Bankivity 7: New user questions

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
RooseveltG

Bankivity 7: New user questions

Post by RooseveltG » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:35 am

I am in the process of transitioning from Quicken for Windows to Bankivity 7 on a Mac. I have a few questions:

1. Can you pay bills online (as you can in Quicken) and how do you do it?

2. Quicken links the money market and brokerage accounts so that purchases and dividends on the investment side appear in the money market. (These are viewed as 2 separate accounts in Quicken).

In Bankivity, a transfer needs to be entered to move dividends to the separately imported money market fund. I am thinking of using a single investment account rather than a linked money market in the Bankivity program. Is there a reason to maintain 2 accounts vs 1 on Bankivity?

3. Does the program download transactions from your checking account and do automatic reconciliation?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Roosevelt.

desiderium

Re: Bankivity 7: New user questions

Post by desiderium » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:16 am

Have used Banktivity (previously iBank) for ~5 years now and overall satisfied. Occasional glitches promptly addressed by their customer service.

The automatic download function is a separate subscription, ~$60/year I believe. For me it has been worthwhile.
I use it for my spending--bank and credit cards, and I have not explored using it with investment accounts. I am less comfortable with linking these to things in the cloud.