UPDATE on topic - Employeer taking vacation days on public holidays - is this legal or normal?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
RW-Expat

UPDATE on topic - Employeer taking vacation days on public holidays - is this legal or normal?

Post by RW-Expat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:53 am

Firstly, thanks to all the replies I got to the initial thread – if you recall my wife had just been informed of a change in vacation policy where non-paid holidays and non-scheduled Saturday’s were being deducted from vacation allowance. As a reminder my wife is a doctor in a 3-doctor practice and how she is compensated is irrelevant to this issue.

My wife had her meeting with the owner earlier in the week and it went very well – her position was strengthened by one of the other doctors handing in notice because of the recent changes.

The new policy was scrapped, she got an extra weeks’ vacation and a reduction in work hours from the second quarter next year – which is everything that she was looking for.

Again, thanks to everyone’s feedback and just wanted give an update just in case others may be in the same boat ever, everything is negotiable and you always have a choice!

Silk McCue

Re: UPDATE on topic - Employeer taking vacation days on public holidays - is this legal or normal?

Post by Silk McCue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:21 am

Congrats on the results. Christmas came early for you.

Cheers

j0nnyg1984

Re: UPDATE on topic - Employeer taking vacation days on public holidays - is this legal or normal?

Post by j0nnyg1984 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:10 pm

Nice outcome. Is the other doctor still quitting?

RW-Expat

Post by RW-Expat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:49 pm

j0nnyg1984 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:10 pm
Nice outcome. Is the other doctor still quitting?
Yes.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:30 pm

The prior discussion: Employeer taking vacation days on public holidays - is this legal or normal? (locked)

We can discuss the update here.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.