Credit card claim for rental car collision?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
JeanMich

Credit card claim for rental car collision?

Post by JeanMich » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:21 am

I am planning on a 5 week car rental for an upcoming winter vacation. I am wondering if anyone can give me their experience with making a credit card claim after a rental car collision. How easy (or difficult) was it? Did they actually cover well? What do I need to keep in mind?

mavenleek

Re: Credit card claim for rental car collision?

Post by mavenleek » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:25 am

I had to use it once when I got into a minor accident. The process with American Express was really easy and everything was settled after a couple of weeks leaving me with 0 out of pocket costs.

Check your terms and conditions of your credit card as most of them will exclude coverage for rentals over 30 days.

Topic Author
JeanMich

Post by JeanMich » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:30 pm

Mavenleek, do you remember if your insurance the standard American Express version, or was it their premium car rental protection that you have to pay an extra charge for?

dm200

Post by dm200 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:35 pm

JeanMich wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:30 pm
Mavenleek, do you remember if your insurance the standard American Express version, or was it their premium car rental protection that you have to pay an extra charge for?
I have the same question...

seawolf21

Post by seawolf21 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:01 pm

I second making sure the auto insurance maximum days of coverage is adequate.

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:20 pm

JeanMich wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:21 am
I am planning on a 5 week car rental for an upcoming winter vacation. I am wondering if anyone can give me their experience with making a credit card claim after a rental car collision. How easy (or difficult) was it? Did they actually cover well? What do I need to keep in mind?
A couple of comments:

- 30 day rule, as others pointed out
- is your credit card providing primary or secondary coverage?
- do you have a personal automobile insurance that provides liability coverage? (credit Card doesn’t)

I have not had to file a claim in nearly 30 years of renting a car, but that “boast” probably means that I will crash my current rental when I leave here in 10 minutes. Check again here later today ;)
Last edited by TravelGeek on Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBQ Nut

Post by BBQ Nut » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:21 pm

I have a 'standard' Citibank Mastercard.

I had rental car damage in a parking lot while visiting my parents.

No note, no witness, no cameras, nothing.

I reported the damage to the rental car agency, filed a claim with my insurance carrier, AAA and was told that the total damage estimate was below my deductible, so they wouldn't help.

I contacted Citibank, filed the info for a claim and was later told that the type of credit card I had provided NO rental car insurance benefits. SOL.

So - be sure to ask with your cc company first before assuming that you have any benefits when using your cc to pay for a rental car.

heartwood

Post by heartwood » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:54 pm

A few years ago we had damage to a rental car in a parking lot. No note, etc. It looked like a sideswipe to the driver and rear passenger doors. Well beyond ignorable.

We had AMEX Premium car insurance at the time. We returned the car to AVIS. They filled out the damage report and we left after taking a lot of pictures. I initiated a claim with AMEX online. They handled it well; AVIS was terrible. It initially took about 3 months. AMEX paid AVIS directly.

AVIS sent a bill for about $2000 including loss of use and repairs. They did not charge my card. AMEX dealt with them but would not pay the LOU w/o logs. I was left with a $600(??) LOU bill. I ignored it at AMEX's suggestion: "see what happens"

Over several months I had a several telephone conversations and emails with AVIS over the matter to no avail. Then a year after (might have been two) I get a demand letter from a law firm. I called AMEX. They sent a letter to the firm pointing out that the claim had been paid, no logs, etc.

Another year goes by and I get a demand letter from a collection agency. Again, sent it to AMEX, they responded.

AMEX did a good job; AVIS was abysmal.

In response to others above, AMEX covers 42 days of each rental. Chase Sapphire covers 30.

Ndop

Post by Ndop » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:10 pm

I rented a car from Avis, paid using Amex card, and paid extra for the premium primary coverage. Was rear ended by someone who was uninsured. I submitted the claim to Amex. They paid everything except the admin fee ($100) and loss of use ($~140). The company that handles the repair for Avis (I think it was called Viking Billing) forgave the $100, but wanted me to pay the $140. I didn't want to deal with fighting it, so I just paid.

After all this, I signed up for a chase sapphire preferred card just to get their supposedly better rental car coverage. I heard they will cover the admin and lose of use fees.

orlandoman

Post by orlandoman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:21 pm

Depending on the CC you use, make sure to read the details, many that say 'Collision Damage' coverage that is different than 'any' damage, like American Express Premium & some others cover.

In general think of 'Any' damage as collision plus comprehensive coverage ... hail damage, glass/windshield, etc.
Last edited by orlandoman on Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

bob60014

Post by bob60014 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:27 pm

Most I've seen usually just cover the rental car damage, not any damage to the other vehicle in the collision. Read the details!

BolderBoy

Post by BolderBoy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:27 pm

In the mid-1980s I rented a car from a national carrier and forgot to decline all the agency "coverages". While pulling into a national park parking area at a dead slow speed, looking to the left into the parking spot where I was turning, a small child darted in front of me from the right and... (child from Minnesota, I from Colorado).

Injury, hospital, etc. Father tried to squeeze me for $$$ on the spot. I refused.

Took copious notes, got witness affidavits signed, pictures of everything, including the child over the father's objections, park police report, etc. Returned the rental car and related everything to the agent who couldn't have cared less. Didn't hear any more about it.

Fast forward 10 years and I get a call from the rental car agency's head office dealing with claims. The guy sounded like he hadn't slept in a week but was otherwise very nice. Said the child's parents were suing for the moon and stars and that I'd probably hear from their lawyer eventually.

He: "Do you remember anything about this and can you tell me what happened that you remember?"
Me: "Would you like the file folder of documents I created at the time and kept just in case?"

You can't imagine the fellow's upbeat glee at hearing this. I sent it all to him and never heard about it again, from anyone.
"Never underestimate one's capacity to overestimate one's abilities" - The Dunning-Kruger Effect

sparksfly

Post by sparksfly » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Back in Dec 2016, I totaled a Hertz rental car (by rear ending another Hertz rental) in Hawaii. I had used Hertz reward points to book the car for 4 days but luckily paid the taxes with my Chase Sapphire Reserve card.
After I returned back home, I got 2 claims from Hertz - first for 12K for the car I hit and second for 22K for the car I rented and totaled.
I filed the liability claim (12K) with my insurance (Farmers) and never heard about it again. I confirmed with Hertz later that it was paid out.
Since my card provided primary coverage- I filed the 22K claim directly with Chase. Hertz was diligent is sending everything (pictures, logs for LOU, Auction price, comparables, estimates etc). Because it was an unusually large claim for a credit card rental provider, it took them good 8 months to finally pay 22K to Hertz. I had to do some follow-ups. Although they had approved the claim in couple months, they were trying to negotiate the value with Hertz and that’s why it took them that long to pay.

Overall, the experience wasn’t too bad except some follow-ups.

Do check if your card provides primary coverage. If it does not, it is expected that you file the claim with you insurance first and then with card company for any gap. Also check if your insurance company covers your rental car. Farmers was willing to cover the collision as well but I didn’t want to file with insurance company because I had a choice of claiming through card

fufgirl

Post by fufgirl » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:50 pm

I'm pretty sure (at least some lesser tier) Amex cards have secondary coverage, not primary like the chase sapphire reserve. I think Amex offers primary on those cards, but it costs an additional $25. This may be different between the Blue Cash and something like the platinum card- not sure about platinum.

HIinvestor

Post by HIinvestor » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:12 pm

We had a claim paid our on Chase Sapphire Preferred. It was for SUV rear window broken and items stolen from car. Unfortunately the stolen items were not covered but the window replacement was fully reimbursed. We just had to file paperwork and a few phone calls. It was pretty straight-forward. Was told they cover hail damage too, but YMMV.

RussianInNYC

Post by RussianInNYC » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:11 pm

Hit a deer in Utah. Total damage was 2.5K.
CC coverage was secondary after personal policy that covered 2k - 500 was a deductible.
could never figure out why deductible was being applied if this is effectively a 3rd party liability.
CC picked up the 500 deductible.
Very painful process between car rental/ own insurance and CC - endlessly lost paperwork

Topic Author
JeanMich

Post by JeanMich » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:29 pm

After reading all the replies and carefully checking the fine print on my various credit cards, I will likely use the premium car rental protection from American Express for $24.95. It allows me 42 (instead of the usual 30) days of consecutive coverage since we will be gone for 5 weeks, and it is considered primary coverage. Thanks to everyone for their comments.

heartwood

Post by heartwood » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:30 pm

JeanMich wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:29 pm
After reading all the replies and carefully checking the fine print on my various credit cards, I will likely use the premium car rental protection from American Express for $24.95. It allows me 42 (instead of the usual 30) days of consecutive coverage since we will be gone for 5 weeks, and it is considered primary coverage. Thanks to everyone for their comments.
There is a lower priced option for most states, $19.95 for $75k of coverage. That's what we usually took. The $24.95 option is $100k.

https://feeservices.americanexpress.com ... ge/home.do

dm200

Post by dm200 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:31 pm

JeanMich wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:29 pm
Hope you don;t need it -- but there is you have such an issue.

I signed up for the 19.95 version - but have not rented a car yet. I got this coverage because we no longer carry collision and comprehensive insurance on our two older cars.

Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:09 pm

sparksfly wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:56 pm
Back in Dec 2016, I totaled a Hertz rental car (by rear ending another Hertz rental) in Hawaii. I had used Hertz reward points to book the car for 4 days but luckily paid the taxes with my Chase Sapphire Reserve card.
After I returned back home, I got 2 claims from Hertz - first for 12K for the car I hit and second for 22K for the car I rented and totaled.
I filed the liability claim (12K) with my insurance (Farmers) and never heard about it again. I confirmed with Hertz later that it was paid out.
Since my card provided primary coverage- I filed the 22K claim directly with Chase. Hertz was diligent is sending everything (pictures, logs for LOU, Auction price, comparables, estimates etc). Because it was an unusually large claim for a credit card rental provider, it took them good 8 months to finally pay 22K to Hertz. I had to do some follow-ups. Although they had approved the claim in couple months, they were trying to negotiate the value with Hertz and that’s why it took them that long to pay.

Overall, the experience wasn’t too bad except some follow-ups.

Do check if your card provides primary coverage. If it does not, it is expected that you file the claim with you insurance first and then with card company for any gap. Also check if your insurance company covers your rental car. Farmers was willing to cover the collision as well but I didn’t want to file with insurance company because I had a choice of claiming through card
I wonder if one’s regular car insurance can deny a claim if you rent a car with a credit card that has primary coverage. In a case where there is damage to a 3rd party car, the renter loses his “get out of insurance jail free” card because the claim still has to be turned into the renter’s regular insurance.

Also, it seems that there’s some sort of “wrong” incentive to use credit card insurance. Because if you wrecked your own car, you’d have to pay the deductible, which one would assume you’ve decided ahead of time is a risk you can afford. But if you wreck a rental car on a credit card, your deductible is covered.

grabiner
Advisory Board

Post by grabiner » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:19 pm

RussianInNYC wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:11 pm
CC coverage was secondary after personal policy that covered 2k - 500 was a deductible.
could never figure out why deductible was being applied if this is effectively a 3rd party liability.
You filed a first-party collision/comprehensive claim (I don't know which category a deer is in Utah), not a liability claim, so the insurance paid the damage minus the deductible. A liability claim would have to be filed against the at-fault party, and in your case, that was a deer, which does not have insurance or assets.
Wiki David Grabiner

an_asker

Post by an_asker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:26 am

RussianInNYC wrote:
CC picked up the 500 deductible.
Very painful process between car rental/ own insurance and CC - endlessly lost paperwork
It's been just about two decades now. In broad daylight, a deer literally jumped on us (in this instance, I cannot in all honesty say that I hit a deer!) on I-5 just south of Mount Shasta. We were in an Alamo rental. Windshield smashed, airbags deployed, etc. I was able to drive it off the interstate with the help of a cop behind holding off traffic (we were stopped off the left lane). Our insurance paid everything except the deductible which was covered by the credit card (though it took a while). Back then, the rental car firms hadn't figured out the Loss of Use addendum (or at least, we were not dinged with it).

To the then Alamo's (I've heard it is not as good anymore) credit, they sent us a replacement car for our use the next day. Our only additional expense was a hotel stay that night which was not a big deal - back then, prior to the cell phone (and internet, for the most part) era, we didn't have reservations anywhere and were planning to find a place as soon as it got dark.

A few years ago, we were again in the vicinity of the Vulcan - this time quite close to the appropriately named BumpAss Hell, where I backed out my car in the Visitor Center parking lot and hit the car that was backing out behind me! This time, the other car didn't sustain any damage except for scratches but there was a small hole in our car's bumper. Avis, I believe it was (or could've been Budget), overlooked the damage even after we pointed it out to them. End of story :-)

an_asker

Post by an_asker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:31 am

sparksfly wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:56 pm
[...]Do check if your card provides primary coverage. If it does not, it is expected that you file the claim with you insurance first and then with card company for any gap. Also check if your insurance company covers your rental car. Farmers was willing to cover the collision as well but I didn’t want to file with insurance company because I had a choice of claiming through card
I agree about checking up with the credit card either way about what insurance it covers. Citi for one has really stepped back on this one. On our trip to Australia two years back, I got a letter from Citi confirming that our credit card covered rentals over there. Ended up having some minor damage - $60 - and Citi ended up paying.

But for our recent trip to South Africa, I didn't even want to take chances so didn't even ask - we just took the maximum coverage from the rental agencies. Thankfully, the rentals were uneventful :-)

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:41 am

There are two types of CC insurance, Primary and Secondary.

Primary will cover damage first—you don’t need to file a claim with your personal insurance company.

Secondary will cover what your auto insurance won’t cover. If you damage your rental car and the damage is below your deductible, your credit card coverage will cover everything. If the damage is above your deductible you’ll file a claim with both your autoinsurance company and then seek back your deductible from your credit card company.

If you are out of the United States you likely have no valid car insurance so your secondary coverage will act as primary.

I’ve dealt with claims with both AMEX and Chase. How it is handled is not really determined by the CC company but determined by the rental car company. When I “damaged” a car abroad, the rental car company demanded payment on the spot and wouldn’t let me leave. I paid the $700ish bill and then filed a claim afterwards with Chase. I got all of my money back in about 6 weeks. Claims process was easy but the issue was that all the documents were in a foreign language and Chase had to send them out for translation. Another time I had “damage” abroad I had a similar situation and AMEX again later reimbursed me (via statement credit, not check).

Make sure you look for what your CC company requires in order to process a claim. If you damage your car you want to get all the appropriate documents while at the rental counter. Trying to get the documents later will be difficult—especially if it’s an international rental company. Take 100 pictures.

Regarding “Loss of Use”, in the two times I’ve had rental car issues that has never been brought up by the rental car company. Please be aware that while the CC companies say they will cover this they require proof that there was a loss of use. Rental car companies will refuse to give this information to you. You will never get reimbursed for this fee if you are assessed it unless you pay the rental car agency for loss of use protection.

As others have said, confirm the length of rental and how long your card will cover you. You can always swap cars halfway through if you exceed the day limit.

Finally, be aware of where you rent the car. I have found when I rent from a rental car company that is “in house” at an airport they pretty much never look at damage. I’ve brought a car back with the bumper all banged up and I never heard a word about it. If you rent off site they are much much more strict. I recommend taking pictures of the car when you pick it up and do your best to snag the rental agent in the same pictures.

Topic Author
JeanMich

Post by JeanMich » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:40 pm

Thanks everyone for all the info. I particularly like the idea of getting the rental agent in the before pictures. I'll be sure to do that next time.

SpideyIndexer

Post by SpideyIndexer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Not exactly a collision, My rental was keyed in Hawaii (be careful where you park!) The estimate for repainting (~$800) was provided by the rental agency and not questioned. I took some photos which were helpful. Visa Gold eventually paid but mucho paperwork to copy and forward, and many phone calls to Visa and the agency. It took about 6 months.

lazydavid

Post by lazydavid » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:57 am

We thought we were covered with our Citibank card, but it didn't turn out that way.

We had a minor fender bender ($914 damage), the other driver was at fault (swerved across 4 lanes of traffic to make a right turn without looking), and their insurance (Geico) paid the full amount of the damages. Hertz still came after me for $317 for LOU and administrative fees. Citibank denied the claim because the car's MSRP exceeded $50k (had gotten a Mercedes E350 for less than the cost of a Camry). Wound up settling for some lower amount, think it was $232.

After that experience, I added a UNOC (Unlimited Non-Owned Car) rider to my auto policy. This costs me around $25/6 months, and provides full coverage with no deductible any time I am renting a car, provided I am not doing so on behalf of my employer, and no single rental is over ~45 days. They also cover all the BS rental agency fees like LOU. Most importantly, everything is handled by your insurer's claims department, which should dramatically limit the back-and-forth nonsense. Haven't needed it yet, but I'm planning on keeping it as long as I travel. It's inexpensive enough that I haven't even bothered to to try carrying it for only part of the year.

The Wizard

Post by The Wizard » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:01 am

heartwood wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:54 pm
A few years ago we had damage to a rental car in a parking lot. No note, etc. It looked like a sideswipe to the driver and rear passenger doors. Well beyond ignorable.

We had AMEX Premium car insurance at the time. We returned the car to AVIS. They filled out the damage report and we left after taking a lot of pictures. I initiated a claim with AMEX online. They handled it well; AVIS was terrible. It initially took about 3 months. AMEX paid AVIS directly.

AVIS sent a bill for about $2000 including loss of use and repairs. They did not charge my card. AMEX dealt with them but would not pay the LOU w/o logs...
What are "logs"?
Attempted new signature...

JordanIB

Post by JordanIB » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:06 am

It's good to see some of these reports. I've always wondered how well the CC companies handle these claims. I always put rentals on my Chase Sapphire Preferred. I do not have my own car insurance, so I assume in that situation the CC coverage (whether it be on the Sapphire or any other card I provide) becomes primary?

Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:50 am

JordanIB wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:06 am
It's good to see some of these reports. I've always wondered how well the CC companies handle these claims. I always put rentals on my Chase Sapphire Preferred. I do not have my own car insurance, so I assume in that situation the CC coverage (whether it be on the Sapphire or any other card I provide) becomes primary?
Only for the rental car. What about liability insurance for if you harm someone and or someone’s property? Sounds like you need what’s called “non-owner’s auto insurance”. And/or expensive “at the rental counter” liability coverage.

lazydavid

Post by lazydavid » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:56 am

The Wizard wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:01 am
What are "logs"?
Fleet usage logs. The insurance company will want the rental agency to corroborate its Loss of Use claim by proving that every single vehicle of that class at that location was rented out for the time period that the damaged vehicle was being repaired.

Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:57 am

lazydavid wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:57 am
We thought we were covered with our Citibank card, but it didn't turn out that way.

We had a minor fender bender ($914 damage), the other driver was at fault (swerved across 4 lanes of traffic to make a right turn without looking), and their insurance (Geico) paid the full amount of the damages. Hertz still came after me for $317 for LOU and administrative fees. Citibank denied the claim because the car's MSRP exceeded $50k (had gotten a Mercedes E350 for less than the cost of a Camry). Wound up settling for some lower amount, think it was $232.

After that experience, I added a UNOC (Unlimited Non-Owned Car) rider to my auto policy. This costs me around $25/6 months, and provides full coverage with no deductible any time I am renting a car, provided I am not doing so on behalf of my employer, and no single rental is over ~45 days. They also cover all the BS rental agency fees like LOU. Most importantly, everything is handled by your insurer's claims department, which should dramatically limit the back-and-forth nonsense. Haven't needed it yet, but I'm planning on keeping it as long as I travel. It's inexpensive enough that I haven't even bothered to to try carrying it for only part of the year.
This seems odd. Why would you get more insurance for when you rent a car than for your own car/regular driving? My reason for using the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card is to have primary collision damage coverage on a rental car SO I DON’T HAVE TO DING MY INSURABILITY BY HAVING TO FILE A CLAIM WITH MY OWN INSURANCE. But you won’t get that benefit.

Also you touched on the reason I rent appliance cars and even have turned down the occasional “upgrade to luxury”. I don’t want the extra cost and risk of driving a luxury rental car. Altima or Camry are fine.

RussianInNYC

Post by RussianInNYC » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:46 pm

grabiner wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:19 pm
RussianInNYC wrote:
You filed a first-party collision/comprehensive claim (I don't know which category a deer is in Utah), not a liability claim, so the insurance paid the damage minus the deductible. A liability claim would have to be filed against the at-fault party, and in your case, that was a deer, which does not have insurance or assets.
Aren't we talking my liability to the car rental?

grabiner
Advisory Board

Post by grabiner » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:22 pm

RussianInNYC wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:46 pm
grabiner wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:19 pm
RussianInNYC wrote:
Aren't we talking my liability to the car rental?
Yes, but that isn't the same use of the legal term. You areliable for a payment if there is a contract which says you must make the payment (here, your contract with the rental company). Your liability insurance covers you when you are at fault and damage something other than the car you are driving; this is what most insurance calls a third-party claim. Your collision and comprehensive insurance covers you when the car you are driving is damaged, regardless of fault (although if another driver is at fault, your insurance can then collect from that driver); this is a first-party claim.

You can see this from the terms of your auto insurance.
Wiki David Grabiner

kaneohe

Post by kaneohe » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:46 am

heartwood wrote:

AVIS sent a bill for about $2000 including loss of use and repairs. They did not charge my card. AMEX dealt with them but would not pay the LOU w/o logs. I was left with a $600(??) LOU bill. I ignored it at AMEX's suggestion: "see what happens"

Over several months I had a several telephone conversations and emails with AVIS over the matter to no avail. Then a year after (might have been two) I get a demand letter from a law firm. I called AMEX. They sent a letter to the firm pointing out that the claim had been paid, no logs, etc.

Another year goes by and I get a demand letter from a collection agency. Again, sent it to AMEX, they responded.

any happy ending ? or still living in suspense? How long since the last contact?

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:01 am

Here is my experience with Avis and Amex card: In a rental car got rear-ended at a stop light where I had been stopped for awhile on the way to return the car at LaGuardia. I got the other driver's license info. I turned car into Avis a few minutes later and filled out an Avis accident report. The Avis desk folks were very helpful and unconcerned. When I got back to work the next day, I told my travel people at my corporation and they dealt with it. Later on, I got a letter from Avis asking for $100 which I just gave to my travel people. I never heard again anything about it, so I consider that a happy ending.

I guess my travel people dealt with rental car accidents all the time.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

heartwood

Post by heartwood » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:26 pm

kaneohe wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:46 am
heartwood wrote:

any happy ending ? or still living in suspense? How long since the last contact?
Curiously I was just mentioning this experience to a colleague this past week.

I haven't heard anything from anyone since I last spoke with AMEX. Wish me luck!