Cash flow problems - best way to handle?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
MnyGrl

Re: Cash flow problems - best way to handle?

Post by MnyGrl » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:52 am

BuckyBadger wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:18 pm
Congratulations! That's great news!! I remember this thread vividly. Thanks for sticking with it through the negativity.
Thanks!

Maverick3320

Re: Cash flow problems - best way to handle?

Post by Maverick3320 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:01 pm

MnyGrl wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:50 am
Maverick3320 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:41 am
go_mets wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:30 am
Maverick3320 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:20 pm
Leemiller wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:32 am
I’m also appalled by some of the responses on this thread. There is also an underlying insensitively to many of them. Op is in great shape because she has a career but there is a reason that the majority of households living at the poverty level are headed by women. There are many threads giving working moms flack but if OP didn’t have job skills, her and her kids would be in a very tough situation.

Op, look again at the college costs agreement in your divorce decree. It sounds like how much you put in a month may be flexible as long as you hit a total dollar amount? If so, given your career plans for the next 2 years that is an easy place to cut. Again, a mini fridge and renting that room over the summer to a graduate student might be a good solution.

Op there is also the delivery service option. Like work for instacart, but I think I’d focus on the renting downstairs option personally.
What's the reason?
Google is your friend: https://www.google.com/search?client=op ... d+by+women

I was asking you specifically.

Men that spend 50% of housing would face exactly the same comments from the Bogleheads crowd.
Hi, this was a very contentious thread and I don't think anyone wants to rehash the arguments. I just wanted to share the news about my promotion (which will also come with a large bonus that I will use to pay off the car). I will be well under 50% on housing now.
Congratulations! :sharebeer