Do you have USAA Auto Insurance w/ Defensive Driving Discount?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
DorothyB

Do you have USAA Auto Insurance w/ Defensive Driving Discount?

Post by DorothyB » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:33 pm

I'm trying to find someone whose auto insurance renewed after December 1st who has a defensive driving discount.

My policy renewed effective early February. My defensive driving class expired in late Feb. For my policy period ending in Feb my credit was over $33. For my new policy period, the credit was less than $11.

I re-took the defensive driving class, but my credit didn't change and is still less than $11.

They are telling me that they changed the % discount for defensive driving for policies renewing after some date in Feb. However they can't tell me what the % discount used to be or what it is now.

One of two things (or a combination of the two) has happened and I'm trying to figure out which one.

1) even though my course was expiring in Feb, they gave me credit for the entire 6 months but cut the credit % very drastically

2) my credit was lower because the course was expiring. Once I re-took the course, the system isn't giving me credit for the remaining months of the policy period.

So, if anyone else has defensive driving that is NOT expiring in the current policy period and whose policy renewed since November - can you tell me how much your defensive driving credit was last policy period and how much it is now?

Thanks!!

Exafchick

Re: Do you have USAA Auto Insurance w/ Defensive Driving Discount?

Post by Exafchick » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:03 am

My USAA auto insurance policy renewed in Jan and I receive a credit of $35.22 over the 6 month period.