Fidelity Full View

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
radiowave

Fidelity Full View

Post by radiowave » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Fidelity updated it's Full View component over the weekend. Is anyone having issues with historical data? Apparently they redid the categories and if you had any customized categories, they didn't come over and also changed several prior standard categories and don't match up with the new categories. This made about 40% of my historical data default to Unclassified. Is anyone else having this same problem?
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

whodidntante

Re: Fidelity Full View

Post by whodidntante » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:19 pm

It seems to be a major update. There will be much bellyaching and gnashing of teeth.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:43 pm

I'm seeing multiple problems:
- categories where changed and some don't match historical categories
- cannot select 1 year of transactions any more, need to put in custom date
- when selecting 90 days of transactions on the current month is displayed
- with transaction, no way to see multiple pages
- on Overview, used to be able to click the pie chart or Category and see all transactions, that capability seems to be missing now
- unable to link to my Capital ONe card and its listed as a lone even with "credit card" in the label

I know these are a bit nitpicky but I was using Fidelity to track expenses, I don't see the current version as usable any more and I may consider going to Schwab. Can anyone give feedback on tracking expenses on Schwab?
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

lstone19

Post by lstone19 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:46 pm

They want you to "relink" accounts which basically means re-enter everything (the old account data just acts as reminder of what accounts you had in there before). For one of my banks, which uses a challenge question on every login, the new FullView asks me the question and has a box for typing in the answer but I am not able to actually type anything in the box (all input is ignored) - same result on three different browsers (all on MacOS).

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:45 pm

Problem with this new view that it very buggy, to say at least. It cannot recognize investment in Fidelity 401K - listed them as unknown, TIPS categorized as Investment grade bond. When I see bugs like that I'm always thinking - whom do I trust money :(

G-Force

Post by G-Force » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:32 am

Already an existing thread here: viewtopic.php?t=255062

G-Force

Post by G-Force » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:33 am

radiowave wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:43 pm
I know these are a bit nitpicky but I was using Fidelity to track expenses, I don't see the current version as usable any more and I may consider going to Schwab. Can anyone give feedback on tracking expenses on Schwab?
You can't track expenses at Schwab. You can only add external accounts and track the current balance; you can't see individual transactions.

crt928

Post by crt928 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:43 am

The "upgrade" to the new version has been a SNAFU. I've had to relink my accounts multiple times, probably will have to again too. Linking my fidelity credit card brought over all of my accounts again, oh just a minor oversight by the IT staff. History? Even though have been with Fidelity for years, they did not migrate / convert any history. That is why any history was / is showing current month activity. With IT delivery such as this, there are reputable alternatives who haven't forgotten they are to serve their customers' needs, current and historical. If History isn't brought back by Dec 2018, I will be history - then new firm receives the history and hopefully can integrate it into its own tools. How happy are you with the new and improved "Full View"?