Suggest a Financial Aggregator Site

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Rajsx

Suggest a Financial Aggregator Site

Post by Rajsx » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:44 pm

I need suggestions/Opinions on finding a Financial Aggregator Site where I can see all my investments(Essentially Vanguard) + CDs + Online savings accounts at a single place(website) so I can find my Total Asset Allocation.

- I use Mint for my Cash/CD & day to day money Flow, had to remove all investments as it was not categorizing investments right.
- Vanguard has a Asset Allocation of our investments on its site, but does not include our Bank CDs.

Fidelity Full View which used to work well till lately to combine the investments + CDs to find the Allocation has recently been categorizing many of our Vanguard Accounts as Unknown, messing up the Asset Allocation.

I tried Personal Capital, but it also does not include my Cash/CD into the Asset Allocation.

I do not know whether Yodlee can give me a combined Total Asset Allocation ?

We are border line retired and have been growing our CDs/Online savings portion ( due to poor Bond Fund Yields) of our Portfolio into a sizable sum and want to get that included into the Fixed Income portion of our Asset Allocation, without that the AA is (falsely) steered towards the Equity side.

Thanks much in advance
We do not stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing !!

Strayshot

Re: Suggest a Financial Aggregator Site

Post by Strayshot » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:49 am

I do all of this in Quicken

Emilyjane

Post by Emilyjane » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 am

On Vanguard’s site, you could add your CDs as “outside investments”.
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance", Confucius

ausmatt

Post by ausmatt » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:00 am

You can change the account type in Personal Capital to lump your cash accounts with investments. There’s a checkbox under account details that says Include inn investments (or similar). Not sure about CDs but I would imagine it’s the same.

ausmatt

Post by ausmatt » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:00 am

You can change the account type in Personal Capital to lump your cash accounts with investments. There’s a checkbox under account details that says Include inn investments (or similar). Not sure about CDs but I would imagine it’s the same.

Taco Knight

Post by Taco Knight » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:00 am

ausmatt wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:00 am
Thanks for telling us (me) about this. Must've been in one of their updates and I hadn't poked around thoroughly enough. I always hated having CDs in my cash section because each one was a separate account!

Also looking forward to the opposite, gonna be opening a 529 in a few months and happy to be able to click the box and exclude it from investment analysis.

aristotelian

Post by aristotelian » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am

I use Personal Capital. For accounts that don't link correctly, I just add as "Manual Bank". CD's and such hardly change at all so you just add once, update occasionally, and you're done.

You can also add manual brokerage accounts and enter shares that will update automatically.

Rajsx

Post by Rajsx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:15 pm

I added my CD & Online Savings accounts on Vanguard OUTSIDE ACCOUNTS & will manually update those balances.

Now, they SHOW UP and in the more accurate and some conservative Asset Allocation,

I do not need to fool with Personal Capital & the Full View of Fidelity.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help
We do not stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing !!

Alan S.

Post by Alan S. » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:24 pm

I use Morningstar Portfolio Manager.

Have each retirement and taxable account we have entered separately, and it will also show a grand total. But you will have to manually enter such things as individual bonds, brokered CDs, and mm and sweep funds as you wish and update the dividends and interest payments manually.

I don't like the idea of listing one custodian's holding on the site of another custodian like they promote.