Free legal consumer advice? [Legal consultation for car insurance problem]

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
parigi723

Free legal consumer advice? [Legal consultation for car insurance problem]

Post by parigi723 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:42 am

Hello,many thanks for your previous replies........
I have mentioned before,that I live in a rural area.I might have an issue with my car insurance company and I'd like to know in case I have to
contact a lawyer.Do you have any suggestion that I might be able to apply? Many thanks,parigi.

Rupert

Re: Free legal consumer advice??????

Post by Rupert » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:52 am

Some local or state bar associations run volunteer lawyer programs that provide free or low-cost legal advice to qualifying individuals. Sometimes you have to establish need, i.e., show that you cannot afford to pay a lawyer, and sometimes the programs only offer certain types of advice, e.g., fair debt collection, wills, etc. You'll have to contact your local bar association to see what is available in your area.

rjbraun

Re: Free legal consumer advice??????

Post by rjbraun » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:11 am

Don't know specifics of your situation, but you may want to contact your state insurance department first. Describe your problem, and perhaps they can give advice on how to proceed. If the insurance issue you have is clear-cut, and the insurer is clearly in the wrong, let's say, perhaps they could even help you directly. I don't know, but it may be worth checking out. Good luck

Edited to add: Your state insurance department may have a toll-free consumer assistance line, I know that my state does. That would be a good place to start.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Free legal consumer advice? [Legal consultation for car insurance problem]

Post by LadyGeek » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:02 pm

This thread is now in the Personal Finance (Not Investing) forum (legal, insurance). I retitled the thread for clarify.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

rh00p

Re: Free legal consumer advice? [Legal consultation for car insurance problem]

Post by rh00p » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:26 pm

You can try asking a question here.

www.avvo.com
Preparing for the worst. Hoping for the best.