GEICO rate increase: 49% annualized?!

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
welderwannabe

Re: GEICO rate increase: 49% annualized?!

Post by welderwannabe »

I have had this problem with GEICO. Every 2-3 years my rate skyrockets and I head over to Progressive who offers me a policy for at or about where GEICO was before the rate increase. Then after 2-3 years Progressive does the same thing. I have switched back and forth between them for the last 20 or so years.
I am not an investment professional, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

welderwannabe wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:49 am I have had this problem with GEICO. Every 2-3 years my rate skyrockets and I head over to Progressive who offers me a policy for at or about where GEICO was before the rate increase. Then after 2-3 years Progressive does the same thing. I have switched back and forth between them for the last 20 or so years.
That's exactly how the industry works. They offer a low introductory price to get you to switch and then progressively raise it. In the last decade I've gone from Esurance to Geico and now to Progressive. And the differences can be staggering; when we switched from Geico to Progressive 2yrs ago it was ~40% savings. It takes almost no effort to get quotes and switch over, so at least get quotes every year or two.
mickroark

Post by mickroark »

Every 3 years I get a quote on auto insurance from most all the major insurance companies. Geico's are always the highest quotes I get. Again no tickets or accidents in 5 years. :oops: