Uber Visa and cell phone protection

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
28fe6

Uber Visa and cell phone protection

Post by 28fe6 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:20 pm

I recently bought two Project Fi phones for $250 each, and switched my service to Project Fi. I financed the phones using their 2-year 0% financing, and bought the "device protection" through Project Fi for $5/mo per phone. The deductible for the device protection is $80.

I found out my Uber Visa apparently offers up to $600 cell phone protection if you use it to pay your bill, with a $25 deductible. This should save me $10/mo. Question: has anyone actually used this protection? What was the claim process like? I personally have never used a credit card benefit like this or other CC benefits like rental car insurance so I am not sure how to value them.

MikeG62

Re: Uber Visa and cell phone protection

Post by MikeG62 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:23 am

28fe6 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:20 pm
I recently bought two Project Fi phones for $250 each, and switched my service to Project Fi. I financed the phones using their 2-year 0% financing, and bought the "device protection" through Project Fi for $5/mo per phone. The deductible for the device protection is $80.

I found out my Uber Visa apparently offers up to $600 cell phone protection if you use it to pay your bill, with a $25 deductible. This should save me $10/mo. Question: has anyone actually used this protection? What was the claim process like? I personally have never used a credit card benefit like this or other CC benefits like rental car insurance so I am not sure how to value them.
Was wondering the same thing. Found this thread on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CreditCards/co ... xperience/

Does not sound positive.
Real Knowledge Comes Only From Experience