competing offer phase the realtor has promised them the moon. They come back to reality a bit after. I say this having taken 18 months to find a home once. It's not for everyone, but even in "hot" markets you can find good deals. Also in your offer you can change things that people don't always read like who pays transfer tax. Even if they tell you "generally in this county or state buyer pays". Generally is not the law.

Pro tip: send an NDA to the seller and realtor before the "offer review date" guarantee you they will be interested in taking a look at your offer. Plus they can't use it to haggle with others.
How is it beneficial to the buyer to pay a higher price and get seller credit? I don’t understand the strategy you’re suggesting. It seems like everyone should be indifferent if you elevate the purchase price by the amount of seller credit.
The person is in a market with over bidding. The condo I had bought in Seattle I bid 75k over estimate of zillow and redfin avg and comp analysis from my agent. Then add an appraisal contingency. Once appraisal is short, then you negotiate. This only is valid in markets where there are crazy competing offers. Though now I never buy when market is that hot. It's pointless.
Savingscaptain

Post by Savingscaptain »

chet96 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:02 pm
Savingscaptain wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:56 pm
You can easily negotiate 1-2% seller credit, just have to get their realtor onboard to explain to them. Basically you make a high offer with 1-2% and appraisal contingency (that is given that even in a hot market I never waive contingencies and happy to let go of houses if need be). Their realtor needs to explain to them that even after concession they net more money. Sad how many people can't do simple math. There is also an offer summary form you can attach through your realtor. Then if appraisal falls short you adjust offer price, not other terms. I have only had 1 seller not willing to play ball in all these years. Usually during competing offer phase the realtor has promised them the moon. They come back to reality a bit after. I say this having taken 18 months to find a home once. It's not for everyone, but even in "hot" markets you can find good deals. Also in your offer you can change things that people don't always read like who pays transfer tax. Even if they tell you "generally in this county or state buyer pays". Generally is not the law.

Pro tip: send an NDA to the seller and realtor before the "offer review date" guarantee you they will be interested in taking a look at your offer. Plus they can't use it to haggle with others.
Can you explain this? Doesn't every deal have an appraisal contingency? I'm not tracking how this benefits the seller.

I gotta tell you as the seller if someone approached me with an NDA on a residential real estate deal, I would punch out, as this would be a red flag for a difficult transaction.

Switching to the topic of Loan Cabin -

I asked a couple questions on their paperwork, and I think they broke up with me. Their response was, this needs to be signed. (This was after a 2 month wait for them to even respond.) I wouldn't deal with those jokers.

So my suggestion would be to work with Loan Depot and just drop the fact that your are also working with Loan Cabin. Loan Depot is annoying me with texts - but it's pretty easy to mute that.
Every deal should have it. However in irrational markets people waive all contingencies.
SoCal_888

Post by SoCal_888 »

Minty wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:00 pm
SoCal_888 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:18 am Can those who refi'd with Interactive Mortgage comment on how long it took to be notified after closing who the new loan servicer will be?

I closed first week of November, and paid 3 weeks of interest until December 1. The closing papers included the January 1 payment coupon payable to Interactive Mortgage. (by the way, the process took 6 weeks for a 15 year fixed at 1.99% with no closing costs on the max super-conforming balance in my California county, no cash out)

I want to pay the January payment in December so I can write off December's interest on this year's (2020) taxes. However, if the loan gets sold between now and January 1, and if I mail the payment to Interactive Mortgage in this transition period, I fear the funds may get stuck between the two processors. If that should happen, I may miss the December 31 deadline for the payment to post this year.

Hopefully I am overthinking it.
We closed with IM on October 27, and have a payment due on December 1. On November 11, IM notified us by email and snail mail that CMG Mortgage Inc. dba CMG Financial was taking over the loan, but without a new account number it was impossible to create an account online or send a check. On November 25, we got an email from CMG with the new account number. I set up 180 payments on Fidelity Billpay, which indicated it was familiar with this company, so even with only a few days before payment was due, it seemed like it was in time. Anyway, both CMG and IM said it would be no problem to send the December 1 payment to IM, and they would make sure it got credited with CMG. My guess is that neither CMG nor IM are in the habit of not cashing checks. :happy
Thank you for sharing your post-closing experience with Interactive Mortgage, it was really helpful.

And, yes 2020 was a "corner case" for us. We are in a significantly higher tax bracket because of a one-time severance payment I received. I was fortunate enough to find suitable employment the next day even in this pandemic, knock-on-wood. We still itemize, and don't take the standard deduction.
totallynotsure

Post by totallynotsure »

hi all. going through a purchase with Better. their initial PMI quote was ~$80/mo. once we went through the process a bit further it increased to >$160/mo.

is this typical?
InvestDoc

Post by InvestDoc »

For those who refinanced with Interactive Mortgage, how long did it take for your loan to fund after signing your closing docs? I signed 10 days ago and was told it would fund on 11/24, but when I checked in with the processor on 11/25 I was told it hadn't funded and was sent another form to sign (the explanation of an inquiry on my credit report for a previous refinance application), and then I heard nothing until a couple of days later when I was asked to provide proof that my HELOC was closed (which would be clear if they looked at my credit report which shows it was closed over the summer). It seems odd that they are still completing tasks that should have been done weeks ago during the processing or underwriting stage, especially after confirming multiple times that everything was completed and the loan was approved.

Regarding the HELOC, the processor said this is a request from the title company. Could it be that the HELOC closure wasn't properly recorded with the county when the loan was closed even though it shows up as closed on my credit report?
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

Monsterflockster wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:04 pm
supersharpie wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:52 am Why am I not getting nearly the amazing offers you guys are posting?

Our stats:

Home value: 330k

Remaining mortgage balance: 138k

Credit score: ~820
It’s been posted here a few times. Location is a big part but so is loan amount. It is likely too low.
Also, most lower balance loans can get great offers if you hustle. Not from just checking one or two lenders.

FYI, while I did three refis over the summer, my loan balance was around yours and I now have 31 credit inquiries on my report. I started at 820 score and got down to 760 (I opened two new credit cards as well), but am now back to 800. The deals are available for those who work for them.
SoCal_888

Post by SoCal_888 »

InvestDoc wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:23 pm For those who refinanced with Interactive Mortgage, how long did it take for your loan to fund after signing your closing docs? I signed 10 days ago and was told it would fund on 11/24, but when I checked in with the processor on 11/25 I was told it hadn't funded and was sent another form to sign (the explanation of an inquiry on my credit report for a previous refinance application), and then I heard nothing until a couple of days later when I was asked to provide proof that my HELOC was closed (which would be clear if they looked at my credit report which shows it was closed over the summer). It seems odd that they are still completing tasks that should have been done weeks ago during the processing or underwriting stage, especially after confirming multiple times that everything was completed and the loan was approved.

Regarding the HELOC, the processor said this is a request from the title company. Could it be that the HELOC closure wasn't properly recorded with the county when the loan was closed even though it shows up as closed on my credit report?
It was the standard 3 business days after signing docs for the loan to fund, and another day for the funds to disburse. In our case, what is happening to you now happened to us 10 days prior to signing docs. Same deal, explanation of an inquiry. But it seems we lost our position in the queue for it to clear, delaying preparation of the docs by a week or so.
Mysticcal

Post by Mysticcal »

presto987 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:38 pm
Mysticcal wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:11 pm Is anyone floating down with the rate drops? I see my circumstances dropped 25 basis points and I'm wondering if I should wait to see if they go down lower to float down as I only get one opportunity.
When did you lock? It is surprising that your pricing would have improved by that much. If so, I would definitely float down while you have that opportunity.

Is this with Loan Cabin or someone else?
Locked about a month ago, it is with loan cabin, 2.125 -> 1.875 on 300k/15yr

Trying to get a float down, we'll see. hopefully it doesn't go down to 1.75 in the next few weeks.
presto987

Post by presto987 »

Mysticcal wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:50 pm Locked about a month ago, it is with loan cabin, 2.125 -> 1.875 on 300k/15yr

Trying to get a float down, we'll see. hopefully it doesn't go down to 1.75 in the next few weeks.
My understanding is that they only offer a float down once you are through underwriting and within around 10 days of closing. If you find out otherwise, please let us know!
manatee2005

Post by manatee2005 »

supersharpie wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:52 am Why am I not getting nearly the amazing offers you guys are posting?

Our stats:

Which companies are you applying with and what rates are you getting
postal007

Post by postal007 »

Those working with Interactive Mortgage, if you get Eric Park please stay away. He's a complete d-bag.

About 3-4 months ago I had locked with both IM (via Eric) and Owning for my last refi, and Owning ended up giving me a better offer so I withdrew from IM (I was pretty open that I was shopping at the time). I reached out again because IM is offering the 2.375% rate and he sends me the reply below.
Weren't you and your friend the same two guys who wasted my time and left me in the dark?
I guess someone was butt-hurt I took a better offer lol. I mean I get being a bit upset but this is your business. I'm not going to deal with the clown — as I said I'm sure any of his other associates would be happy to get my business. What a douche!
sapphire96

Post by sapphire96 »

BrandonBogle wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:56 pm

Our stats:

It’s been posted here a few times. Location is a big part but so is loan amount. It is likely too low.
Also, most lower balance loans can get great offers if you hustle. Not from just checking one or two lenders.

FYI, while I did three refis over the summer, my loan balance was around yours and I now have 31 credit inquiries on my report. I started at 820 score and got down to 760 (I opened two new credit cards as well), but am now back to 800. The deals are available for those who work for them.
Brandon, at your rate of refinancing, are you making any ground on your mortgage balance and have you gotten denied for having too many inquiries?

Thanks,

Sapphire
Keep interest as your friend, not your foe. | Use money as a tool for bettering your life, not squandering it. | Stay the course, don’t deviate from it.
Goal33

Post by Goal33 »

postal007 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:55 pm Those working with Interactive Mortgage, if you get Eric Park please stay away. He's a complete d-bag.

About 3-4 months ago I had locked with both IM (via Eric) and Owning for my last refi, and Owning ended up giving me a better offer so I withdrew from IM (I was pretty open that I was shopping at the time). I reached out again because IM is offering the 2.375% rate and he sends me the reply below.
Weren't you and your friend the same two guys who wasted my time and left me in the dark?
I guess someone was butt-hurt I took a better offer lol. I mean I get being a bit upset but this is your business. I'm not going to deal with the clown — as I said I'm sure any of his other associates would be happy to get my business. What a douche!
did you end up locking with somebody else at Interactive?
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

sapphire96 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:14 pm
BrandonBogle wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:56 pm

Our stats:

Brandon, at your rate of refinancing, are you making any ground on your mortgage balance and have you gotten denied for having too many inquiries?

Thanks,

Sapphire
No denials for too many inquiries (no denials period) and my loan balance was stayed roughly the same (went up $3k) since April. Meanwhile, I’ve made $10k from the refis that paid for solar to be installed - i.e., the “gift” that keeps on giving via reduced electrical bills.
presto987

Post by presto987 »

Does anyone have experience cutting things close to the deadline on prepaid property taxes?

We are supposed to fund with LD next Monday, and the title company is collecting prepaid property taxes that need to be paid out by next Thursday. So there are only a few days before the deadline.

The county's website says that the payment needs to be postmarked by the deadline but not necessarily received, which is comforting. But the title company still needs to pay that out quickly.

I asked my loan processor, and he thought it would be OK, but didn't seem 100% sure. Left a message for the title company, but they aren't responsive.
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

presto987 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:13 pm Does anyone have experience cutting things close to the deadline on prepaid property taxes?

We are supposed to fund with LD next Monday, and the title company is collecting prepaid property taxes that need to be paid out by next Thursday. So there are only a few days before the deadline.

The county's website says that the payment needs to be postmarked by the deadline but not necessarily received, which is comforting. But the title company still needs to pay that out quickly.

I asked my loan processor, and he thought it would be OK, but didn't seem 100% sure. Left a message for the title company, but they aren't responsive.
It may be a bit of a bind, but personally I would pay the taxes myself to make sure they are done on time, then ask the title company to reimburse you upon providing documentation it has been paid.

Essentially, let’s say it was being collected, but your prior lender’s servicer sent the payment from your escrow account. This would essentially be the same thing. The downside is this may be a large, unplanned expense for you.
Goal33

Post by Goal33 »

presto987 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:13 pm Does anyone have experience cutting things close to the deadline on prepaid property taxes?

I'm not a title company but I think you should be fine if funding is Monday and taxes are due Thursday... call them after it funds and confirm they've sent off the taxes.
presto987

Post by presto987 »

Thanks all!

Worst case scenario, if I haven't confirmed next by Thursday that the funds have been postmarked, then I can pay the taxes myself online.

By the way, normally I would recommend just paying the taxes and not having them as a prepaid. The reason I'm not doing that is that I'm trying to use up a large lender credit.
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

presto987 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:31 pm Thanks all!

Worst case scenario, if I haven't confirmed next by Thursday that the funds have been postmarked, then I can pay the taxes myself online.

By the way, normally I would recommend just paying the taxes and not having them as a prepaid. The reason I'm not doing that is that I'm trying to use up a large lender credit.
I did the exact same thing on my second refi this year.
postal007

Post by postal007 »

Goal33 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:17 pm
postal007 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:55 pm Those working with Interactive Mortgage, if you get Eric Park please stay away. He's a complete d-bag.

did you end up locking with somebody else at Interactive?
I'm working with Ravy Pov now. Haven't locked (just submitted application) so will write back about my experience!
logiclife

Post by logiclife »

Can someone give inputs on if this reasonable deal from "Better" , iam in IL. ? My goal here is to pay off my mortgage sooner and pay less interest overall. My current rate is 3.375% on 30 year fixed

Rate:2.375 Payment:$1,682 APR:2.49% Loan Amount:$254,557
Closing Fees:$3843 (orig fees,A:$1734 ; B:$614 C:$1123) Loan Term:15 years.

with LenderFi ,today I received 15 yr fixed 2.25% with $180 out of pocket closing costs after credits Seems better .
Last edited by logiclife on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Little Bird

Post by Little Bird »

Just closed with Lenderfi, here's my timeline;
October 7th: Initial inquiry
October 15th: Locked rate. 2.75%, 15 years fixed, $179,000, excellent credit, out of pocket costs $180 after credits.
November 20th: Appraisal
November 27th: Everything approved
November 30th: Notary signing
December 4th: Expected funding of new loan

Very pleased overall with Lenderfi, especial Brad. The guy is a workhorse and an absolute champion ensuring all our questions were answered, no matter how silly they may've been. The other staff, not so much. Generic emails, didn't answer voicemails, pretty poor. Honestly, if it weren't for Brad right at the beginning I would've gone with another lender.

Compared with Better, Chase and Raterabbit because;
Better: Initial quote had significant closing costs, didn't bother to get a hard quote as by this time was satisfied with Lenderfi.
Chase: Original mortgage holder, their initial quote was laughable however they did meet Lenderfi's.
Raterabbit: Advertised a $0 cost refi but refused to provide an initial LE until 3 days after my first inquiry. Their response to my queries was slow and the refusal for a LE sent warnings signals to me so I stopped dealing with them.
pmorgan2020

Post by pmorgan2020 »

Can someone please give inputs on if this reasonable deal from Local Lender, I am in NJ? My goal is to lower as much interest as possible.
My current rate is 3.5 on 30 year fixed (completed 3 years)
Rate:2.5 Payment:$1975 Loan Amount:$500,000
Closing Fees:$2100 A+B+C Loan Term:30 years
Asked them to price match with Loan cabin but the LO did not agree
Also I would like to know how do you pay for prepaids and escrow while closing refinance,do you roll it into the loan?
BitDude

Post by BitDude »

First time refinancing and I'm still shopping around. Several online lenders gives an estimated rate based on info filled in, several more asks for social security numbers, which I think means they'll do a credit check.

Is it safe to allow hard pulls on my credit several times just to shop around? I think this should only drop my credit score once because it's a reasonable thing that the credit bureau would know I'm shopping around to not hit me several times, right?
logiclife

Post by logiclife »

Correct as long as they are within 30 days your score won't take a nose dive
logiclife

Post by logiclife »

pmorgan2020 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:21 pm Can someone please give inputs on if this reasonable deal from Local Lender, I am in NJ? My goal is to lower as much interest as possible.
My current rate is 3.5 on 30 year fixed (completed 3 years)
Rate:2.5 Payment:$1975 Loan Amount:$500,000
Closing Fees:$2100 A+B+C Loan Term:30 years
Asked them to price match with Loan cabin but the LO did not agree
Also I would like to know how do you pay for prepaids and escrow while closing refinance,do you roll it into the loan?

If your goal is less interest, did you try 15% fixed?

Also, did you try LenderFi as many had good luck on better rates
mt2k

Post by mt2k »

logiclife wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:37 pm Can someone give inputs on if this reasonable deal from "Better" , iam in IL. ? My goal here is to pay off my mortgage sooner and pay less interest overall. My current rate is 3.375% on 30 year fixed

with LenderFi ,today I received 15 yr fixed 2.25% with $180 out of pocket closing costs after credits Seems better .
LenderFi quote is way better, with lower rate and $3,600 lower closing cost. I would take LenderFi quote to Better and LD and ask them to beat it.
logiclife

Post by logiclife »

mt2k wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:49 am
logiclife wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:37 pm Can someone give inputs on if this reasonable deal from "Better" , iam in IL. ? My goal here is to pay off my mortgage sooner and pay less interest overall. My current rate is 3.375% on 30 year fixed

LenderFi quote is way better, with lower rate and $3,600 lower closing cost. I would take LenderFi quote to Better and LD and ask them to beat it.
Thanks.
I was quickly reading some reviews on Better that say the are very very slow in moving once you lock in rates and in general overall besides not honoring the rates?

Anyone hve had this issue with Better?
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

logiclife wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:55 am I was quickly reading some reviews on Better that say the are very very slow in moving once you lock in rates and in general overall besides not honoring the rates?

Anyone hve had this issue with Better?
This has not been my experience. My first refi with then was 18 days from locking my rate to closing. The second was around 25 days (a week’s delay unrelated to Better, so would actually be about 18 again). The third was 31 days, but I purposefully dragged my feet on that one because I wanted the second refi to age a bit (I closed on third only 6 weeks after second).
postal007

Post by postal007 »

Are folks starting to see an explicit pricing in of the new "adverse market fee" from Fannie/Freddie? I thought lenders were already pricing this in, but just got a loan estimate from Interactive Mortgage for a 2.375% "no cost" mortgage with a 0.5% fee tacked onto it. It's currently indicated as "origination fee/points" and I'm getting clarify from my loan officer today about it, but seems like it's IM's way to pass on the new fee.

EDIT: Looks like it was a mistake, my loan officer updated my LE to take it out. Looks like IM does tack on the 0.5% fee by default onto the LE and the loan officers have to back it out manually. Interesting setup!
Last edited by postal007 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
logiclife

Post by logiclife »

postal007 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:12 pm Are folks starting to see an explicit pricing in of the new "adverse market fee" from Fannie/Freddie? I thought lenders were already pricing this in, but just got a loan estimate from Interactive Mortgage for a 2.375% "no cost" mortgage with a 0.5% fee tacked onto it. It's currently indicated as "origination fee/points" and I'm getting clarify from my loan officer today about it, but seems like it's IM's way to pass on the new fee.

I was told that this has been already accounted for in the last 2 months and nothing new
logiclife

Post by logiclife »

with LenderFi ,today I received 15 yr fixed 2.25% with $0 out of pocket closing costs after credits Seems better .

My current lender Mr Cooper said they will look in to price matching with $500 credits and get back to me tomorrow.

Also, Better said they will get back to me but they have been bit tardy.

I entered into a rate lock with LenderFi, he took my credit card for an apparent condo certifcation fee that my condo would charge but said he would credit that back to my loan in closing!!

Does anyone know if I will be charged if I back out of LEnderFi and go with my current lender Mr cooper if they price match the 2.25% rate?

BTW, LEnderfi will be transferring servicing of my loan to someone else , not sure if its a big deal
learn2invest2day

Post by learn2invest2day »

Can someone advise whether it is better to go with LoanDepot (LD) vs Interactive Mortgage (IM). Details below:
Both are offering 2.375% for 30 year re-finance
Loan amt: approx 650K, LTV around 60%
State: CA
Credit Score: 800+

Interactive Mortgage has zero closing costs (A+B+C+E = J), while LoanDepot offered Lender Credits that effectively come around 62$ cash positive.
While the loan interest rate and closing costs are similar, the rate lock for Interactive Mortgage is 30 days (ends 12/28) while Loan Depot is 60 days. (ends 1/25). I havent started appraisal process with either. However IM mentioned their average closing timeline is around 30days.

IM mentioned that they auto extend the loan if it is delayed on their part. Did anyone get auto renewed with IM?
LD mentioned it is better to go with them, since they will waive appraisal on future refinances + more reputable company.
Did anyone have experience between these two? I have seen some threads that mention LD taking more than 60days to close. Will they auto extend as well? Considering both are very similar, is there a recommended lender between the both?

Thank you for your suggestions.
pmorgan2020

Post by pmorgan2020 »

Interesting I am seeing a higher quote at lenderfi , it costs over 8000 in points for 2.5 on a 30 year with phenomenal credit score.can someone please share exact website for lenderfi
mt2k

Post by mt2k »

logiclife wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:31 pm

with LenderFi ,today I received 15 yr fixed 2.25% with $0 out of pocket closing costs after credits Seems better .

My current lender Mr Cooper said they will look in to price matching with $500 credits and get back to me tomorrow.

I entered into a rate lock with LenderFi, he took my credit card for an apparent condo certifcation fee that my condo would charge but said he would credit that back to my loan in closing!!

Does anyone know if I will be charged if I back out of LEnderFi and go with my current lender Mr cooper if they price match the 2.25% rate?

BTW, LEnderfi will be transferring servicing of my loan to someone else , not sure if its a big deal
IMO the best option is if Mr. Cooper can do a true no-cost refinance at 2.25%.. Is the $500 credit towards closing cost or it is extra in your pocket after all the closing cost accounted for? Do you have the LE from them?

I have never heard of any condo certification fee.. No idea if it refundable. Just check with your LO
InvestDoc

Post by InvestDoc »

learn2invest2day wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:12 pm Can someone advise whether it is better to go with LoanDepot (LD) vs Interactive Mortgage (IM). Details below:

Interactive Mortgage has zero closing costs (A+B+C+E = J), while LoanDepot offered Lender Credits that effectively come around 62$ cash positive.
While the loan interest rate and closing costs are similar, the rate lock for Interactive Mortgage is 30 days (ends 12/28) while Loan Depot is 60 days. (ends 1/25). I havent started appraisal process with either. However IM mentioned their average closing timeline is around 30days.

IM mentioned that they auto extend the loan if it is delayed on their part. Did anyone get auto renewed with IM?
LD mentioned it is better to go with them, since they will waive appraisal on future refinances + more reputable company.
Did anyone have experience between these two? I have seen some threads that mention LD taking more than 60days to close. Will they auto extend as well? Considering both are very similar, is there a recommended lender between the both?

Interactive Mortgage does extend the lock if the delay is on their end. Their process was quick (28 days from application to signing), but I've been waiting almost 2 weeks for the loan to fund (as has another user on this forum). I'm not sure what's taking them so long as they originally said the loan would fund within 1-2 days after the 3-day cancellation period after signing the docs. They originally told me it would take about 45 days for the whole process so I'm still within that time frame even with the funding delays (assuming it funds this week).
logiclife

Post by logiclife »

mt2k wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:36 pm
logiclife wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:31 pm

IMO the best option is if Mr. Cooper can do a true no-cost refinance at 2.25%.. Is the $500 credit towards closing cost or it is extra in your pocket after all the closing cost accounted for? Do you have the LE from them?

I have never heard of any condo certification fee.. No idea if it refundable. Just check with your LO

$500 is extra in my pocket after a true no closing cost accounted for, I need to see that on the LE...THanks..
presto987

Post by presto987 »

learn2invest2day wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:12 pm Can someone advise whether it is better to go with LoanDepot (LD) vs Interactive Mortgage (IM). Details below:

Is the LD pricing based on a price-match to IM already? If not, ask them if they can beat IM by more than $62.

If you want to make this a "better than no-cost" deal by increasing your rate to get more lender credit, then LD will allow that while IM will not. Other than that, I think it's pretty much a toss-up.

With LD, can you get an appraisal waiver by listing your home value as $999,999, with no negative impact on pricing? With IM you can't, because if you go above 60% LTV then they'll increase your rate.
learn2invest2day

Is the LD pricing based on a price-match to IM already? If not, ask them if they can beat IM by more than $62.

If you want to make this a "better than no-cost" deal by increasing your rate to get more lender credit, then LD will allow that while IM will not. Other than that, I think it's pretty much a toss-up.

With LD, can you get an appraisal waiver by listing your home value as $999,999, with no negative impact on pricing? With IM you can't, because if you go above 60% LTV then they'll increase your rate.
Thank you for the suggestion.Yes, the LD pricing is based on price-match to IM. Initially they quoted me 2.5% and then matched the IM quote. LD also mentioned this is the best they can offer. Regarding better than no-cost with lender credit, it depends on how many years I plan to continue in the same house without refinancing right? I am just considering to go with no-cost as of now. The LTV will be more than 60% without appraisal for $999,999. But let me check again with the LO to verify if they can provide the same rate without appraisal. If LD comes back and say they can't provide the same rate then i think its a toss-up.

One thing though is for IM, LO mentioned I can go through a appraisal and then back out for any reason without paying appraisal fee, where as for LD I need to pay the fee once appraisal is done. My home value is anywhere between 55-62% based on online platforms, less than 60% (Realtor, Redfin) vs more than 60% (Zillow, Trulia). So there is a slight risk of it coming more than 60% LTV.
Interactive Mortgage does extend the lock if the delay is on their end. Their process was quick (28 days from application to signing), but I've been waiting almost 2 weeks for the loan to fund (as has another user on this forum). I'm not sure what's taking them so long as they originally said the loan would fund within 1-2 days after the 3-day cancellation period after signing the docs. They originally told me it would take about 45 days for the whole process so I'm still within that time frame even with the funding delays (assuming it funds this week).
Thank you for the data point. So it seems pretty safe to go with IM just incase I decide to.

If LD matches rate without appraisal, I can go with them. If not seems like either option isn't bad.
logiclife

Post by logiclife »

For the folks who refied with lenderfi on the loan estimate does it say the rate is locked?

For mine it doesnt say it's locked but my LO said he Placed a lock.. Can I go by that?
Goal33

Post by Goal33 »

logiclife wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:49 pm For the folks who refied with lenderfi on the loan estimate does it say the rate is locked?

For mine it doesnt say it's locked but my LO said he Placed a lock.. Can I go by that?
My data point from months ago... took a day or so after LO said it was locked to get it in document form. Initial LE did not show as locked. If they said it's locked, I'd trust that (based on my experience).
logiclife

Post by logiclife »

Goal33 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:50 pm
logiclife wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:49 pm For the folks who refied with lenderfi on the loan estimate does it say the rate is locked?

My data point from months ago... took a day or so after LO said it was locked to get it in document form. Initial LE did not show as locked. If they said it's locked, I'd trust that (based on my experience).
Thanks for your response.

I contacted him about it, frankly for me, if it's not in writing it's not happening. Gee, how did I miss that!? 🙂

He said it was locked last night
Goal33

Post by Goal33 »

logiclife wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:59 pm
Goal33 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:50 pm

Thanks for your response.

I contacted him about it, frankly for me, if it's not in writing it's not happening. Gee, how did I miss that!? 🙂

He said it was locked last night
I feel the same, but it took a day for the document to be generated and sent to me.
logiclife

Post by logiclife »

Thanks @Goal33. I will wait for his response.. 🙂

Edit : he says that's normal. Lol.. Whatever that means.

And will be sent by processor by law within few days. Too many wrinkles in the mix
TLHHead

Post by TLHHead »

Hi, catching up on these threads. Maybe I'm old school but I do like going with a Big Guy.

Current Rate 4%

I'm currently looking at refinancing with Quiken at a 480K refinance $1877 (.126% points) + title = 5519 of feeds.

Also, has anybody refinanced in PA? I see my original mortgage had significant taxes $8K which I remember being surprised about. Section E of closing document and wondering about PA or township fees to just refinance that may not be accounted for here.

Trying to figure out if this is a good deal. Seems decent.

I'm also looking to payoff in <5 years
learn2invest2day

learn2invest2day wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:36 pm

Thank you for the suggestion.Yes, the LD pricing is based on price-match to IM. Initially they quoted me 2.5% and then matched the IM quote. LD also mentioned this is the best they can offer. Regarding better than no-cost with lender credit, it depends on how many years I plan to continue in the same house without refinancing right? I am just considering to go with no-cost as of now. The LTV will be more than 60% without appraisal for $999,999. But let me check again with the LO to verify if they can provide the same rate without appraisal. If LD comes back and say they can't provide the same rate then i think its a toss-up.

One thing though is for IM, LO mentioned I can go through a appraisal and then back out for any reason without paying appraisal fee, where as for LD I need to pay the fee once appraisal is done. My home value is anywhere between 55-62% based on online platforms, less than 60% (Realtor, Redfin) vs more than 60% (Zillow, Trulia). So there is a slight risk of it coming more than 60% LTV.
Thank you for the data point. So it seems pretty safe to go with IM just incase I decide to.

If LD matches rate without appraisal, I can go with them. If not seems like either option isn't bad.
I just spoke with LD. They will rate-match without appraisal but closing costs will increase by 1200$. Another thing, which I forgot was the appraisal fee of $495 was not in Loan Estimate by LD since my card was charged already. So, if I include that IM comes out to be cheaper. I am considering to go with IM and if for some reason appraisal doesn't come to be less than 60% for LTV, i can always cancel and proceed with LD. Infact, I mentioned this to LD loan officer and he said that's a safe strategy since IM does not charge appraisal fee even if application is cancelled later. He just mentioned to schedule IM and LD appraisal 4 days apart so that I know IM appraisal value before deciding to cancel either of them.
presto987

Post by presto987 »

learn2invest2day wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:54 pm I just spoke with LD. They will rate-match without appraisal but closing costs will increase by 1200$. Another thing, which I forgot was the appraisal fee of $495 was not in Loan Estimate by LD since my card was charged already. So, if I include that IM comes out to be cheaper. I am considering to go with IM and if for some reason appraisal doesn't come to be less than 60% for LTV, i can always cancel and proceed with LD. Infact, I mentioned this to LD loan officer and he said that's a safe strategy since IM does not charge appraisal fee even if application is cancelled later. He just mentioned to schedule IM and LD appraisal 4 days apart so that I know IM appraisal value before deciding to cancel either of them.
This sounds like a good plan. The risk with IM is that if the appraisal comes back too low and your LTV dips below 60%, then they might change your rate. But if they are willing to refund the appraisal fee, then there is no risk in trying.

By the way, I am very surprised that IM is willing to refund appraisal fees after the appraisal is done. Get it in writing if you haven't already!
learn2invest2day

I agree that there is a risk of appraisal coming too low and rate might change. I can try asking about the appraisal fee waiver in writing. I have tried to get in writing for auto extension of 30-day lock in period but he said we are a no-cost lender, which means just as if the rate dips after 30-days we won't reduce your interest, we won't increase the rate too.

Worst case if appraisal comes too low and if fee is not waived, I would be more or less even as if I went with LD in first place. Appraisal fees is 450$ (similar to $495 for LD).
logiclife

Post by logiclife »

MR Cooper (my current loan servicer) pricematched LenderFi, with $881 credits with no costs loan BUT with an approx close date of 2/1/2021., rate locked

I am not sure if waiting that long has any --ve's in it, any thoughts?

EDIT: I feel that they are putting me back in the line as they know Iam already their customer and Iam given a good rate plus I will be paying them 3.375% rate on my current loan until the refi closes

Does anyone know who lender fi passes off the loan for servicing!?
Last edited by logiclife on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
traveler00

Post by traveler00 »

logiclife wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:40 pm
logiclife wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:37 pm
Does anyone know who lender fi passes off the loan for servicing!?
Lenderfi services their loans themselves. No guarantee that it stays like this forever but I do know that they service most if not all of their loans.