HR Block Taxcut 2017 not printing all required forms?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
m2go

HR Block Taxcut 2017 not printing all required forms?

Post by m2go » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:08 pm

When I print tax forms for filing, then it says I should expect about 90 pages, but then produce a PDF of only 38 pages. Upon closer inspection, it
only prints one version of each form. Even though we have to Schedule C, only 1 gets printed. Similar for IRA basis form, etc...

Has anybody seen that before, and recommend a work around?

livesoft

Re: HR Block Taxcut 2017 not printing all required forms?

Post by livesoft » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:10 pm

I have not seen that, but contact Customer Support and tell us what they say.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:41 pm

It sounds like a software problem with the HRB. I think the OP should give HRB a call.

In TurboTax, one can generate PDF files for all possible forms and worksheets, not just the required forms.

m2go

Post by m2go » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:26 pm

HRB answer is to go to each form in tax view and "print this form" :oops: :shock:

m2go

Post by m2go » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:20 pm

So, I wondered whether this was due to a corrupted file, and I entered all the information again. On the plus side, that made both Schedule C's appear in the printout, as well as two copies of 8606 -- IRA basis for the backdoor roth.

I thought I was all set - but it appears not so. This morning my wife reviewed the printout, and "Honey, there's only one Form 4562". Yikes. Forms Central shows the form filled out correctly. So, we're missing a copy of form of 4952 in the printout? One of the forms has really no info other than carry-over of depreciation from last year. So, maybe that copy of form 4562 doesn't have to be filed?

The fact that the program indicates that I should expect about 90 pages, but then only prints 40 does not help to create peace of mind here.

The underlying ultimate concern is whether I can trust that all forms will be submitted to IRS when filing electronically, in addition to being able to review paper and keep it for future reference.